As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NHL]: Can Seattle Take the Vegas Front Office in the Expansion Draft?

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I don't think Luongo will ever be an elite level goalie, but he does have a pretty good sense of humor.

And really, isn't that what you really want from a goalie?

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Luongo has been elite for the vast majority of his career.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Ok, yeah I didn't want to make any broad statements because I thought he had a couple down years but nope.

Elite goalie his entire career.

His down year would be Quick's second best season by 10 miles.

• Options
    Remember when the Canucks turned two elite goalies in to nothing?

Good times.

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    I didn't know it was your job to pump his tires.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Excuse me. Tyres.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Lelongo hasn't ever done anything to you. He's a good Canadian boy!

• Options
    Are you under the impression that we spell tire with a y in Canada?

As far as I know that's a British and Australian thing.

• Options
    I figured there was some sort of rule...you know, for subjects like yourself. Some sort of Ministry of Spelling.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    Are you under the impression that we spell tire with a y in Canada?

As far as I know that's a British and Australian thing.

What did you expect from a country that takes all the perfectly good u's out of their words for no good reason?

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    Remember when the Canucks turned two elite goalies in to nothing?

Good times.

it's a cool story and all, but bo horvat's not going to wind up his career as 'nothing.'

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I mean, Horvat is OK, but still that's not a lot to get for 2 guys considered elite at the time they were traded. (I haven't kept up with Schneider since he doesn't have a sterling Twitter persona)

Luongo gets fairly/unfairly chided for some of his epic playoff fuckups, but he is definitely in the elite category.

• Options
    Schneider has been top 3-5 goalie every year.

If he was anywhere else than NJ people would talk about him with more reverence.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    Luongo gets fairly/unfairly chided for some of his epic playoff fuckups, but he is definitely in the elite category.

Loungo worst post season preformance .891

MAF worst post season preformance .891 in 2009-10

Wait, no .883 in 12-13

Sorry, .880 06-07

one more try, .875 in 15-16

(.834 in 2011-2012)

And loungo's regular seasons are better, too. But...

NHL 17 wrote:
    8. Marc-Andre Fleury – 90 overall

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    HA!

What a joke, and I still love that goofball (MAF), but in no way does he deserve to be higher than an 83 or so.

In other joke news, the Vegas franchise trademarked another name to go along with Knights and Desert Knights ... Sand Knights.

Booooooooooooooo

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Loungo had two bad playoff seasons, buut one was only 2 games

Loungo had 3 ~ average playoff seasons

And 2 great playoff seasons, although one was for flordia, not vancouver.

Vancouver was always crazy, basically

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    And yet, one of these guys has two cups...

(NHL17 rankings are garbage)

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It's the schedule out for next season?

I want to look into going when the Rangers come to Minnesota to play the Wild

• Options
    edited August 2016
    A month or two ago, yeah.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-2016-2017-season-schedule-announced/c-281003352

Edit: I guess that doesn't actually show the schedule? I swear hockey twitter was talking about it, though.

Here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/cms-nhl-app-content-prod/nhlNetwork/NHL+2016-2017+Schedule.pdf

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I found it. They play in March in a Saturday which is right after my middle son's birthday and he loves hockey.

I know what we're doing

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Things I learned about Luongo today:

Active NHL leader is basically everything (Games, Wins, Losses, Shots Against, Saves, Shutouts)
    5th among active goalies in sv% (7th all time in sv%!)
    11th all time shutouts
    3rd all time in shots against (!)
    1st in active goals saved above average, 3rd all time. This is basically a function of sav% and shots against. If you replaced him in every year with a goalie getting the league average sv% for that season and then multiplied that by how many shots he faced that year, he would do better for your team than everyone except Roy and Hasek.

Dude is a beast. At 36 years old.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    That last one is an interesting, and pretty amazing, stat.

• Options
    NXQZOY8l.jpg

Ready for the regular season now.

• Options
    nhl17 day. The immediate EA forum reactions seem to be less negative than usual. I'm encouraged.

• Options
    Oh yeah, I toured around Rogers place on Sunday.

It's pretty amazing. Bland as all hell without any decorations on any of the walls but those are finishing touches.

I've got club seats to the Oilkings home opener too so I'll see the first hockey ever played in the new arena.

• Options
    LTM wrote: »
    nhl17 day. The immediate EA forum reactions seem to be less negative than usual. I'm encouraged.

And that's shocking.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I got it! Just started it. Haven't had an NHL game since 13 so I'm not sure how to compare it to the latest games.

Sure looks good on the PS4 though.

• Options
    I'm sticking with 16 this year since I bought it digital.

• Options
    Schide wrote: »
    I got it! Just started it. Haven't had an NHL game since 13 so I'm not sure how to compare it to the latest games.

Sure looks good on the PS4 though.

15 and 16 were a pretty big disappointment for most, so you didn't miss much.

I've only played about 5 franchise mode games of 17, but so far it seems to be a lot nicer gameplay than any of the recent ones. Relocation is silly, but fun. Owner mode is pretty thin, so far, but gives me something to do other than sim to next game.

I don't know if I missed a setting, but trading is a lot easier than it used to be. I managed to trade for Tkachuk, M. Subban, E. Bear, and Barzal (since I moved the Yotes to Seattle and am a homer) with nary a peep from the opposing GM. That likely wouldn't have happened in previous years, since prospects were always overvalued.

Tried playing goalie BAP, and it is better, but still not where it used to be.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    I was reading about that relocation feature the other day. I'd love to relocate a team to Saskatoon and rename them the Roughriders.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I don't know if Saskatoon is one of the cities, but you have to pick from a predefined list during relocation.

They did bring back Create a Team, so you could also just sub in a created team for the team you wanted to relocate. That's how it used to be done before this year. Then you can use any city that you can use during player/team customization. I would imagine the only difference being you don't get some of the situational choices during the year that you would with "relocation."

I wish they would have brought some of the HUT chemistry things to franchise mode. I like the idea of having line combinations mean something.

LTM on
  • Options
    As long as I can move whatever team they make in Las Vegas to Kansas City, where they belong, and name them the Scouts.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Team USA getting run out of the building by team Europe.

Good for torts. And quick being the starter. And buff being scratched. And Kessel and Johnson and Faulk and... not even being invited to this tire fire.

Good work hockey usa.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    As a Canadian and a Torts hater I'm having a good night, I must say.

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    I didn't actually watch the game, but it sounds like it was standard Torts hockey in all its glory.

• Options
  • Options
    Good, I'm glad that Torts looked like a moron. How he's still employed in the league is absolutely beyond me.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure how Torts is still employable after trying to assault Bob Hartley mid-game.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    edited September 2016

I don't know what Phil! drank from the Cup but damnnnnnnnnnn

Bear is Driving on