As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NHL]: Can Seattle Take the Vegas Front Office in the Expansion Draft?

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    got tickets to tonights stanley cup game woo yeah

ive been to conference finals but not the cup yet

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I've only been to one final game and it was game 2 in 2008 and it was super fun until it became very obvious Pittsburgh was going to get crushed and then they did and I was sad in real time.

Fun excerpts from the box score:
    Penalties: Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit (Roughing) 3:42
    Penalties: Petr Sykora, Pittsburgh (Goaltender interference) 18:52; Johan Franzen, Detroit (Roughing) 18:52; Andreas Lilja, Detroit (Roughing) 18:52; Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh (Roughing) 18:52; Gary Roberts, Pittsburgh (Roughing) 18:52; Gary Roberts, Pittsburgh (10 Minute Misconduct) 18:52

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    amkfbai5g3gd.jpg

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Rooting for the Bolts!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Brogey wrote: »
    Rooting for the Bolts!

As all good people should be

• Options
    yuk. the lightnings strategy of obtain a 1 goal lead early and then figure skate for the remaining time is difficult to witness

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    yuk. the lightnings strategy of obtain a 1 goal lead early and then figure skate for the remaining time is difficult to witness

On the other hand: fuck Chicago

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    anyways I'm not a big blackhawks fan but I definitely hate the red wings, and the blackhawks' success probably annoys the shit out of the red wings, so I'm on board

• Options
  • Options
    Maybe they're making Bishop unclog the toilet from the first time he left to use it.

• Options

Please tell me you went again tonight. That was a hell of a game.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Let's all take a moment to remember that the Rangers had to choose between stone feet girardi and one of the best Dmen in the league stralman and chose girardi.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    Let's all take a moment to remember that the Rangers had to choose between stone feet girardi and one of the best Dmen in the league stralman and chose girardi.

Let's also take a moment to remember which team drafted Stralman and let him get away for practically nothing after never using him as more than a seventh D-man. Hint: their #1 defenceman is most often compared to a pylon and they've made the playoffs once in the last decade.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Please tell me you went again tonight. That was a hell of a game.

unfortunately I didn't because tickets are really expensive, i just chose the wrong one QQ

top section top row is basically 600 a pop.

If they scan sweep up in Chicago I might go for Game 5 but that's a big maybe.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    KPCKPC Registered User regular
    The Bolts better finish this up quick. Bishop is deteriorating quickly and they're just one awkward save or a goalie run from him being too injured to play. They need to take advantage of Oduya being banged up or out.

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    So, if the vote in Glendale goes down as expected....

Would wearing my old-school Coyotes sweater to PAX Prime be considered trolling, or a kind of hopeful solidarity?

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    It would be a curiosity at best. I've received better reactions (or you know actual reactions) when I wear my Oilers jersey at East.

We'd all know what you meant though :)

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Nothing is going to happen in the immediate future. The yotes might have to play a year in their old arena.

No city is ready like Winnipeg was.

The whole Glendale situation has always been disgusting.

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Not saying they're ready now, but Kansas City built the Sprint Center with the idea of getting an NHL team again. If the battle with Glendale lasts any length of time, they might be able to get "ready."

/go Scouts

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I believe the arena in KC is owned by AEG, who owns the LA Kings. Might be a little conflict of interest in there. Of course, AEG has twice put the Kings up for sale (that I know of) (and not found a buyer either time), and it is certainly possible to find ways around those possible conflicts. Just more potential headaches in the event of anyone moving there.

Obligatory: Seattle is getting closer and closer to maybe having a vote to see if they could/would want to build an arena.

• Options
    AEG runs the arena, the city owns it.

• Options
    Knowledge: acquired.

Sentences: broken.
    Reason: none good.

• Options
    Ideally I'd like to see the Coyotes move to Seattle, Florida to Quebec. I don't care how much the few diehard fans in Arizona protest, the franchise will always be a clusterfuck as long as it's there. Unless the Panthers start marketing themselves as a college football team they will never draw. Suck it up and admit that certain markets don't work. You would think the other owners would jump at the chance to move a team that they're subsidizing to an insane degree to profitable markets.

If the NHL really decides that the already weak overall skill level needs to be diluted more, expand to Ontario and Las Vegas.

We know Washington already supports a ton of minor league hockey teams so fan support shouldn't be difficult. I'm not familiar, but are they already building an arena? I know they want the NBA back as well. Quebec is just a matter of time. The arena is being built.

Las Vegas just needs an arena regardless of sports team. If they can get a permanent residence from a sports team then all the better. Just don't build a 21000 seat monstrosity.

• Options
    the lightning had so many great scoring chances in the last 10 minutes last night and missed them all

still feels like they are largely in control of the games but just cant make the puck find the net

• Options
    I think it's hilarious that not even the city itself wants the Coyotes to stay. Does anyone but Gary want there to be a team in Arizona?

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Well, good job Chicago.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    the city just blew up

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Options
    the blackhawks are pretty good

also

• Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    I think that Arizona needs to get out of there. Either fold the team or do a emergency relocation, maybe to Atlanta for one year, because they have a rink ready to go (just need some fans). Then try and rush Vegas or Quebec for next year. I don't see a problem if they relocate to a smaller building, as long as they have a rabid fan base (I.e. Winnipeg). MTS Centre is sold out every night, no issues.

Florida I would hold off on for 3 years at maximum, for two reasons. One, your crunched by the Arizona situation, so now you are looking for TWO new markets to shove teams into. Second, the team is on an upward trend lately. They need to start winning games and making the playoffs, because, no one wants to support a loser team. Get on a couple of hot streaks, get past the first round of the playoffs, and I think you will start drawing people to your building.

Also. BOOOOOO Chicago

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    dynasty~

• Options
    Probably as close as a team in the salary cap era can get to a Dynasty.

• Options
    I mean, jesus, they took it to overtime in game seven of the conference finals last year, too

like...how

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    I think we see teams in at least two of these places by 2018: Seattle, Vegas, KC and Quebec City.

Bold prediction: all 4 by 2020, with 2 being expansion

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    An issue I keep seeing not being addressed is conference inequality.
    There are currently 2 more teams in the East than in the West. That means the West needs two more teams just to balance conferences, or for the East to lose one and the West to gain one (which means realignment again, and I really don't think that is going to happen just yet).

So while QC could certainly support a team, and I believe deserves one, I don't think they'll be getting one for quite some time. My guess is KC (since the arena is ready) and Seattle (since I live there and want there to be a big league team)

• Options
    Vegas is getting a team. They've all but said it.

• Options
    411Randle wrote: »
    Vegas is getting a team. They've all but said it.

I was about to post that Vegas already had a hockey, The Wranglers, and then I found out they folded this year and now I'm sad.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Well looks like the Oilers are finally properly cleaning house upstairs. We've already replaced leadership, and now that new leadership has relieved six members of the scouting department of their duties.

So we have that most dangerous of things...hope.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Firing morey gare was much more important that stu but both had to go.