As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Payday 2] Steal Things, Shoot Mans, Repeat as Necessary

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Question - does semi auto give a tangible accuracy bonus or, assuming good trigger discipline, does it function the same as firing single shots on full auto?

If you install the mod then it does. If not then there's no stat difference between the two modes over than ROF.

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »
    I think 000 is worth it on some guns. On my Enforcer it put my silenced Loco and Raven at 102 damage, which is a magic number. On a Street Sweeper it probably isn't, since I think you can get to 50 pretty easily without it.

What's magic about 102, 1 hit body shot kills on tan swat?

Still worth it if I'm running a saw as my primary?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2014
    I think 000 is worth it on some guns. On my Enforcer it put my silenced Loco and Raven at 102 damage, which is a magic number. On a Street Sweeper it probably isn't, since I think you can get to 50 pretty easily without it.

What's magic about 102, 1 hit body shot kills on tan swat?

Still worth it if I'm running a saw as my primary?

100 is really the number, but, yeah, it's one-hit headshot KO on anything that's not a Dozer and exactly 2 shots on a Taser. For Enforcers 115 is another important number, as it lets you bodyshot anything not a Cloaker, Taser or Dozer with Overkill active.

A duck! on
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Overkill actually doesn't work quite like that: it's a sliding scale that starts at 25% health. You only get 100% boost when in bleedout

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    Overkill actually doesn't work quite like that: it's a sliding scale that starts at 25% health. You only get 100% boost when in bleedout
    That's berserker.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    That's berserker.

oh oops that's right

Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
    Can I throw it out there that the second gate being closed on bank missions when you're in stealth is the stupidest decision I've seen in a long fucking time. Oh, you successfully stealthed and are just waiting for the vault to open? WAIT SOME MORE, SUCKER. It's fucking stupid how much slower it is to stealth things. I'd be in in 4 seconds if I had a saw.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    I'd be in in 4 seconds if I had a saw.
    You say that as though bringing a saw to a stealth bank job isn't fairly standard.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Stealth bank challenge 1: bring a saw instead of ecm overdrive

Stealth bank challenge 1: bring a saw instead of ecm overdrive

That's less difficult than it sounds, if you're still allowed to bring ECMs in general. With no ECM at all, might still be possible, but only on overkill or below so you can shoot out cameras. What you'd have to do is pick off what guards you can, pop cameras so you can grab civvies, secure the tellers and the back button, then saw cameraguy.

You say that as though bringing a saw to a stealth bank job isn't fairly standard.

Sorry, forgot to mention this was solo. Three people with cable guy? Sure.

Ah. Yeah, this game hates soloing, which is sad.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

control freak!

fuck gendered marketing
    I am approaching the level range where it matters, so question time: Which skills are considered essential for saw use? Berkserker seems like it's optional, based on how many guys I see not using it, not sure on the others.

• HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    I am approaching the level range where it matters, so question time: Which skills are considered essential for saw use? Berkserker seems like it's optional, based on how many guys I see not using it, not sure on the others.

If you have double ammo bags/someone in the party has double ammo bags then you don't need any skills beyond the basic saw, you don't even need to ace it... this is enough to saw every lockbox plus the ATM's on the banks, including 'big bank'...

Honestly the other skills just save some ammo, thats all... i personally don't take any of them simply because of that fact, they are alot of points just to save alittle bit of ammo.

1Gn4PNI.png
    Heroth wrote: »

If you have double ammo bags/someone in the party has double ammo bags then you don't need any skills beyond the basic saw, you don't even need to ace it... this is enough to saw every lockbox plus the ATM's on the banks, including 'big bank'...

Honestly the other skills just save some ammo, thats all... i personally don't take any of them simply because of that fact, they are alot of points just to save alittle bit of ammo.

Triple stuffed or just two bags? (I have triple stuffed)

edited July 2014
    Heroth wrote: »

Triple stuffed or just two bags? (I have triple stuffed)

Basically one triple and alittle from any other is enough for all of 'em... if say you stealth bank, three people with normal ammo would be probably enough, i've never not had aced ammo without my saw so i'm not %100.

If you have aced ammo thats perfect... you'd obviously need less with Berserker but its also not required.

Also tips if you haven't used the saw, for deposit boxes you can aim anywhere on the 'box' and it requires two 'taps' with the saw to open it, so just gently tap your mouse, should be able to do roughly two 'rows' (from top to bottom) with one blade... takes alittle practice but once you have it down its pretty fast and you save alot of ammo.

to add as a gripe: they nerfed saw-blades (sometimes between abit before deathwish or abit after deathwish) again so it takes almost a full blade to open sawable doors and alot more 'charges' per hit... you used to be able to do an entire bank off one aced ammo bag and have enough ammo left over for maybe two full refills... i have no idea why they did this, its not like it matters, you are also giving up a primary weapon for it.

It also seems like they nerfed its damage, against bulldozers anyway, since you used to be able to kill them with maybe half a blade worth of 'charge' with a face-plate, but when last i tried i used an entire blade and it didn't even take his face-mask off. (although this might've just been lag/bug/strange issues since i didn't thoroughly test it.)

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • MrBeensMrBeens Registered User regular
    Yeah they dropped the saw damage vs dozers a while back.

So apparently we're approaching 1mil heisters, and the landmark will be celebrated with a new shotgun (The Judge, which looks to be a revolver chambered for shells), and a money bundle melee weapon.

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    No game has ever made me as butt-hurt and livid as Payday 2, but only because I purchased it on the 360. Its been almost a year now since the game released, and we're still waiting for updates -- effectively still playing the beta. And this only frustrates me because I love Payday 2, and I want to continue playing it! I know that I could just pick up the game for the PC, but it would feel like such a waste of time and energy, considering I already made the grind to 100 once already.

I follow a bunch of folks on YouTube who post constantly about Payday 2, and it all looks so good.

I just feel cheated, man. It sucks.

milk ducks wrote: »
    No game has ever made me as butt-hurt and livid as Payday 2, but only because I purchased it on the 360. Its been almost a year now since the game released, and we're still waiting for updates -- effectively still playing the beta. And this only frustrates me because I love Payday 2, and I want to continue playing it! I know that I could just pick up the game for the PC, but it would feel like such a waste of time and energy, considering I already made the grind to 100 once already.

I follow a bunch of folks on YouTube who post constantly about Payday 2, and it all looks so good.

Honestly I'd pick it up on sale as much as it sucks. The current levelling status in the PC version means you can hit 60ish without effort which is enough skill points to do whatever you feel like.

• Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular

Yeah if you see a sale just get it mate, the leveling isn't that bad if you can get with some OK projobs sooner or later.

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular

Microsoft charges an obscene amount of money ($10k is a number that has been floating around for a while) to post updates to 360/Xbone games. Most devs don't make enough money to provide free updates to their games on a regular basis. Gotta love closed platforms.

That_Guy wrote: »

Microsoft charges an obscene amount of money ($10k is a number that has been floating around for a while) to post updates to 360/Xbone games. Most devs don't make enough money to provide free updates to their games on a regular basis. Gotta love closed platforms.

While this is true it's also bullshit to use that justification for Payday 2 considering smaller games have put out updates (or at least had the politeness to formally say 'we aren't updating').

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    http://www.overkillsoftware.com/crimefest/

Kinda like stretch goals? I "like" how they offer Framing Frames Day 1 as a single day heist bonus

How long was it when the golden AK was introduced? (wiki says May 8 2014) 500k more people is technically possible but between now and then, there was a steam sale

Also the numbers 5 4 8 5 5 are scratched into the page

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    Most of those feel kind of like stuff they've already done and are just waiting to release. So curious what's going to happen if those goals aren't met. Especially the one day Framing Frames job.

edited July 2014
    people will just have to deal with not having a pro mission you can complete as fast as jewelry store?

Paladin on
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    8 Upgraded ECMs makes Framing Frames day 1 a breeze so, yeah

STILL WAITING ON T7 SKILLS OVERKILL

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

I kinda feel we're not going to get further than maybe the Mask from Bain.

I mean it's basically not budged since the announcement.

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    I kinda feel we're not going to get further than maybe the Mask from Bain.

I mean it's basically not budged since the announcement.

A bit lower than my estimate, I'd have said we won't go past 1.2 mill, but yeah, anything higher than that is completely unfeasable.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

Which is a shame because all that stuff is nice. Just Overkill's already got most anyone who gives a fuck and doesn't have some weird objection to social media stuff in the group already.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

While this is true it's also bullshit to use that justification for Payday 2 considering smaller games have put out updates (or at least had the politeness to formally say 'we aren't updating').

If they were up front and said "Due to the costs, we cannot afford to update Payday 2 on consoles. As such, PC players will receive updates and content that console players will not." there would be no issue.

edited July 2014
    Ehhhh, night maps? depending on how dark i don't think it would really add anything, it'd either be so dark that it approaches annoying/requiring flashlights (which wouldn't matter for people with gage mod pack that much) or it'd just be 'slightly dim' so also wouldn't effect much...

The 'new gensec security' dude? ehhhhh, the Cloaker is already fucking annoying enough, thanks.

I mean, if they could fix the cloaker so that that i could maybe actually shoot it more than half the time, they might not be so bad but right now they are basically just 'the slowest person (i.e generally me) gets knocked down no matter how early you saw the cloaker because hit detection on them is iffy at best, then they get shot in the face and you get rez'd/shouted at until you stand up... i understand they are there to prevent people running off by themselves and to keep the group closer together, but it doesn't seem to work out that way.

In groups its honestly not that bad, annoying but its never cost us a heist (apart from one bank job where two spawned and insta knocked three of us down while the AI just flopped around getting shot), its in single player that i think they should just remove cloakers, since the AI is absolutely dog shit at shooting anything at range, and don't seem to engage cloakers at *all* until they've knocked you down already.

I'd be curious where they got the numbers for this, though... have they sold that many copies? are they hoping this encourages more sales? or?

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    Wait what? Hit detection is completely client based and I've never even experienced a hiccup. How is it bugged?

• MrBeensMrBeens Registered User regular

While this used to be true (they used to charge for the QA and compliance testing) they dropped that a while back (mind 2013 I think). You still have to submit your update and have it tested and approved which can take weeks per submission - Overkill don't exactly have a clean record with patches not breaking stuff - hotfixes like they do on the PC are off the table.

edited July 2014
    Vic_Hazard wrote: »
    Wait what? Hit detection is completely client based and I've never even experienced a hiccup. How is it bugged?

I know this? but i've emptied too many entire magazines into cloakers for there not to be something buggy about them when they are 'charging' or in there 'jumping' attack... i've hit one in the head in a charge (near point blank range, it was going for someone else) Four times with a loco and it didn't die(hoxhud also didn't show its health go down, but third party ect ect), other times once... i have never had any trouble hitting anything else apart from cloakers... they either have invincible frames while 'charge' moving or 'jump' attacking or because of there speed they 'desync' (like other enemies sometimes do while doing there 'run') more often, whatever it is sometimes they just literally take no damage.

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I've never had any issues with cloakers. It feels great when they're sprinting at you and you kill them mere inches from being downed.

• JohnLockeJohnLocke Registered User regular
    As long as we can get to 1.2 I don't even care anymore. The stuff beyond that is cool and all, but Hoxton is my one true love, so...

Really looking forward to that heist, seriously. That one and the casino one sound freakin' awesome. The diamond one MIGHT be cool if they do a kind of super-heist Pink Panther thing with it, but I'm on the fence about it. Breaking someone out of jail, though? Yeah, I'm into that.

Beyond that, the GenSec guy and the FBI files sound at least interesting. Night/Day and FF Day 1 is kind of eh (I generally rush through FF with my friends anyway, takes like 20 minutes at most), and guns I couldn't care less about.

Payday: The Heist MIGHT be interesting, but I've never played it so I don't know how cool it is. Any here who've played it? What's it like, and more specifically, how is it different from Payday 2?

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    As long as you have a loco as your backup, I'm pretty sure you can stop any charging cloaker that isn't dropping from the ceiling. One or two headshots will kill them, and it's very hard to not headshot with the loco. If you hear a tinnitus-like whine, just pull out your loco.

I ate an engineer
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    The sound the cloaker makes as he charges at you is one of my favourite things in the game. It's just perfect.