As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Korra] BOOK 3 BEGINS! (NSF-Spoilerbenders) Also, there's a game now.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Brolo wrote: »
    I kind of wonder if this season will actually wrap up its plot points by episode 13, or if that will just get us to a cliffhanger until season 4.

What plot points are left to wrap up?
    Tenzin's got his airbenders and they've come together as a team to save Jinora and the sky bison, proving that they Air Nation has a chance to come back to what it once was.
    The captured airbenders that the Earth kingdom was holding captive have been freed, but Korra can't really act against the Earth Kingdom without risking another war.
    Kai seems to have found a stable home with the Air Nomads
    Opal's heading to the air temple for training with her mother's blessing.
    The Bei Fong sisters are on speaking terms again.

The only threads really left seem to be: What does Team AntiAvatar want with Korra? How are they going to be beaten?
    I suppose lie detector guy might be an open plot point, but I'm betting they'll catch up to him early in the next Korra focused episode and it'll turn out Team AntiAvatar was threatening his family in another town or had something on him. Possibly something with Bolin learning metal bending, or lava bending, or both and he can hurl redhot sheets of steal at people (though that seems unlikely).

The show seems to be pretty good about wrapping up it's plot points fairly quickly, though I do prefer the way TLA was able to carry some plot points over 3 seasons to the way Korra tries to wrap them up in one season. That's what happens when the creators don't know how much show they're actually going to be able to create though.

On another topic altogether, when Zaheer showed up at the air temple to meet the other new Air Benders hoping that Korra would be there, was anyone else hoping he would whip out Aang's marble trick?
    "Then one day, when I woke up, I could do this..."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phgZLFQSvss

see317 on
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I'm hoping we get an episode or two on
    The backstories for the evil team avatar members, they seem like a pretty interesting bunch and I'd hate the explanation just to be; these guys are cool + evil.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Well based on the remaining episode titles, we haven't seen the last of the
    Earth Queen.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    see317 wrote: »
    I kind of wonder if this season will actually wrap up its plot points by episode 13, or if that will just get us to a cliffhanger until season 4.

Tenzin's got his airbenders and they've come together as a team to save Jinora and the sky bison, proving that they Air Nation has a chance to come back to what it once was.
    The captured airbenders that the Earth kingdom was holding captive have been freed, but Korra can't really act against the Earth Kingdom without risking another war.

The only threads really left seem to be: What does Team AntiAvatar want with Korra? How are they going to be beaten?
    I suppose lie detector guy might be an open plot point, but I'm betting they'll catch up to him early in the next Korra focused episode and it'll turn out Team AntiAvatar was threatening his family in another town or had something on him. Possibly something with Bolin learning metal bending, or lava bending, or both and he can hurl redhot sheets of steal at people (though that seems unlikely).

The show seems to be pretty good about wrapping up it's plot points fairly quickly, though I do prefer the way TLA was able to carry some plot points over 3 seasons to the way Korra tries to wrap them up in one season. That's what happens when the creators don't know how much show they're actually going to be able to create though.

when is Zutara going to happen

THEY'RE BOTH STILL ALIVE

WE CAN STILL MAKE THIS WORK

Brolo on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

THEY'RE BOTH STILL ALIVE

Oh god

are there people out there who are still writing letters trying to get this to happen

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I'm thinking that the Red Lotus is like HYDRA and there are sleeper agents all over

but I don't think Suyin is one of them, she just legitimately trusted Aiwei that much and was really broken up to find out he's a traitor

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Just watched ep 7. I was worried it was gonna be all about Tenzin, but thankfully it got better as it went along.

While I am enjoying Korra, I am sad that it doesn't really have the emotional depth that Last Airbender did.

I wish it had moments like this one.

This scene is so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWeV9BEJRwM

Can I just say that Original Full Metal Alchemist and TLA both do that setup beautifully.

Man

Nina.

Ffffffffuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkk!

Wait...didn't one of the guards have a mole under her eye?

Ross did, yes.

Envy failed to include that in his disguise, which is how Hughes caught it.

For all the good it did him.

No, there was a metal clan guard with mole under her eye, and I'm wildly seeing FMA stuff in Korra for no good reason, although she was hanging with a dude on duty, similar to how ross was always assigned with that one guy.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Red Lotus?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    Red Lotus?

That's apparently the name of Zaheer's group.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Makes it sound like they broke off from the White Lotus. They were in, but had, erm, philosophical differences? Could explain also why the order trapped them and had some animosity to them - they were considered traitors to the cause.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Gumpy wrote: »
    I really liked the effective metal guards in this episode. Makes the world feel a bit bigger and the heroes/villains a bit cooler when the grunts have some punch behind them.

Yeah it's nice when guards get to be actual guards, and not stormtroopers.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Mental note, trust no one in Canada.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Mental note, trust no one in Canada.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=leMm4F4NAJ0

Would Peter lie to us?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

THEY'RE BOTH STILL ALIVE

Oh god

are there people out there who are still writing letters trying to get this to happen

Letters? I think you mean fan fiction.

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    I really liked the effective metal guards in this episode. Makes the world feel a bit bigger and the heroes/villains a bit cooler when the grunts have some punch behind them.

I do not understand

What is wrong with being a stormtrooper

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

I do not understand

Their job is to MAYBE shoot you in the shoulder and more likely get taken out by characters with names to show how great said characters are, and how incompetent random guards are.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

I do not understand

Well, the rest of the guard hates you for getting all the good gear and being from another planet.

Also, you're still not as badass as the Catachans. Other than that, not too much.

So, finally caught up. Yeah. This season is aces so far. Bolin's still the best, Korra's learning, Mako's not being an ass, and the team is getting better at not being played by every villain with an agenda. Good times.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    instead of Bolin learning lavabending it'd be cool if Bolin and Mako teamed up to lavabend

then they could build on that into some cool metal/lightning combination

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular

I do not understand

Their job is to MAYBE shoot you in the shoulder and more likely get taken out by characters with names to show how great said characters are, and how incompetent random guards are.

But every time (apart from the Ewoks) that the Stormtroopers have shit aim, the empire is explicitly trying to keep the rebels alive (to carry homing beacons/convert to darkside delete as appropriate)

They're actually remarkably competent

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Except for that one guy on the detention level of the first Death Star. I'm sure we all know which one.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

THEY'RE BOTH STILL ALIVE

Oh god

don't look at me, all my letters are about Borra

• Options

THEY'RE BOTH STILL ALIVE

Oh god

Speaking of which, that scene of The Metal Clan where Korra....
    interrupting Bolin and Opal similar to how Bolin interrupted Korra and Mako

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

THEY'RE BOTH STILL ALIVE

Oh god

Speaking of which, that scene of The Metal Clan where Korra....
    interrupting Bolin and Opal similar to how Bolin interrupted Korra and Mako

So, we know who Geth ships now.

I'm guessing he wants more metalbending in the world?

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    One of my favorite parts of the fight was when
    Bolin threw up a rock wall to protect himself then did a spin move to pull Mako and himself behind a pillar. Reminds you that Bolin is actually really competent.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I would really like to see Bolin get a handle on metalbending or even lavabending this season. Dude deserves it.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    One thing I've really liked about Bolin this season is that
    all he's needed to act like a mature guy is a little bit of nudging from Opal when he's being stupid goofy rather than endearing goofy.

Which is great! Sometimes you just need someone like that to give you little nudges in order to make you realise you're doing a thing. It's a nice touch to their relationship thus far.

• Options
    My favorite moment of the fight was Lin snatching Korra and Su backing her up just in time.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Latest episode stuff
    Su helping save Korra is why I don't think she betrayed them. Otherwise why bother saving her!

Not that they have had the best track record with reasoning in seasons 1 and 2.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Yeah, if she was part of the conspiracy she could have just failed to stop Zaheer when the guy was about to snatch Korra back from Lin.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    or! when zaheer was flying up, they gave each other a nod, and zaheer let himself be hit. and now what's happening? Su helped korra leave the city without protection to go straight into zaheer's hands.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Well I'm with Korra in that I don't think she's safe anywhere.

Taking the fight to them is better than waiting for them to make the next move.

Plus, she's the avatar. She's not some diplomat that needs to be protected; she's a champion of the world and needs to be out there doing her job.

• Options
    More thoughts on cool details in the latest episode (and book 3, really).
    The brothers really are getting the love they deserve. Mako has dropped the attitude. Bolin is finally getting the start of a healthy, convincing relationship. Mako is using his wits and they're paying off. Bolin might learn Metalbending, and thus break his slight little-brother complex. They're getting to do some duo fighting, and not only does it look amazing but they're Getting Shit Done. You can really tell they're close brothers and that their pro-bending expertise really pays off when it comes to their teamwork.

Overall I'm just super stoked with the direction the two of them are getting to go. If only their character development was of this calibre in the first two seasons! I am a real fan of Bropal, though, so I am glad he's single for that to happen. Fingers crossed they don't botch it; I want to see things work out with a LoK relationship!

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Anzekay wrote: »
    The brothers really are getting the love they deserve. Mako has dropped the attitude. Bolin is finally getting the start of a healthy, convincing relationship. Mako is using his wits and they're paying off. Bolin might learn Metalbending, and thus break his slight little-brother complex. They're getting to do some duo fighting, and not only does it look amazing but they're Getting Shit Done. You can really tell they're close brothers and that their pro-bending expertise really pays off when it comes to their teamwork.

Overall I'm just super stoked with the direction the two of them are getting to go. If only their character development was of this calibre in the first two seasons! I am a real fan of Bropal, though, so I am glad he's single for that to happen. Fingers crossed they don't botch it; I want to see things work out with a LoK relationship!

The time apart worked for Sokka and Suki, so why not with Bolin and Opal?

She'll come back later, airbend up the side of a building, flip a few enemies around, save the day and then they'll all watch a play about everything they've done.

Man of the Waves on
  • Options
    Anzekay wrote: »

The time apart worked for Sokka and Suki, so why not with Bolin and Opal?

She'll come back later, airbend up the side of a building, flip a few enemies around, save the day and then they'll all watch a play about everything they've done.

Well obviously there's nothing wrong with them being apart for a while. I just hope they (the writers) don't botch the relationship like every other one in LoK so far seems to have been.

• Options
    Can we get some applause to the fact that Mako is no longer dating Korra or Asami and that stupid love triangle is no longer the B plot?

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Can we get some applause to the fact that Mako is no longer dating Korra or Asami and that stupid love triangle is no longer the B plot?

I actually wouldn't mind if it returned, as long as they were a little more subtle about it. I felt like in Season 1 they took what should have been a simple romance subplot for the story they're telling (essentially, Mako and Korra fall in love) and crammed in Asami love triangle for arbitrary conflict where it wasn't necessary (if they needed conflict, how about Mako not wanting to risk his relationship with his brother, or the possibility of a failed romance hurting the pro-bending team). With more breathing room and some more time to develop naturally (i.e. with 3 seasons) it would have been perfectly serviceable. Basically just do the Aang and Katara thing again, I guess? That seemed to work pretty well. Like, if they just dropped some hints in Season 4 that maybe Korra and Mako are still into each other, and in the last scene, Mako says something like "hey, do you wanna give it another try?" then that'd be fine.

• Options
    they could do it between seasons

like season 4 starts and Mako is dating Asami and no one really makes a big deal about it

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    then S4 can revolve around Korra falling in love with Tur Am the totally hot lightning bender

• Options
    I know it might have been covered before, but it hit me again and it's still amusing.

The next Avatar's only spiritual guide will be Korra.

No matter what the Earthbender in question is like, this will be amazing. Either they won't be spiritually inclined, and the result of their forced meditation will be a voice telling them they're pretty much doing it right already.

Or, worse. They are, and the wisdom of the ages is "Maybe stop being such a nerd and punch more things. Have you tried punching things yet? Oh! And all authority figures are either lying to you, going to stab you in the back, or both."

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    A dynamic of the next Avatar being a little more pacifistic and Korra just encouraging them to punch more things would be pretty alright.

Like Aang wishing he never asked Kyoshi anything only all the time.

This discussion has been closed.