As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Legend of Zelda] This thread lost all its hearts and had no fairy left - find the new one

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Honestly

Getting the Hylian Shield in Hero Mode is more about the combat challenge than it is about the collectible

I really, sincerely hope that the next 3D game takes a note from Skyward Sword and OoT3D and lets us refight the bosses as we please

Yeah, that was one of the best things added to OoT 3D.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Remember when you thought Mario & Sonic at the Olympics was the weirdest official cross over thing you had seen? It may have just been trumped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=F-qWNeF4pnc&app=desktop

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Still doesn't beat the Superman and Nestle Quik Bunny crossover.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I think we're going to have to get Sonic to cross over with Lucky the Leprechaun or the Honey Nut Cheerios Bee before...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDDP9OXF354

...huh, right.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/rumor-hyrule-warriors-to-be-released-fall-2014-zelda-u-spring-2015#.U24ItFczkm9
    It would seem the pre-E3 hype is striking again, as rumors are running rampant. Today, Gamnesia posted about a supposed leak for Sony's entire E3 Press Conference, and now we're adding to that tidbit today with a supposed leak for the Zelda series. We've had 3 different sources talk to us privately, with one of them reportedly a former staff member at Nintendo Treehouse.

There were several details that were disclosed in private to us, but the one all three sources agreed upon was the release date for Hyrule Warriors and Zelda U. Hyrule Warriors will reportedly be hitting in Fall of this year, while Zelda U is slated for Spring 2015. Given that Hyrule Warriors is hitting in August in Japan, a Fall date for the west doesn't seem too far fetched. We know Nintendo almost showed off Zelda U at last years E3, but it's pretty much hopeful wishing for it to land within this calendar year. One of the sources claimed it would hit before the end of this fiscal year, making a February or March release possible.

It should be noted that none of these sources have been verified by us, including the supposed former Nintendo Treehouse staff member. I've reached out to Nintendo for comment, and to specifically research the former staff member as that could at least clear up one of the sources. At the end of the day, these rumors could be true based on the given timelines, but I would take this with a grain of salt. Rumors run rampant this time of year and we get literally hundreds of emails with supposed claims. Even if true, the sources very well could be fake. This isn't a Remember Zordiana moment for us, just a passing along of information we feel could be true, but we sincerely doubt the validity of the sources.

So, what do you think? Are these dates possible? On a personal note, I sincerely doubt the sources validity (aka, likely fake), but I find the timetables to be realistic. We'll find out for sure on June 10th.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    The Wii U came out in 2012. We aren't getting Zelda 'till 2015? That's some seriously lackluster planning.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    The Wii U came out in 2012. We aren't getting Zelda 'till 2015? That's some seriously lackluster planning.

Have the Zelda games appealed to the mass audience? Those who own a WiiU already are the ones who would buy Zelda. Better for them to focus hard on Mario and Mario Kart.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    It also took the Wii quite a while to get its first exclusive Zelda game (Skyward Sword).

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    It also took the Wii quite a while to get its first exclusive Zelda game (Skyward Sword).

Yeah, the end of its life cycle. I guess when you put it like that, Zelda U is on a much better timetable.

• Options

51fzLgM2YlL.jpg

hyrule-warriors-wiiu-nintendoblast.png

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

Don't forget that the entire article is speculation. No one really knows Zelda U's time table. It could be the E3 Nintendo Direct Megaton:

"...and before we go, please watch this video."
    *Zelda sizzle reel plays*
    *In stores worldwide this Friday, June 13th!*

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Don't forget that the entire article is speculation. No one really knows Zelda U's time table. It could be the E3 Nintendo Direct Megaton:

BRB, submitting to Kotaku.

"A source within Nintendo has confirmed that a new Wii U Zelda will be available at retail on June 13, 2014."

• Options
    Aaaand Dover is out of a job again :P

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

BRB, submitting to Kotaku.

"A source within Nintendo has confirmed that a new Wii U Zelda will be available at retail on June 13, 2014."

Friday the 13th? Well, yes, I suppose the retailocalypse that would bring about would be fitting of the date.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular

Well remember Nintendo admitted that they were very under prepared for the amount of time and effort it takes to make AAA HD game.

I'm sure in the beginning they planned for Zelda U to be out sooner than 2015.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    There seems to have been a pattern established for the big Nintendo releases since the N64 wherein we see a new Super Mario game, a new Mario Kart, and then a new Zelda. The order in which those released for the GameCube is the only exception in that Zelda came out slightly before Mario Kart.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I guess that works if you ignore Twilight Princess.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Yeah, that one is tricky. Its undeniably the first Zelda game for the Wii but its not an exclusive release either and could be argued as being more of a GameCube game than a Wii one.

In any case, I was more or less just saying that there is a somewhat predictable ebb and flow to Nintendo releases, in the same way that you could reliably predict the order of the Worlds in Mario games for awhile (desert before water, water before ice, ice before fire, etc.).

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    I heard there's going to be a character called Zordiana.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Honestly with the way Nintendo's been working with the Directs nowadays my favorite moments are when Iwata goes "And it will be awailable in the eShop immediately follow this Nintendo Direct."

I'm hoping they drop a bomb of some kind during the E3 Direct. Other than announcing Shulk or Mach Rider as a Smash Bros character. I love riding the hype train.

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Honestly with the way Nintendo's been working with the Directs nowadays my favorite moments are when Iwata goes "And it will be awailable in the eShop immediately follow this Nintendo Direct."

I'm hoping they drop a bomb of some kind during the E3 Direct. Other than announcing Shulk or Mach Rider as a Smash Bros character. I love riding the hype train.

I could definitely see them doing something like that, but I doubt it'll be Zelda-related.

I'm kinda hoping for a Smash Bros demo, but I think even that is unlikely.

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »

I could definitely see them doing something like that, but I doubt it'll be Zelda-related.

I'm kinda hoping for a Smash Bros demo, but I think even that is unlikely.

I dunno, if it's a summer release for the 3DS, a demo release during E3 wouldn't be that far ahead of the game - it should be in final polish/production at this point.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    There'll be a demo.

On the show floor.

And select Best Buys.

...yaaaaaay.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Sooo, somebody in the Metroid thread posted a print they have, and that lead to me browsing an Etsy store, and that lead to me choosing my next birthday present.

il_570xN.547131552_8t7v.jpg

https://etsy.com/uk/listing/174773887/legend-of-zelda-the-three-goddesses-of?ref=shop_home_active_19

A thing of beauty. It's always nice to find ways to combine classy interior décor with geekiness.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    that is beautiful

• Options
    Updated the OP a bit. I guess once E3 rolls around, we're gonna need a new thread which will include any new infos revealed at E3 about Hyrule Warriors, Zelda Wii U and (I'm guessing) Majora's Mask 3D.

• Options
    It's been a long time (Feb. 12th?!), but here comes the latest episode of The Legend of Zelda: the Linda Chronicles part 6!

We start this episode with a journey. When we last left our Heroine, she had acquired the Magic Leaf item and entered the dungeon across from the Great Deku Tree Island. But what's this?! A flight to Texas to visit her Mom and Aunts? 4 hours on a plane? Lucky I have my 3DS! Time for a side quest!

I fired up the system and decided to take her to where it all began; The Legend of Zelda on the NES. As per usual, I decided not to tell her anything about the game or how to play so that I can not only gauge how she plays, but see the game through a non-Zelda player's eyes. This one was certainly fun.

Upon entering her name, Linkda, she immediately went to the left of the opening screen. Seeing monsters and hitting all the buttons to no effect, she ran back to the starting screen. The obvious cave entrance called to her and she acquired the Wooden Sword.

"But he said it was dangerous to go alone...so why doesn't he come with me?"

Next she started wandering the area fighting Octorocks from a distance with her ranged sword attack. She was quite surprised when she got hit and couldn't fire it anymore. :) I couldn't help myself and started dropping some slight pieces of advice such as:

"Remember, this is an old NES game and the translations were bad. The hints won't make a lot of sense."
    "Most of the map is open to you right from the get go so you can go anywhere you want. But the game won't hold your hand and tougher enemies will kill you quickly if you're not careful."
    "You're looking for 8 dungeons that are spread out in the world. There are some clues to find them, but it will mostly require wandering."

Eventually she found the first dungeon. She fought off Keese, Stalfos, Gels, and Ghomas all the while getting used to the knock-back mechanics. Death came for her though and our Heroine blinked out of existence. Not to be stopped, she restarted and battled forth to acquire the Map and Compass. A few deaths later, she had the Bow (no arrows!) and got the Boomerang, ie. the best sub-weapon in the game. With the ability to kill small enemies and stun larger ones, her confidence was soaring.

Death greeted her again against the boss, Aquamentus. After a while, she was able to keep her health full and picked him off from a distance by juking and dodging between his triple fireball attack. With a cry of victory, she gathered her Heart Container loot and grabbed, "The glowing Triangle" to complete the level.

A little more wandering before an eventual death to the massive amount of Blue Leevers in the desert brought an end to her first ever Zelda NES experience. 6 deaths in total isn't a bad amount for someone playing the game for the first time.

Will we continue this side quest or go back to Wind Waker? Find out next time!

Highlight moments:

-Pushing a block to unlock a door in a room for the first time. "*gasp!* The block moved!"
    -Running away from just about every new enemy she encountered.
    -Touching a statue only to have it come to life. "Ahh! What?!"
    -Finally, getting the Clock item and realizing she was invincible. "I'm like a glowing Santa Claus."

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    -Pushing a block to unlock a door in a room for the first time. "*gasp!* The block moved!"

Hahaha I miss my Zelda innocence

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Finally, getting the Clock item and realizing she was invincible. "I'm like a glowing Santa Claus."
    retro-christmas-santa-claus-macro-warm-and-glowing-shawn-obrien.jpg
    My power is absolute

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Voting the thread be renamed "A Groose Between Worlds."

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    I was gonna cycle through all the game names anyway. Patience, young grasshopper.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I'm going to start decorating my cubicle at work. So which Link figure should I bring?

10171155_10203874664252984_2552749813959306937_n.jpg

10376338_10203874665493015_1541105328910376480_n.jpg

10273433_10203874666133031_358808500509045251_n.jpg

1959440_10203874666813048_266808979001262106_n.jpg

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    E. All of the Above.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I think this is the Link figure you're missing: http://www.amazon.com/Good-Smile-The-Legend-Zelda/dp/B008AGAXV2

• Options
    Wind Waker bobblehead.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    That bobble head is rare though. Can you lock your office?

• Options
    Unfortunately, the desks are all open.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Oh. Well, if its rare leave it at home.

Go with the link/moblin pair.