As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NHL]: Can Seattle Take the Vegas Front Office in the Expansion Draft?

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular

Buffalo on pace for a -175 goal differential. They are unreal bad.

Chicago doing what Chicago do. Minny giving up absolutely nothing a game.

LA has been uncharacteristically poor all year. Someone brought up that their forward deployment makes little sense this year. They are also in tough with Voynov inactive and no cap space to call anyone up.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'm having a little trouble parsing that chart. Presumably you want to be far over on the right and low?

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Lower you are the less shots you are giving up in close score play, the further right you are the more shots you are creating at close score play.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    didn't the buffalo general manager basically state that the organisational policy was to tank for mcdavid though? like, no attempt at subterfuge, but "these rules that alter the seedings for bottom three teams is really unfair for us" even before the season had begun

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    How long does it take for that sort of thing to show a semblance of stabilization? 13 games is still an awfully small sample size.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    13 games is like 1/6th of the season. It may not a foregone conclusion of how things work out, but it seems statistically significant.

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Leafs suck, seems accurate to me.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Leafs suck, but not enough to actually draft higher than ninth, seems accurate to me.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Holy

shit

that

game

Of course it ended with Kessler missing.

And jesus, way to get the first win, Lack.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    i'll admit it. i still like ryan kesler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0HqEoFAno4

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    The Pens/Rangers game has been one of the best regular season games I've ever seen.

And it has possibly the craziest ending to a game I've ever seen.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    note that I posted that before the ending.

At least the real ending.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    I turned the game off after Boyle's "goal." Only found out now after checking the league scores. I'm both happy the Pens won and pissed that I missed the confusion.

• Options
    You're pissed because you missed it on tv? Try missing it when you're in the building but leaving before there was any indication that the goal was even under review.

Also what's the consensus on the Malkin hit? Looked fine but it's not like I could see it that well. Just seemed like he turned around and checked with her back for...some reason.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I somehow got roped into a live fantasy hockey draft tomorrow and I don't know a damned thing about fantasy hockey

and yes I know the season's a month and a half old

• Options
    Schide wrote: »
    You're pissed because you missed it on tv? Try missing it when you're in the building but leaving before there was any indication that the goal was even under review.

Teehee

I think the Malkin hit was fine and his penalty after was bullshit but I'm biased.

• Options
    PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular

Also what's the consensus on the Malkin hit? Looked fine but it's not like I could see it that well. Just seemed like he turned around and checked with her back for...some reason.

I'm in the same boat, I was halfway down the damn escalator when everyone started cheering and then I was quickly shuttled out of the arena by confised security as everyone was trying to bum rush to get back in.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options

I'm in the same boat, I was halfway down the damn escalator when everyone started cheering and then I was quickly shuttled out of the arena by confised security as everyone was trying to bum rush to get back in.

Shit, you were there too? We should have met up.

• Options
    Haha I got tickets super late but I'll post next time I'm gonna head there.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The tears of Leafs fans are so delicious - all the more so because they never seem to anticipate the inevitable mid-November betrayal.

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    Jesus christ, what is it with the Penguins and life-threatening illnesses lately?

This is a team that I have the rare emotion of actually straight up caring about the guys. So it's rough that right after Määttä returned after getting the cancerous tumour in this thyroid removed, it turns out Dupuis has a blot clot in his lung. I hope he'll be all right.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    I blame Sean Avery.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    WuShock wrote: »
    I blame Sean Avery.

Canada's version of Blame Canada.

• Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    The Consol Energy Center is actually built shockingly closely to an Indian graveyard.

Not even kidding, it's like six blocks away.

• Options
    Does anyone have an opinion on whether NHL 15 for the 360 is worth getting for $30 if I haven't owned an NHL game since NHL 12?

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Get NHL 14 instead if you can find it. NHL 15 is pretty gutted in comparison.

• Options
    It was very considerate of Beau Bennett to probably have mumps now while he's still injured instead of getting it after playing one or two games (at which time he'll be injured regardless so whatever).

• Options
    How this thread isn't named "NHL: Mumps quarantine, proceed with caution" is beyond me.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    So shall be done.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
  • Options
    Fleury is playing incredibly well.

He's always been one of the most athletic goalies, capable of spectacular saves, but in doing so he'd often leave himself out of position for second chances and he gave up a lot of rebounds. But this season he's displayed a huge improvement in his control. He's making saves look easy, with only tiny adjustments instead of sprawling all over that allow him to be prepared for redirects and second chances, plus he's gotten a lot better at rebound control.

.. I mention this because so far in this game against the Panther's he's let in one goal on about 45 shots.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    2-0 Vancouver....

...Both teams scored a goal

• Options
    So DeBoer's out, Lou, Stevens, and Oates are in(all at once) and half the Devils have the mumps.

I want to get off Mr. Lamoriello's wild ride now, guys.

• Options
    Sneaky Russians.

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    Are you talking about the Canada-Russia game at the World Juniors?
    I'm very afraid that Canada is going to blow this.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    They seem very intent on doing just that sometimes.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    That got too interesting.

tumblr_na4weenz0C1smcbm7o1_500.gif

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    That was a good hockey game from both sides.
    There is a sad Russian slumped over on top on an overturned goal and a man in a suit is telling him that he has to get off. He doesn't seem to be listening.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    That was intense. And scary. Definitely scary. Oh man, my heart.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I forgot it was on, and just caught about the last minute and a half.
    That was exciting!