As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[King of Dragon Pass] - Celtic Vikings Riding Triceratops

13»

• Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Yup, mine too, except for the drive letter obviously. It never leaves my native resolution, I just get a mostly black screen with the little KoDP running in the middle. No way to min, max, or medium -ize it.

Tried it on my wife's machine and it does the exact same thing :-/

Fleeb on
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Fleeb wrote: »
    Yup, mine too, except for the drive letter obviously. It never leaves my native resolution, I just get a mostly black screen with the little KoDP running in the middle. No way to min, max, or medium -ize it.

Look, the important thing is that the game runs. Everything else is ancillary.

• Options
    This is true.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

Maybe try updating your video drivers? I don't know, that's weird. It works for both my home gaming computer running Win 7 64 bit, and my work computer with onboard video and XP.

• Options
    Nah, drivers are all up to date. Does the same thing on my XP work pc. I'm thinking it's cuz I have the old cd version of the game. It is 1.7 though. Eh, whatever, no big deal.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Nah, drivers are all up to date. Does the same thing on my XP work pc. I'm thinking it's cuz I have the old cd version of the game. It is 1.7 though. Eh, whatever, no big deal.

Ah, yeah, that could be the reason. A perfect reason to get the GoG version. :D

• Options
    But I already own the game! It should just work dammit :-D

Also, literally 60% of my tribe is children. Dammitsomuch.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    But I already own the game! It should just work dammit :-D

Also, literally 60% of my tribe is children. Dammitsomuch.

We wish to welcome you to Munchkin Land!

• Options
    edited July 2013
    At least the bloody Munchkins worked! These little bastards just eat.

3ME7hRm.jpg

I mean really. I should be able to sell them into slavery or something.

Seems like every time the clan split due to overpopulation they left their kids behind!

"Ok Frida my darling, too many neighbors lets pack up the stead! Got the cows, good. Got the dogs, good. Kitchenware, yep. Little Olaf... nah he can fend for himself, someone'll feed him I'm sure. Hitch up the wagon let's go before he gets back!"

I have a 5 year old boy, so I can understand. But still...

And of course now that starvation is setting in it's the farmers who are dying, and not the kids. Omg.

Oh good, now the little buggers are dying off. Recruitin' vagabonds all up in here.

On another topic, I do wish there was a way to kill off a trade route. I'm feuding with one of my trading partners and I can find no way to move the trade route to a clan I'm friendlier with :-/

Fleeb on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Force them to flee!

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I did! I kicked their asses so thoroughly they ran to the other side of the map. And the trade route went with them :? I'm now engaged in a campaign to see if it's possible to completely wipe out another clan. So far they just keep hiring bandits and mercs and I keep slaughtering them. I've taken all their land and have been burning about 10 steads per attack. They haven't thrown in the towel yet and I've been doing this for at least 3 years.

Quintus.gif

People should know when they're conquered.

Fleeb on
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    So just to confirm, I mean hypothetically, if the sea season music had been looping in my head for the past week or so, that would be perfectly normal, right guys?

Doo dee doo dee doo, doo dee doooo doo dee doooo...

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    King of Dragon Pass does have very catchy music, yes. Though I tend to get Dark Season stuck in my head.

As for trade routes, you have an invisible maximum number of trade routes, which is enhanced by how much magic you put in Trade at Sacred Time and how big your temple to Issaries is. If you have more trade routes than your clan can support, the game will automatically eliminate one. Unfortunately, since the game doesn't let you pick which trade route to eliminate, but you can always hope it eliminates those routes to feuding clans first.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    you can always hope it eliminates those routes to feuding clans first.

Tried that too, several times. Every trade route drops off, except to the clan I'm feuding with :lol:

I've even tried being super nice to them, and giving gifts, and doing the heroquests that make the clans like you and resolve feuds... but my relation with them inevitably slides back down to hatred and feuding through no action of mine.

Makes me wonder if this is an issue fixed for the iOS version. Wish they'd make it for Android or PC, the bastards.

Fleeb on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    So yeah, bringing back the thread for some news I didn't notice last month.

15th April:
    King of Dragon Pass for Android Update
    When I woke up this morning, I noticed that there was starting to be talk about a port of King of Dragon Pass. Since I knew I wouldn’t be able to post in depth for another 11 hours or so, I posted a quick note. Unfortunately, this ended up not clarifying things, but instead propagated some misinformation.

It’s impossible to call things back on the Internet, but in an attempt to correct what I wrote incorrectly:

Yes, we have authorized HeroCraft to port King of Dragon Pass to a number of platforms. And while information on their web site mentioned PS Vita and Windows Phone, they have not really announced anything. I should have waited for them.

They do have an Android version of King of Dragon Pass. I have run an early build on a Kindle Fire HD 7 inch. And I now know that they plan to launch first on Android, and then consider other platforms.

But other than that, there is not much I can say. The game will be published by HeroCraft so pricing and availability is up to them. I’m sure they will let everyone know.

I can speak on a few questions:

What version will the Android port be?
    Given that A Sharp has not finished the 2.3 update, I would expect it to be based on 2.2.x. (I’d have to track down exactly which version I sent them.)

Will 2.3 come to Android?
    That would be great. It will be up to HeroCraft.

Didn’t you say Android was impossible?
    Originally yes, it was. The Android Market eventually changed.

Will it run on…?
    I have only seen it running on a Kindle Fire HD 7 inch. I know that HeroCraft is well aware that there are many other Android devices. We’ll have to wait for their release to know for sure.

Once again: an Android version of King of Dragon Pass 2.x is in the works. There may or may not be a Windows Phone or PS Vita version. My apologies to HeroCraft for posting this morning.

After a few years of denying that the filthy Android users might actually pay for the game, it's actually being ported. Now I only hope it'll run fine on my Android phone. If so, this'll be the only game I'll ever need for my phone.

Rhan9 on
  • Options
    Very cool.

• Options
    So yeah, in my gaming fury I forgot to actually mention it in this thread, but the Android version of King of Dragon Pass is now available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.herocraft.kodp&hl=en.
    Herocraft seems to have done a good job at porting the game, and the initial release issues have presumably been fixed in the quick patch released recently. I've yet to confirm this, since I haven't played it for a few days, but my experiences so far have been great on my tablet.

I don't expect the game to be ideal on a phone, unless you have a pretty big screen. Still, it's an updated version of KoDP, and portable. It's on the pricier end of Android games, but from what I've played, it's a quality product. Herocraft seems very responsive about reading feedback and fixing problems, so that's great.

• Options
    10 bucks isn't bad. Looks like it should work on my Galaxy s2. Very cool.

• Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Downloaded this yesterday and its working ok so far, no major issues although kind of fiddly; it would probably be a lot better on a tablet. The clan organization screen in particular is a nightmare with those tiny little check-boxes.

I've noticed that I can't manually adjust the number of crafters I have, but I start with all of the luxury resources by default instead of having to explore for them. Does anyone know if this is this a deliberate change? Because I did find that being able to just crank up your crafters to the most you could support and then buying your way to victory was a bit overpowered before, so it would make sense if it is.

I don't like that I can't have multiple saves, though. You can only have one game, and if you want to start a new one it overwrites your existing game, essentially forcing you to iron-man a game that is all about your dudes randomly dying for no reason.

*edit* Also I seem to have started with a stake perimeter rather than a ditch... which seems a rather pointless change to make.

*edit2* Also also, I've started with a temple to Orlanth and a shrine to Ernalda and three blessings to go with them; IIRC in the PC version you start with one shrine and blessing. And Eurmal the trickster god has the "lightning" blessing which just sounds like a mistake to me...

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    Downloaded this yesterday and its working ok so far, no major issues although kind of fiddly; it would probably be a lot better on a tablet. The clan organization screen in particular is a nightmare with those tiny little check-boxes.

I've noticed that I can't manually adjust the number of crafters I have, but I start with all of the luxury resources by default instead of having to explore for them. Does anyone know if this is this a deliberate change? Because I did find that being able to just crank up your crafters to the most you could support and then buying your way to victory was a bit overpowered before, so it would make sense if it is.

I don't like that I can't have multiple saves, though. You can only have one game, and if you want to start a new one it overwrites your existing game, essentially forcing you to iron-man a game that is all about your dudes randomly dying for no reason.

*edit* Also I seem to have started with a stake perimeter rather than a ditch... which seems a rather pointless change to make.

*edit2* Also also, I've started with a temple to Orlanth and a shrine to Ernalda and three blessings to go with them; IIRC in the PC version you start with one shrine and blessing. And Eurmal the trickster god has the "lightning" blessing which just sounds like a mistake to me...

The devs did mention that at least for the iOS version they took out a lot of the sliders when it comes to economic management and had the game automate/streamline those choices. The stake thing might also be another change.

Also, it is possible to have multiple shrines to begin the game, depending on the choices you made at the beginning (IIRC, what you did at the wedding, what great feat you took part of, and which god you awoken first can all grant a shine and/or blessing at start). Not sure about the Eurmal thing though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    King of Dragon Pass is now also up on Steam.

Apparently it's a port of the iOS version with the extra scenes and the slim-downed management. I haven't personally tried it myself yet, though.