As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In order to fight threads, we created threads of our own: [PACIFIC RIM]

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    it's probably a separate piece since it's sharing a base mold with knifehead
    change the back, change the head, you have a new kaiju
    dollars to donuts says that Scunner's in wave 4

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    So apparently my dad saw the movie on a very recent flight back from New Zealand, unfortunately he didn't like it as much as I'd hoped seeing as sci-fi isn't his thing, but it was worth it seeing him try and describe the movie to my mum

"So it's like big robots and then Hong Kong and there's these big biiiig monsters that come out of the water and they look like Predator like"
    *cue him putting both open hands, palms facing outwards, to his mouth and wiggling his fingers while snarling*

When my mum laughed he cluelessly just turned to me, still waving his fingers

"You know what I'm talking about, right? Right?"

Yes dad

Yes I do

Gatsby on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Is there any word on a sequel yet

Just.... anything at all?

I really want Awesome Dumb Giant Robot Movie: Now With More Than One Female Main Character

I want that sequel so bad

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    According to Wiki;
    In October 2013, del Toro spoke to IGN about the sequel and revealed that, "Travis Beacham and I are writing [the sequel]", despite the film not yet being greenlit.

Beacham has also said that he's looking into giving more backstory using graphic novels.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Del Toro has also mentioned wanting to include a fusion of kaiju and jaeger if a sequel gets greenlit

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Del Toro has also mentioned wanting to include a fusion of kaiju and jaeger if a sequel gets greenlit

Cyberju? wait that sounds completely wrong forget i said anything

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I tend to agree with @Antimatter speculation that
    the Builders will use salvaged pieces of Gipsy Danger to fuse with a kaiju

Which will just break my heart if Raleigh and Mako have to fight an abomination made from their old ride

• Options
    On the other hand a Rinzler-style scenario could be pretty cool

• Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Blu-ray-UltraViolet-Combo-Pack/dp/B008JFUR10
    blu-ray/dvd/ultraviolet 3 pack for 8 bucks
    i'm going for the wal-mart edition but for people who arent...

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Blu-ray-UltraViolet-Combo-Pack/dp/B008JFUR10
    blu-ray/dvd/ultraviolet 3 pack for 8 bucks
    i'm going for the wal-mart edition but for people who arent...

What's special about the Wal-Mart edition?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    New Jaeger weapon turns their hands into mega scale Drift equipment. Grabs Kaiju heads and mentally assaults the giant monsters, severing them from the hive mind.
    In the climax they drift with the Rift

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    You know, an Armored Core style Pacific Rim game set before the movie would be kinda cool. Sure it would have to be slower paced than your normal AC game, but customizing your Jaeger would be fun.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    You know, an Armored Core style Pacific Rim game set before the movie would be kinda cool. Sure it would have to be slower paced than your normal AC game, but customizing your Jaeger would be fun.

Have whoever made Robot Alchemic Drive (RAD) on the PS2 make a PacRim game

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I just want Good Time Adventures with Cherno Alpha.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Have whoever made Robot Alchemic Drive (RAD) on the PS2 make a PacRim game

Sandlot.

The geniuses behind Earth Defense Force.

Until Saints Row IV, it held the title for the most brilliant stupid game of all time.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Pacific Rim bluray up on amazon.ca for 14 bucks right now.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

That reminds me, I tried making Tacit Ronin but I just couldn't get it right. None of the arms or heads are really suited for it.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Funny, TR almost seems the most Armored Core-esque of the whole lot.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I watched this over the holiday weekend with my family and I know it would be bad, I do, but I would love a motion controlled game that let's you do the Jaeger/Kaiju fights where you're actually swinging your arms.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I watched this over the holiday weekend with my family and I know it would be bad, I do, but I would love a motion controlled game that let's you do the Jaeger/Kaiju fights where you're actually swinging your arms.
    what if you were both pilots and had to synchronize?

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    sounds like a job for the Kinect

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I thought that's what he was talking about. My brain replaced motion controlled with kinect

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    That'd still be perfect - Player 1 and 2 have to do the same gesture to kick or punch the kaiju - left/right arm, left/right leg, etc. That'd be pretty awesome.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Yeah I figured Kinect, at this point. I'd almost like to see it with the Wii's controls, just because you could use the buttons on the remote and nunchuk to deploy weapons and stuff, but I don't actually want it to be a Wii game. I think I want Steel Battalion but not terrible and set in the Pacific Rim universe.

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Got the blu-ray for my birthday! its still amazing and i love it.

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    I just found the coolest thing.

gojira.img_assist_custom.jpg

GodzillaChristmasTree.jpg

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Now my Christmas is forever ruined until I find a tree that can be cut into the shape of Godzilla.

sarukun on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    finally saw this movie and loved it

amazing soundtrack

also all Christmas trees must be Godzilla shaped

that is the new rule

• Options
    I found an amazing Godzilla cake in Hong Kong a few months back, I need to find the photo I took of it

• Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Does anyone here have the Pacific Rim: Man, Machines, and Monsters book? I have a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble and it looks like my most interesting option at the moment.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Does anyone here have the Pacific Rim: Man, Machines, and Monsters book? I have a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble and it looks like my most interest option at the moment.
    I've got it. Personally, I'd recommend ordering it from Amazon where you'll save ~15 bucks, but that's just me. Don't get me wrong, I love going to Barnes and Noble (and any other book stores) to window shop or just find something that I wouldn't know to look for online, but if I know what I want...

It's a cool book if you like behind the scenes stuff, it's got a lot of information about the design process and a ton of concept art for jaegers and kaiju. Also, stickers. If you have any specific questions about it, I'll answer them this evening.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Yaaaaay

That looks really nice

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Early march?

laaaaaame.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I'm mos def buying that, but something looks kinda off about it
    I think the hips are too wide, making the pelvic region look scrawny and giving it a shorter stature, but they probably did it to give it better articulation

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    the hips are definitely too wide but other than that it's basically perfect

i bet it couldnt stand with its center of gravity

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Gonna spend hour after hour copying Blake T's avatar

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yes, I need one of those, Crimson Typhoon needs a new desk buddy. Motorbike transformer lady is just not the right scale.