As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Screen Capture Software (Ideally Free)

mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
I want to make some proof of concept intructional videos for work so does anyone know of any decent screen capture software? Ideally there would be no watermark and of course if I can download it for free that would be preferable.

Cheers.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal

• Options
    illigillig Registered User regular
    what are the features you need that make you unable to use the built in screen shot functionality in most OSes? this will help with recommendations...

• Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    Yeah I just use "Snipping Tool" in windows 7, just type it into your search bar. If you need something more robust we use "Snagit" at work but I dont think its free. Allows you to do automatic screen grabs after x seconds and fancy stuff like that.

• Options
    Ah sorry I should have specified I need to capture video of my desktop, they're going to basically be tutorials on various functions so just edited captured video and text.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    Try CamStudio. It's what I've used at work for similar purposes.

• Options
    RavynBlackheartRavynBlackheart Registered User regular
    I've used clip2net.com/en/ with some success.

• Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    Best free one IMO is BB Flashback. I use it to make screen captures of installations, demos, and debug sessions. Can export to a reasonably small flash file.

• Options
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, will try em this weekend.

• Options
    defreakdefreak Registered User regular
    I have used CamStudio and BB Flashback, and I liked BB Flashback more, only thing is you need to register (free) to download.

• Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I came in here expecting someone had already suggested OBS, which is freeware. It really does everything when it comes to doing video captures of anything that could ever be on your screen. And it's pretty easy to use as well!

• Options
    Yep found that OBS was super user friendly and had decent options whilst still being relatively simple.

Thanks all!