As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Two Best Friends Play

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I think I got about three or four more DSII episodes before I bail out on that one for now for risk of spoiling it for me.

Still haven't even beat Dark Souls so I need to get way the fuck on top of that.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Can one really casually spoil Dark Souls?

Isn't the plot entirely buried deep in item descriptions? :P

Oh brilliant
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Exploring the environment and figuring out where to go are huge parts of the game, so those can get spoiled pretty easily.

• BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Yo! that Wolf Among Us musk!

That was amazing

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Why is "glaive" a dumb, deformed knife?

So a cool tidbit. Woolie and Liam both quit there jobs to do Best Friends full time.

That's so awesome for those guys.

IZF2byN.jpg

• SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    That means no more Woolie and Liam QA stories, but that's still amazing that they can make a living on this and focus their time.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The con panel video was awesome. Pat and Liam did pretty well at their first on-stage event. I don't know if it's just me but Woolie seems really good at directing the panel and looks comfortable up in front of a big group. Overall, the Zaibatsu didn't look nervous and they came across as a humble bunch of dudes.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I love the part of the panel where Liam reveals that he loved Fighterpedia. Seriously Fighterpedia is great and I miss it.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    “No one cares about Fighterpedia, not even me.” — Matt

uyvfOQy.png
    I liked the QA-narrative. Who will be responsible for bugs now?

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Botznoy wrote: »
    So a cool tidbit. Woolie and Liam both quit there jobs to do Best Friends full time.

I expect more Dark Souls 2 game play from Woolie then.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Murdered Soul Suspect is matching my expectations: An incredibly wonderful premise utterly bungled by bad execution.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Murdered Soul Suspect is matching my expectations: An incredibly wonderful premise utterly bungled by bad execution.
    I was worried it might actually be good for a minute there.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    BYToady wrote: »
    Botznoy wrote: »

I expect more Dark Souls 2 game play from Woolie then.

So question, does the multiplayer nature of the Souls games means a good experience with the series is reliant upon its servers being up? Because I thought I heard a few podcasts ago they shut down the servers for the first game and its DONE. I'm really only interested in games that have a shelf life beyond multiplayer.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I think the servers for Demon's Souls are even still up. The multiplayer stuff is a nice bonus, adds to the atmosphere, and definitely helps if you get stuck, but it's definitely not needed to finish the game or anything. It just adds more to the experience.

uyvfOQy.png
    They were going to shut down the servers for Demon Souls, even had a big community event for it, but then changed their minds and kept them up after all. While these games MP is a big part of them, they are incredibly servicable and very good single player games in their own right. MP is just a delicious bonus topping on an incredibly deep and rich cake: Not a required component to enjoy it.

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I wonder what actually happened with the Demon's Souls servers. I don't think they just decided not to take them down, they were doing it for a reason.

I feel like someone threw them a bunch of money to keep the servers alive.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    Dark Souls the First doesn't have dedicated servers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAAWE67hYeY

WHENS MAHVEL

MAHVEL RIGHT NOW

YO!

IZF2byN.jpg

I hate bone-Wolverine almost as much as I hate bioslime-Spidey.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    The Twitch stream for the end of the Nuzlocke Challenge is on, btw. Link.

(If they don't get trapped into mandatory side-adventures anymore.)

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited July 2014
    Will probably watch it on more on youtube. But I'll look a bit tonight.

I like Morrigan and Tron Bonne, but I'm terriblest at hyper-tag.

PLA on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I wonder what actually happened with the Demon's Souls servers. I don't think they just decided not to take them down, they were doing it for a reason.

I feel like someone threw them a bunch of money to keep the servers alive.

if i recall correctly the servers went down for a while, and then sony brought them back up when demon's souls became a PS+ free game

liEt3nH.png
    Storm update: Indigo Plateau reached!

It beings...

persona4celestia.jpg
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Nuzlocke Stream and P4G.

Its a good day.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying the stream now that Pat is there.

Taya wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the stream now that Pat is there.

Pat is oddly hype about this.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I forgot about this stream. I joined just in time to watch them win!

• ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My God, the ending of that was hype. It's like you need to play "Rules of Nature", "Before My Body is Dry", and "Stand Proud" all at the same time.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    What a perfect ending

Oh brilliant
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Earning that whole hypest gaming thing

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    Wrong about types till the end.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I didn't watch most of the Nuzlocke run, but the finale was great. Glad I tuned in.

edited July 2014
    Pat gets some stuff wrong in Dark Souls, but his fundamentals are solid.

Dragonrider is an interesting boss, because the levers are basically a trap. They fool you into giving him the space he needs. Plant the idea of distance in your head. Fighting close may be tough for you, but he is super, duper bad at close quarters, to the point of sometimes suiciding.

PLA on
    In fact, you can reliably get him to kill himself making the boss fight immensely trivial. Hell, I didn't even know you could make the entire arena like that until now.

That's the stylish way, but it's really spectacular how often his attacks whiff because you're just standing too close.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Oh god...the unbridled childlike Joy in the Hulk video. Its really hard not to grin like an idiot at their joy at playing a good superhero game.

I would pay fun bucks if they ever did an HD remake of Ultimate Destruction. Its like the perfect Hulk game

That. Freaking. Alakazam.

Man, things were really looking dire there. So much blood was spilled...

But when that last pokemon came out, and they realized they could Hydro Cannon it... (which they almost missed...)

HYPE UNENDING.

persona4celestia.jpg
    PMAvers wrote: »
    That. Freaking. Alakazam.

Man, things were really looking dire there. So much blood was spilled...

But when that last pokemon came out, and they realized they could Hydro Cannon it... (which they almost missed...)

HYPE UNENDING.
    The hypest Pyrrhos on Twitch.