As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Korra] BOOK 3 BEGINS! (NSF-Spoilerbenders) Also, there's a game now.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I would be shocked if Bolin didn't at least make an attempt at Bolin/Eska. And when that failed, making an attempt at Bolin/Desna.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Korra with her hair down.

tumblr_mps0tiXYxt1rhty4ro1_500.jpg

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    The Futurama dvd commentaries do a lot to explain the animation/voice acting process. They are a great listen to if you have the time.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    GRMike wrote: »
    The Futurama dvd commentaries do a lot to explain the animation/voice acting process. They are a great listen to if you have the time.

Simpsons too.

FOr the Simpsons they devote each clip show to describing a portion of the production process in detail.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    tumblr_mpuelcoq9X1rptk5lo1_500.jpg

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Is that official art

I NEED THIS SHOW BACK YOU GUYS

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    That's the Comic-Con poster

Bryan colored it

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    That's spectacular.

The only thing that's missing is a premiere date.

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    "never"

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    never is not an option

have been wondering for a while now what the heck is going on

• Options
    I'm sure that this show takes a long time to make, so I'm not surprised that we're still waiting.

I'd wager that the new book will air in 2014, when the first book did, from April to June.

They've said that they're working on books 2 and 3 at the same time. Hopefully, we won't have to wait as long for the following books.

• Options
    SingleCellSingleCell San DiegoRegistered User regular
    My understanding is they didn't expect to get a Book 2. So it's no surprise it's taking so long, but I want more Avatar now! :(

3DS FC: 1091 8702 0118
    Shuppet / Pumpkaboo / Drifblim,
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    SingleCell wrote: »
    My understanding is they didn't expect to get a Book 2. So it's no surprise it's taking so long, but I want more Avatar now! :(
    They are apparently working on B3 and B4 at the same time as B2, so the whole process is even longer.

sig.gif
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Did Last Airbender get released on blu-ray? I'm trying to find it but I'm not seeing any of the seasons.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Did Last Airbender get released on blu-ray? I'm trying to find it but I'm not seeing any of the seasons.

doubtful that it did

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    It did not.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    It did not.
    part of nickelodeon's "we dont even want your money" policy

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    They'd have to reshoot the animation cels to do a bluray release, it's not super easy.
    Maybe they could just have one bluray disc with all three seasons on it in SD?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    That was actually kind of my next question, did they release a set with all three seasons for Last Airbender?

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Nope.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Its like Nickelodeon hates the fans.

Stragint on

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    It's so weird that air bender apparently did well enough to justify a movie but not well enough to justify good DVD releases

Although I don't know how movie production works maybe nick didn't assume a lot of financial burden on it

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    True fact people

If you have a blu-ray player you owe it to yourself to get these discs

It is staggering how pretty this show is

but it's not out in euroland and it looks like it's region coded :(

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Were the DVD sets bad?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    It's so weird that air bender apparently did well enough to justify a movie but not well enough to justify good DVD releases

Although I don't know how movie production works maybe nick didn't assume a lot of financial burden on it

M knight bought the movie rights and secured funding. Nickelodeon didnt do a thing

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

The odd thing was that S1 got a special edition release (the DVD case looked like a book), but S2 and S3 didn't. I think Nickelodeon just doesn't know what to do with Avatar. You'd think they would, but alas....
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Were the DVD sets bad?
    Not at all; they just weren't HD/Blu-Ray.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    I think the special edition of the first season came out right before the movie, so it may have just been marketing.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    The first series wasn't created in HD, so the DVD sets are fine.

The box sets of each Book are definitely worth owning.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    The first series wasn't created in HD, so the DVD sets are fine.

The box sets of each Book are definitely worth owning.

Wouldn't that only be the case if the original frames were drawn digitally at an sd resolution

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I'm sure the series itself only exists in SD

They'd probably either have to do a frame-by-frame touchup to release it in HD, or actually rescan the cels at a higher resolution

Unless they did all that work in HD originally and just scaled it down and then threw away the original files, but who would do that right

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    At least each complete season of Last Airbender on Amazon is $13 before taxes. Not too bad.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The "special edition" season one of TLA was literally just the regular season one box set inside another box with an extra bonus disc in a separate sleeve.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular

I don't know why were Nick executives all.

"You know I doubt a sequel to one of our most wildly successful animated series will catch on that much. Better not risk it."

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »

I don't know why were Nick executives all.

"You know I doubt a sequel to one of our most wildly successful animated series will catch on that much. Better not risk it."
    Probably had to do with the movie.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I heard at some point from a friend that the creators didn't want to keep going with the series. I have no sources or anything so it is a rumor.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    The soundtrack is really good.

The order seems a little odd, so I might play around with it on subsequent listens.

We finally Avatar music!

Ragtime is going to make a triumphant return!

Man of the Waves on
  • Options
    your avatar goes with that post so well

• Options
    It has been a very biographical avatar lately.

The Legend of Korra is the third soundtrack I've purchased in a week. Pacific Rim and Remember Me being the others two.

All three are amazing.

• Options
    pacific rim has the same problem, the tracks are all out of order

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    The soundtrack is really good.

The order seems a little odd, so I might play around with it on subsequent listens.

We finally Avatar music!

Ragtime is going to make a triumphant return!

Ragtime?

Shameless music that'll drag your son, your daughter into the arms of a jungle animal instinct massteria.

It's trouble.

This discussion has been closed.