As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Batarians - just a poor man's Bavarians

Maz-Maz- 飛べRegistered User regular
edited August 2013 in Games and Technology

cerberuslogo.png

unledpev.png
Mass Effect Wiki - Suicide Mission Guide (ME2) - Import Saves (ME1/2 PC & XBOX ONLY) -
Face Codes (ME2)

300pxme3logo.png
Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth. Available Everywhere NOW.

List of Origin/XBL/PSN names here! (Join here!)

Join the Steam group!

Xbox Metatag = PennyA ME3

ME3 Pre-Release Videos
Normandy Tour 2 - Normandy Tour - Hijacking an Atlas - Palaven Gameplay - Live Action Trailer - Mars Gameplay - Galaxy Map - CG Trailer - FemShep Trailer - Ruthless and Intelligent Enemies - Adrenaline-Pumping Gameplay - Integrated Storytelling - Customizable Arsenal - Voice Cast - Multiplayer Trailer - James Vega - Tuchanka Gameplay - Squad Leader Gameplay - E3 Trailer - Earth Demo - Sur'Kesh Demo - Reaper Base Demo - Kinect Demo

ME3 DLC Videos
Leviathan - Omega - Extended Cut Interview - Resurgence - Rebellion - Earth - Retaliation - Reckoning - Citadel

More Mass Effect

Games!
200pxmasseffectoriginal.jpg masseffectgalaxylogo.jpg
200pxfinalboxartme2.jpg

Comics!
180pxmasseffectredempti.jpg 180pxmasseffectevolutio.png 180pxmasseffectinvasion.jpg 73322203.png
200pxme2aria.png 43458948.png vegat.png

Books!
230pxmerevelation.jpg 190pxmeascension.jpg 190pxmeretributioncover.jpg 190pxmasseffectdeceptio.png

A motion picture! + An anime!

Community Sundries

@TychoCelchuuu has been kind enough to provide peeks at Commander Shepard's facebook page:
one |two| three | FOUR! | FIVE!! | SIX!!!
*~seven~*

@GoodKingJayIII provided the following way to skip much of the introduction for the PC version of ME2:
A lot of people don't like the opening 10 minute intro movie, but there is a way to get rid of it. Go to:

C:....mass effect 2\BioGameMovies

Change the extension of the following files to .bak:

Opening_End_Seq.bik

Opening_End_SeqFM.bik

Opening_Seq_INT.bik

ProCer_300_FirstFlight.bik

ME2_Opening_SunMid_INT.bak

ProNor_Pod2.bik

ProNorEscape.bik

ProNorEscapeAsh.bik

ProNorEscapeKaid.bik

ME2_Opening_SunMid_ESN.bik

ME_EAsig_720p_v2_raw.bak

BWLogo.bak

ProNor_Shepard_Rebuilt.bik

This will not get rid of everything, you still have to watch the non-CGI cutscenes and Save Joker. But it does cut down quite a bit. If you want those movies back just rename them to .bik again. If you're worried your renaming the wrong thing, you can download a BIK palyer and confirm the files.

3. For those who hate planet scanning and hacking, there is an easy ini file edit floating around. This is just a colaseced editor that you guys have already been playing with but this one seemed pretty idiot proof to me. This again needs an external program but is non-excutable.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yjjzlzzzmyj

This has all kinds of stuff like god mode, extra weapons, infinite ammo etc., but if you just want the money, just use it to get your resources, save, then exit the game and revert to the non-hacked state.

@korodullin has kindly offered some R&R with a wonderful game of bingo!

bingofinalv2.jpg

@Spoit has a far more simple variation:
me2bingo.jpg

@curly haired boy strikes back with awesome wallpapers taken from the ME2:
@Orca has kindly complied all of the shamelessly awful pictures posted in this thread.

@Orca explains how to transfer ME1 to Origin:
From the other thread, enter your info here: https://activate.ea.com/gameactivation.do

then create or link an existing EA classic account. Origin should figure out what's up without you doing anything more at that point.

*If buying ME somewhere other than Origin and it doesn't contain BDTS or PS, contact Origin CS and they can get it fixed for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG2mdZ23eP8
-Tal wrote: »

Massive. End. Spoilers. DO NOT CLICK. SERIOUSLY.

From @Yougottawanna a Brilliant dissection as to why the ending is so bad in Red Letter Media Style:
And a followup:
From @manwiththemachinegun SECRET TRUE ENDING HHEYYYYAAA!!!!!

True Last Boss!

Bioware Blog Where official announcements about pending Multiplayer weekend events are made.
MP Build Simulator
Mass Effect 3 MP Weapon Data
Mass Effect 3 MP Wave Composition Chart
Bioware Resistance Multipliers Thread
For a list of your obtained equipment and their respective levels, check your Bioware Social account. Go to "My Games" and click Mass Effect 3 in the pop-up box and then choose Multiplayer Manifest.

Special thanks to @-Tal for putting together an awesome OP.
The OP has been stolen so many fucking times. We're gonna fill up the OP with credits. :D
OP Shamelessly stolen from @Dragkonias who stole it from @forar who stole it from @The Dude With Herpes who stole it from @jdarksun who stole it from @forar who stole it from @jdarksun who stole it from @-Tal
Taramoor wrote: »
The following was posted by a BioWare mod as an apology for the online pass issue, which they're working on.
tumblr_m28k0axzRD1rq5i6do1_500.jpg
830pxinterrupticons.png
And last, but certainly not least: The TRUE Hero of Mass Effect
u8BWP.gif

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
Maz- on

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I get an @ notification every time there's a new thread because my FB pages are in the OP, but it's missing page 6!

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Sorry, I was actually planning to do a major OP overhaul for the new thread but I'm just too busy at the moment. Hopefully I'll get around to it soon, ideally once we get some new info on the next game in the franchise.

And thanks @Mild Confusion for the inspiration for the new thread title :mrgreen:
    I get an @ notification every time there's a new thread because my FB pages are in the OP, but it's missing page 6!

Thanks for the heads-up, added!

edit:..and again!

Maz- on
    Actually on further reflection, that's page 7. It's also missing the legit page 6.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    random notifications get!

Man I haven't played this in forever. I bought, but still haven't played through Omega or Citadel.

Maybe it's finally time for an insanity full playthrough.

Or not. Steam games are killing me right now.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Actually on further reflection, that's page 7. It's also missing the legit page 6.

Do you still have pages 2 and 4? Seems like those links don't work anymore.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Omega is cool.

Citadel is the best, most rad super fucking incredible DLC ever. Do it!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Maz- wrote: »

Do you still have pages 2 and 4? Seems like those links don't work anymore.
    Mass Effect 1: One | Two | Three
    Mass Effect 2: One | Two
    Mass Effect 3 Launch: One

• ArkayArkay Registered User regular
    I just beat ME3 and I'm ending the game with a bang with the Citadel DLC. Just took Wrex to the charity event and damn son you're looking swanky.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Batarians are cool.

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Batarians are cool.

A post I can sympathize with!

I mean really, who doesn't like Falcon-punching everything to death?
    Those cheap gear-slot knockoffs with their measly 800 damage and no damage reduction don't count!

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Batarians are the best.

As people to torture for information.

Because of having three spare eyes.

Batarians are the worst at anything else though.

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Well, I think Bavarians are a fine people.

But Batarians make a fantastic punch glove.

And spikes that explode.

I mean, c'mon! Hatesurfing!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I think the op should be updated with links to Jacobkosh's ending critique and Orikaeshigitae's ending critique since they're cited so often when people come in asking "so I've seen the ending but don't understand why anyone was mad."

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Prickly explody.

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    QUADS

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I'm sad hanar can't wear sweaters?

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I'm sad hanar can't wear sweaters?

Grunt, go home. You're drunk.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I miss the days when I could do a quick GIS or deviant art search and find the most insane fan art. Now I've seen all the really crazy stuff, everything new seems to be fairly well adjusted.

Except maybe this!
    2q0jac1.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I miss the days when I could do a quick GIS or deviant art search and find the most insane fan art. Now I've seen all the really crazy stuff, everything new seems to be fairly well adjusted.

Except maybe this!
    2q0jac1.jpg

See, I was thinking, "Well, can't be that bad. I've seen the worst the maladjusted have had to offer."

Wrong.

With Love and Courage
    And in the line of things that won't give you more questions than answers, there is this stuff I hadn't seen posted before:

tumblr_mjrqupx1Jl1qcircwo1_500.png
    tumblr_mpw3p3yc9d1qfljp3o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_modg9m2Q7i1r7m5apo1_r5_500.jpg

edited August 2013
    The law and order parody made me realize I would TOTALLY watch a buddy cop movie with Wrex and Garrus.

Cambiata on
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    That's what that is? I just like seeing everybody in suits.

The law and order parody made me realize I would TOTALLY watch a buddy cop movie with Wrex and Garrus.
    Which is also what the entire Mass Effect series ought to have been.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Isn't that what everyone meant when they said citadel noir?

steam_sig.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Which is also what the entire Mass Effect series ought to have been.

Naw

But Shepard & Archangel Investigations should totally have been a 10 hour noir DLC on Omega in ME2.

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Krogan multiplayer control panel:

1005466_10151862895235864_989854810_n.jpg

The "In case of emergency, release Inferno Grenades" button is below the dash.

milk ducks on
  • DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Batarians are cool.

A post I can sympathize with!

I mean really, who doesn't like Falcon-punching everything to death?
    Those cheap gear-slot knockoffs with their measly 800 damage and no damage reduction don't count!

Volus vanguard with the gauntlet... For added fun a incendiary falcon to go with the gauntlet. Timing is tricky on a laggy session though.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Volus Vanguard + Batarian Gauntlet.

You take the Charge has 50% no cooldown upgrade and you keep Charging until you get a cooldown. Then you punch.

I love the Garrus one with the streaks.

Tha Tali dummy is just creepy.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Speaking off odd parodies,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oreJNXzGgrg

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6052R0PZJgI

these things are the best

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    All right, Mass Effect meets Archer is pretty amazing.

edited August 2013
    The last one with default Mshep as a random ODIN guy is my favourite edit

BRIAN BLESSED on
    OMG, that was, amaziiiiiiiiing!

steam_sig.png

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    H. Jon Benjamin needs to voice the male playable character in ME4. TAKE MY MONEY.

Jesus Christ!

In the third one, the interrogation scene from Thane's loyalty mission and the rampage episode (my personal fav) match up perfectly in tone!

It's even better than what was in the actual game!

steam_sig.png

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    those archer/mass effect mashup vids are great :D

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I've been on a Mass Effect Fuck Yeah binge and you're all paying the price. Chance that these have been seen before because I'm WAY behind the curve? High. Chance of seeing Kaidan's bare ass? Low.

Links directly to the comics in question, because they amuse me:
    Gift for Thane

These two comics - aren't actually - related, - but they very - well could be.

Bad-ass adorable!

Camaraderie!

Quads!

Funny Bumps

The feels are out there

Save it for the hanar

Overly literal

I'll stop now.

• BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    The conrad verner seen had me in tears

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    ahaha liara as cheryl

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget