As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Method for creating a calendar

ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay, I'm trying to put together a calendar that tracks events in, like, 6 different places, can put them into a legible, color-coded 1-page format, and that I can do using Microsoft Office, Outlook, or a free program.

Thus far, I've just been using a table in Word and doing it by hand, but there has got to be a better way.

Thanatos on

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    When I say "1-page format," I mean fitting a month's worth of events on 1 page.

Thanatos on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Outlook doesn't do this for you? I thought you could do this in Outlook.

Otherwise Rainlendar is the best free calendar program I'm aware of (google it if need be), and of course google and Yahoo! have their own offerings as well, although I'm not entirely positive what their capabilities really are.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I know with Google Calendar you can create different "calendars" and set up a specific color for each calendar. Then when you create events for said calendars they'll show up on the calendar using their specified color...

See an example image here.

[edit] I'm also fairly sure you can print the monthly view of the calendar on a single page o paper.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Google Calendar is pretty much it.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter