As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is my console or game the problem?

Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
Technical know-nothing looking for opinions/theories:

My 360 (Arcade version, if that makes any difference) won't play Injustice anymore. I played it yesterday, after buying several of the DLC items for the game, with no problems except for the occasional split-second lag while I was playing, which I chalked up to it using the new characters/costumes. Everything shut down normally, but when I turned on the system with Injustice in it today, it won't progress past the title screen after it tells me to press start. I let it go into the demo it plays from that screen, and it got to the background of the main menu (the slideshow of characters) but didn't display the actual menu. The only other issues I've been having are with Tiger Woods '13, taking longer than normal to load and occasionally freezing/stopping at a black screen in-between holes, requiring me to shut it off and restart. Is my 360 slowly dying, or do I just need a new copy of Injustice? Any thoughts/insights are appreciated.

• Options
    PantshandshakePantshandshake Registered User regular
    Well, without you're bringing the copy of Injustice somewhere else and seeing if it works, my vote goes to console death. It sounds like you're right in the first stages, with the graphical glitches and random hard freezes.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Xbox is having ridiculous problems with their service right now. Almost nothing works at the moment, including Netflix and HBO GO. They're aware of the problem and are apparently working on a fix.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Lou29 wrote: »
    Technical know-nothing looking for opinions/theories:

My 360 (Arcade version, if that makes any difference) won't play Injustice anymore. I played it yesterday, after buying several of the DLC items for the game, with no problems except for the occasional split-second lag while I was playing, which I chalked up to it using the new characters/costumes. Everything shut down normally, but when I turned on the system with Injustice in it today, it won't progress past the title screen after it tells me to press start. I let it go into the demo it plays from that screen, and it got to the background of the main menu (the slideshow of characters) but didn't display the actual menu. The only other issues I've been having are with Tiger Woods '13, taking longer than normal to load and occasionally freezing/stopping at a black screen in-between holes, requiring me to shut it off and restart. Is my 360 slowly dying, or do I just need a new copy of Injustice? Any thoughts/insights are appreciated.

Try deleting any DLC and patches/updates to see if that will allow it to load. You should be able to redownload everything after that.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Having Injustice be so much worse than the problems you're having with other games suggests something wrong with the game - I agree with the above suggestion of deleting DLC. Worse to worse I might even try deleting your saves, or creating a new profile so you can play from a fresh start in case the save is corrupted.

Still, if you're having problems with another game as well there's a really good chance the 360 also has some problems of its own. They can limp along for years, though, so what little you're getting isn't really grounds to freak out unless you really, really love Tiger Woods '13. Mine's a launch system that's been showing occasional signs of impending failure since... uh... When did Lost Odyssey come out?

Hevach on
  • Options
    Thanks guys. It downloaded an update when I started it yesterday, I was considering starting with deleting that then moving on to the DLC. Good to know the system lasts awhile before it flatlines. I guess I'll be copying everything over to the bigger hard drive I just bought just in case.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Seriously, did my post just get ignored? This is a known issue with Xbox Live right now. If you just wait until they resolve it, you will be fine.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status/

polygon.com/2013/7/23/4550380/xbox-live-xbox-website-issues

• Options
  • Options
    Will Live being down affect the game just plain starting? I'll gladly try disconnecting from Live and starting it, I just didn't think that would affect me trying to do single player or S.T.A.R. labs missions.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    It has apparently affected all consoles who connected while they were in the process of updating the Live service. For instance, I can't open HBO GO without about 4 minutes of lag leading up to it, and then I get an error and get signed out of my profile.

Probably best to just wait until they fix the issue on their end. I can't do anything with my Xbox too, regardless of its connectivity.

EDIT: But yeah, there's a big XBOX LIVE SERVICE ALERT at the top of the xbox homepage now, and it's being reported on. It's a known issue, your console is just fine.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    And I disconnected my wireless adapter and single player worked fine, and now the in-game store is back up, apologies for doubting you, Josh.

• Options
    No apology necessary, just glad to be the bearer of good news. I was relieved to find out my console wasn't shitting a brick, personally, and wanted to share that relief before you sent it off for repairs or something. :)