As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fighting Games] Discussion Round 3 - Fight!

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    has any of the other ono-figurine speculation actually played out

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Aaaaaaaaand Rising Thunder continues to affirm that yes, I am indeed fucking trash garbage at fighting game fundamentals without any meaningful sort of tutorial. Woo!

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yeah, Skullgirls still has the best fighting game tutorial.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Skullgirls has an awesome tutorial. I wish Capcom would come to the Skullgirls devs for SFV and just let them make the tutorials.

steam_sig.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Can't get my Hitbox to work with Windows 10 :( It's always been pretty finnicky on PC, the PS360+ board does some odd things on PC where it won't find the USB descriptor and such..but usually some fiddling will get it to work, but no dice on Windows 10. Going to try plugging it in the PS3 tonight and forcing it in to PS3 mode, and then plugging in to the PC, we'll see what happens.

So I pulled out my TE and start practicing stick again...if I thought my execution was bad on Hitbox, it's atrocious on stick. Le sigh.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP2DX0iyHIY

this series has been pretty helpful for my fundamentals

• XeinosXeinos Registered User regular
    Skullgirls has an awesome tutorial for games that aren't Skullgirls oddly enough

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    The one glaring ommission is a tutorial on crossups. Otherwise it's solid introduction to fundamentals disregarding the more esoteric, SG-specific stuff (absolute guard, green bursts, doublesnaps, etc.).

Zxerol on
  • XeinosXeinos Registered User regular
    Also doesn't really pay attention to resets, which are pretty key. I would argue that some of the esoteric stuff is pretty important in learning the game. But, yeah, as fighting games 101 it works well.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    where were you when Jam was confirmed for Xrd Revelator?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEuB02p3a5c

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    where were you when Jam was confirmed for Xrd Revelator?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEuB02p3a5c

Welp, looks like I'm getting Revelator. Leo's been my main for a while, but I always knew he would play second fiddle until Jam showed up to take center stage.

Just like BlazBlue's "expansion", this is going to be priced at nearly a full game, right? I'm expecting to pay about $50 (stupid CDN pricing) for this, and not like, $20 because it's a bit more than just a few new stages and characters.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what route GG is going.

BlazBlue went the exact same path their last two releases, so it'll probably be the same on their upcoming fourth game.

1st Arcade Release --> Console Release w/ more characters (and Story mode) + DLC characters + full rebalance patch partway through --> 2nd Arcade Release with all the console additions + even more characters --> Discounted 2nd Console release with all DLC included on disc + the new characters from the 2nd arcade release + more story mode content + further rebalancing.

Then they come out with a new game with updated game systems and a continuation to the story.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    While there are characters I prefer playing, Jam is pretty much the perfect addition to the roster-so-far.
    Rushdown incarnate.

CnwOXUK.jpg

Likely fake. But someone has to call Birdie "gutter trash". :P

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    CnwOXUK.jpg

Likely fake. But someone has to call Birdie "gutter trash". :P

Tweet doesn't exist in his timeline so probably fake.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I remember all the fake rumors that came up when SFIV was first announced.

Some of them pretty well made.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I wish GG would add the PS4 legacy controller driver :( Maybe they will with Revelator. I know Capcom has said they are strongly considering it for SV5. It really ought to just be a requirement at this point.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I remember all the fake rumors that came up when SFIV was first announced.

Some of them pretty well made.

I wish the Alex rumor was true :(

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    BTW, Beta for SFV is back online. Guess combofiend is giving gootecks and Mike a chance to record videos. :P

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Bunch of Rising Thunder alpha matches on my youtube.

Hit Diamond 5 last night

heres a highlight of me and renic (hes MrSetup)

https://youtu.be/HT5tIK06aH8?t=3m45s

J3qcnBP.png
  • Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I have a cool thing.

A few months back, I received a Blazblue: Chronophantasma Extend poster signed by Toshimichi Mori (the producer of the series). He also sketched a picture of Noel on it.

Here's a picture of it, only slightly ruined by the flash.

Unfortunately, I'm short on space in my apartment and I don't think I can keep it. It breaks my heart, but I'd like to send it to a good home.

IF you would like to be the new owner of this cool poster, please send me a PM confirming that you are a huge Blazblue nerd. I'll gladly cover the cost of shipping.

Rex Dart on
    edited August 2015

Lord. The complaints on the way. :/

At least Mika seems to have more personality than the DoA fighters.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular

At least they are stretching the old legs on the roster.

And was that a stone cold stunner as a vtrigger?!?! It was!!

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »

At least they are stretching the old legs on the roster.

And was that a stone cold stunner as a vtrigger?!?! It was!!

It looks like that's her ALPHA counter.

Her V-Trigger IS AN ASSIST.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    this all but confirms the leaks and we will be getting some more off the wall choices,,,,

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    Probably more reveals in the next two weeks for a TGS build.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    https://youtu.be/nbDSvRMc9rQ

Edit: Dang folks here are fast. Mad hype for Mika though, looks more grapple-based than Birdie.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Was hoping for R.Mika - hopefully she is playable at PAX. I suddenly care about SFV.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    If I remember right, her Tag Team partner just appeared in one piece of semi-obscure artwork years ago (her name was Yamato something I think), and now she's a core gameplay mechanic of R.Mika's.

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    SFV is gonna be real fun i think.

i fell off actually playing fighting games for some years now, but im fully on board with what ive been seeing from SFV so far.

Lars wrote: »
    If I remember right, her Tag Team partner just appeared in one piece of semi-obscure artwork years ago (her name was Yamato something I think), and now she's a core gameplay mechanic of R.Mika's.

From pics in GAF, she showed up in a magazine cover. Later she had a cameo on the comics.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

Is Mika voiced by the same woman that does Naruto's voice?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• BigJoeMBigJoeM Registered User regular
    Unless Capcom changed seiyuus since SFA3, yes.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Junko-Takeuchi/

If Alex, Karen and Urien make it in this will be the best initial roster of all time IMO.

Her theme is rockin'.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Pretty badass!

• Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »

From pics in GAF, she showed up in a magazine cover. Later she had a cameo on the comics.

I first recall Yamato Nadeshiko in a piece of official Capcom art from an OLD as in pre-1999 Art of Capcom book that my friend brought home from Hong Kong.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.