As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Windows not showing total mem corectly

The SnertThe Snert Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I have a HP Pavillion dv2125nr notebook that I formatted cuz I didn't want all the bloatware. I re-installed all the drivers and everything is running ok, but now in system properties windows is only showing 256 ram. Thats definately not right since 1024 should be showing. Any ideas?

The Snert on

• Options
    edited March 2007
    When I boot into the bios, it shows the total system memory as 1024, but in windows system properties, it still shows only 256. Im using Windows XP SP2, so I really do not understand why this is happening. Help, my lappy is running at a crawl because of this!

The Snert on
  • Options
    IconoclysmIconoclysm Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Weird!
    Try installing the nforce chipset drivers from here: http://tinyurl.com/36adme
    Reboot and see if that helps.

Iconoclysm on
    t=54717
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    that's weird. it has 1024 in it, but it runs like a 256?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    robotbeboprobotbebop Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Did you get the drivers from the HP support page for your notebook? You can't trust OEM hardware to use the exact same specifications as generic individual components, especially on notebooks.

Is your notebook an Intel Core 2 Duo model or an AMD Turion 64 X2 model? There is a softpaq you have to install for HP Notebooks running AMD processors.

If you haven't, install it:

SP33499

Also, I'd like to know if your webcam works properly in XP; PM me the response so we don't derail this thread.

robotbebop on
    Do not feel trapped by the need to achieve anything, this way you achieve everything.

Oh, hey I'm making a game! Check it out: Dr. Weirdo!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Robotbebop,

I did in fact get the drivers from the HP Support page. The notebook is the AMD Turion 64 X2 Model. I tried installing the hotfix from the link you sent me but it still didn't work. Could it be that I need to reformat and install windows again? If worse comes to worse I can always just restore from that hd partition.. but I really dont want to do that.

The Snert on
  • Options
    PhilodoxPhilodox Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'd contact HP support if you can. RAM is not the kind of thing that typically requires a driver (I have never seen it). If the computer can't figure out your RAM is there, your computer won't boot. I doubt reinstalling windows would do any good.

Philodox on
    That's a Freudian mansex if I ever cocked one.
    twinsbanneroq0.jpg
  • Options
    redimpulseredimpulse Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It does sound like you may have a physical memory problem. I know how agitating HP support can be, but I'd call them on this one.

redimpulse on
    rbsig.jpg