As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Long Awaited Booby [Chat]

TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'llI think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
mLRavpP.png
SEH1fsD.png
VdiX9w5.png
xGUp4JA.png

Bless your heart.

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    YAY BOOBIES!

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    boob

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    booby pls

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I've got a Wall Ring equipped, it reflects the bird's star back to it.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    [/Ackbar]

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    fish in the sea -- u no how i feel

river running free -- u no how i feel

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    my carssssss

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Man. I go off to lunch and eat a delicious fucking ruben and you fill up [chat] and start a new one. [chat]'s always messin' with me.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    The Unicorn in the Garden
    by James Thurber

Once upon a sunny morning a man who sat in a breakfast nook looked up from his scrambled eggs to see a white unicorn with a golden horn quietly cropping the roses in the garden. The man went up to the bedroom where his wife was still asleep and woke her. "There's a unicorn in the garden," he said. "Eating roses." She opened one unfriendly eye and looked at him.

"The unicorn is a mythical beast," she said, and turned her back on him. The man walked slowly downstairs and out into the garden. The unicorn was still there; now he was browsing among the tulips. "Here, unicorn," said the man, and he pulled up a lily and gave it to him. The unicorn ate it gravely. With a high heart, because there was a unicorn in his garden, the man went upstairs and roused his wife again. "The unicorn," he said,"ate a lily." His wife sat up in bed and looked at him coldly. "You are a booby," she said, "and I am going to have you put in the booby-hatch."

The man, who had never liked the words "booby" and "booby-hatch," and who liked them even less on a shining morning when there was a unicorn in the garden, thought for a moment. "We'll see about that," he said. He walked over to the door. "He has a golden horn in the middle of his forehead," he told her. Then he went back to the garden to watch the unicorn; but the unicorn had gone away. The man sat down among the roses and went to sleep.

As soon as the husband had gone out of the house, the wife got up and dressed as fast as she could. She was very excited and there was a gloat in her eye. She telephoned the police and she telephoned a psychiatrist; she told them to hurry to her house and bring a strait-jacket. When the police and the psychiatrist arrived they sat down in chairs and looked at her, with great interest.

"My husband," she said, "saw a unicorn this morning." The police looked at the psychiatrist and the psychiatrist looked at the police. "He told me it ate a lilly," she said. The psychiatrist looked at the police and the police looked at the psychiatrist. "He told me it had a golden horn in the middle of its forehead," she said. At a solemn signal from the psychiatrist, the police leaped from their chairs and seized the wife. They had a hard time subduing her, for she put up a terrific struggle, but they finally subdued her. Just as they got her into the strait-jacket, the husband came back into the house.

"Did you tell your wife you saw a unicorn?" asked the police. "Of course not," said the husband. "The unicorn is a mythical beast." "That's all I wanted to know," said the psychiatrist. "Take her away. I'm sorry, sir, but your wife is as crazy as a jaybird."

So they took her away, cursing and screaming, and shut her up in an institution. The husband lived happily ever after.

Moral: Don't count your boobies until they are hatched.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    ugh i went out to lunch and two teenagers stared at me eating and made whale noises and mooed at me and now i feel like crap

• Options
    edited July 2013
    The blue color of the webbed feet in Blue-footed Boobies comes from carotenoid pigments obtained from the diet. The pigments are antioxidants and stimulants for the immune system, so there is a trade-off between immune function and signaling, since any incorporation of the pigments into the feet is a direct detraction from those that could be used for immunity and detoxification. The blue feet are sexual signals that reliably indicate the condition of the male boobies, and coloration is favored through sexual selection. The brightness of the feet decreases with age, so females tend to choose males with brighter feet (younger males). Females prefer younger males because they have higher fertility and increased ability to provide paternal care than older males. In a cross-fostering experiment, it was shown that foot color really does reflect paternal contribution to raising chicks, because chicks raised by foster fathers with brighter feet grew faster than chicks raised by foster males with duller feet. Blue feet also indicate the current condition of males. Those that were experimentally food-deprived for forty-eight hours experienced a decrease in foot brightness. This is most likely because the deprivation of food reduces the amount of lipids and lipoproteins in the body which are used to absorb and transport carotenoids. Thus, the feet are rapid and honest indicators of a booby's current level of nourishment.

Researchers found that females continuously evaluate their partners' condition based on foot color. In an experiment, males whose partners had laid a first egg in the nest had their feet dulled by make-up. Consequently, the females laid smaller second eggs a few days later. Since duller feet usually indicate a decrease in health and possibly genetic quality, it is adaptive for females to decrease their investment in the second egg. The smaller second eggs contained not only less yolk concentration, which could in turn influence embryo development, hatching success, and subsequent chick growth and survival, but also contained less yolk androgens. Androgen plays an important role in chick survival, so this also shows that female Blue-footed Boobies use the attractiveness of their mates to determine how much resources they should allocate to their eggs. This possibly supports the "Differential Allocation Theory", which predicts that parents would invest more in the care of their offspring when paired with attractive mates.

Females are not the only ones assessing their partner's reproductive value. Males, too, evaluate females and adjust their own investment in the brood according to their mate's condition. Like males, females also have a trade-off between signaling ornamentations and fecundity, because paler females actually produce more eggs in a brood. Females that lay larger and brighter eggs are in better condition and have greater reproductive value. Therefore, males tend to display higher attentiveness and parental care to larger eggs, since those eggs were produced by a female with apparent good genetic quality. Smaller, duller eggs garnered less paternal care. Female foot color was also an indication of female condition. In an experiment where the color of the eggs was muted by researchers, it was found that males were willing to exercise similar care for both large eggs and small eggs if his mate had brightly colored feet, whereas males paired with dull-footed females only incubated larger eggs. Interestingly, researchers also found that males did not increase their care when females exhibited both bright feet and high-quality offspring.

Gim on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    my carssssss

Subaru needs to officially release the new WRX and STi so I can seeeee iiiiiiit!

The mule looks so plain! And the concept was so goddamn amazing! :(

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    ugh i went out to lunch and two teenagers stared at me eating and made whale noises and mooed at me and now i feel like crap

/murderallteens

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    I'm blue, abadibadeda

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    cars i have had
    peugeot_106_98_blue.jpg

Toyota-Aygo-Red-600.jpg

Toyota-Yaris-TR.jpg

annnd the current one

Ford-Fiesta_2553468b.jpg

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    My favorite part about the OP is that I made those pictures imagining that being in the eyes of Vanguard.
    Because his life in Comic Sans MS is truly the worst fate he could ever meet.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    BOYCOTT THIS PRETENDER'S CHAT.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    i have never had no car

send car money pls

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    I don't know why anyone would ever want to own a Mustang, though, as they secrete an enzyme that turns anyone who drives one into a total douchebag.

:(

that hurts, bro

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I miss Keith Olbermann's Fridays with Thurber.

• Options
    looooooooove the fiesta

but i never get to drive it these days because my dad has taken it >:[

i have to drive this

6a00d83451b3c669e201630313f0b1970d-800wi

• Options
    i have never had no car

send car money pls

But if you've continuously been in ownership of a car as your double negative implies, why would I do that?

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    i have never had no car

send car money pls

You live in London. You don't need a car.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    what i want more than life itself is a good one of these

boxer-engines-for-subaru-legacy-sports-tourer-and-outback-estates_1_400x0.jpg

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Teenagers are assholes.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    My brother had the worst hand me down car. He got stuck with my mom's old Voyager. There is nothing like driving a 10 year old mini-van.

Hey, I drive a fourteen year old minivan.

Alt response: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/vauxhall/zafira/first-drives/vauxhall-zafira-vxr

• Options
    BobCesca wrote: »
    i have never had no car

send car money pls

I NEED HALP

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

what the hell is wrong with some people >:[

• Options
    Cars I have had!
    FL13_r191_01.jpg

i044007.jpg

1991_00004_01.jpg

2009-Subaru-Impreza-2.5-i-4dr-All-wheel-Drive-Hatchback-2.jpg

• Options
    Casual wrote: »

I have a 2009 Impreza.

It is awesome.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Cars I have had
    :(

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I can't drive. :(

Driver privilege. >: (

• Options
    Aww, @evilbob

One day you'll grow up big and strong and have a car, too!

You're an Aussie, right? Holden makes some cool stuff.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    BOYCOTT THIS PRETENDER'S CHAT.

#occupyD&D

• Options
    BobCesca wrote: »
    i have never had no car

send car money pls

I NEED HALP

You need Harry

harry-corry.png

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »

I have a 2009 Impreza.

It is awesome.

i like the imprezza in theory but i dont quite want to own one

too impractical and thirst

the legacy sport tourer is the right combo of looks, speed, economy and cargo space for me

SO MUCH WANT

• Options
    Say, whatever happened with the Occupy movement?

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Aww, evilbob

One day you'll grow up big and strong and have a car, too!

You're an Aussie, right? Holden makes some cool stuff.

They make it about an hour from my house.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

This discussion has been closed.