As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[One Piece] A wild trip on the Grand Line

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    They also already employ that voice actor, so it wasn't really that much a stretch.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    New chapter is out
    fitting finish to the Bellamy fight. And definite foreshadowing for mansherry's powers to be used on law.

Also holy crap Mihawk has his sword imbued with Haki 24/7 and that's why the blade is black. Wtf.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    My impression of the state of things after this chapter:
    277144051_PzwqZ-1050x10000.jpg

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    New chapter is out
    fitting finish to the Bellamy fight. And definite foreshadowing for mansherry's powers to be used on law.

Also holy crap Mihawk has his sword imbued with Haki 24/7 and that's why the blade is black. Wtf.
    I doubt Law's dead. Cliffhanger's a cliffhanger yo!

Also Mansherry can heal people with her tears, not resurrect them, at least I wouldn't think so. Why not just dig up good ol Gold Roger and resurrect him while you're at it? Or Ace?

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Ugh more hiatus. Just when I thought the chapters were being released in a timely manner

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Ugh more hiatus. Just when I thought the chapters were being released in a timely manner

Usually before or after a color page, it feels like.

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I don't mind having a hiatus because the dude has to take breaks. Japanese people work way too damn much.

• Options
    Uncle PKUncle PK Registered User regular
    New chapter is out

If that really is the case for his sword then that's mind boggling

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »
    I don't mind having a hiatus because the dude has to take breaks. Japanese people work way too damn much.

Part of me knows this.

But the other part is all GUUUUH I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NOW!

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    New chapter is out

I doubt Law's dead. Cliffhanger's a cliffhanger yo!

Also Mansherry can heal people with her tears, not resurrect them, at least I wouldn't think so. Why not just dig up good ol Gold Roger and resurrect him while you're at it? Or Ace?
    Hence foreshadowing for Mansherry's power to be used on Law.

• Options
    I would love to walk through that Gallery or Memories.

• Options
    Chapter 780
    This is staaaaarting to feeeeel reaaaaaally slooooooow nooooooooow

Basically an entire chapter for Law giving Doffy the Bird, Luffy doing one attack and a panel showing the birdcage shrinking

steam_sig.png

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Chapter 780

Basically an entire chapter for Law giving Doffy the Bird, Luffy doing one attack and a panel showing the birdcage shrinking
    Its the finale, gotta make it dramatic. Is Luffy gonna become immortal?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Chapter 780

Its the finale, gotta make it dramatic. Is Luffy gonna become immortal?
    Yeah I don't see how that matters? It's not like Luffy is deathly ill or has any other reason to need immortality... like Gol D Roger he strikes me as the sort of person contempt with dying at some point.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    The most obvious choice for immortality would be that girl with healing tears.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    In times like this, I would normally say "right in the kokoro," but right now "right in the Corazón" is more appropriate.

Edit:
    Chapter 780

It was worth it just to read Law say
    "Bring Corazón back, and lick the assholes of every citizen in this country."

RockinX on
  • Options
    We get it Oda, 'Mingo's a dick, stop spelling it out and start the fight already

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • Options
    I'm watching One Piece because I was a manga-only guy until recently, and Crunchyroll translated a line to "I'm totally shipping you with him."

Really, Crunchy? It's not like it doesn't work as a translation, but I don't like it.

• Options
    RockinX wrote: »
    In times like this, I would normally say "right in the kokoro," but right now "right in the Corazón" is more appropriate.

Edit:
    Chapter 780

It was worth it just to read Law say
    "Bring Corazón back, and lick the assholes of every citizen in this country."

Wait whaaaaaat

No way, that must be a mistranslation. What I've read was
    Bring Corazon back and apologize to every citizen in this country

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I read it as
    lick the shoes.

It probably originally refers to some kind of non-specific humiliating/apologetic action that he wants Doflamingo to do - some people will translate manga characters as swearing like sailors at the slightest opportunity.

Though that's some William Wallace shit in any case.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Chapter 781

Last weeks chapter just paid off in full
    Law's "silence" to make him appear dead as a callback to Corazon
    More Law + Luffy combo epicness
    Law just being a badass in general
    Luffy being a badass swatting Trebol away like no one's business
    Doffy being the best of hateable villians by stitching his organs back together after pretty much being ripped apart from the inside*
    Luffy stopping Doffy's leg like that signifiying shit's about to go down

*This is such an excellent revelation. Really shows that Doffy has absolutely MASTERED his power. If you gave me the power to create strings I doubt I'd think of attaching them to clouds as a form of transportation or stitching wounds.

Edit:
    Looks like I got that wrong, Law didn't just stay silent, he switched with a corpse. Clever!

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    CoolTrainerCoolTrainer Registered User regular
    Chapter 781

Last weeks chapter just paid off in full
    Law's "silence" to make him appear dead as a callback to Corazon
    More Law + Luffy combo epicness
    Law just being a badass in general
    Luffy being a badass swatting Trebol away like no one's business
    Doffy being the best of hateable villians by stitching his organs back together after pretty much being ripped apart from the inside*
    Luffy stopping Doffy's leg like that signifiying shit's about to go down

*This is such an excellent revelation. Really shows that Doffy has absolutely MASTERED his power. If you gave me the power to create strings I doubt I'd think of attaching them to clouds as a form of transportation or stitching wounds.

Edit:
    Looks like I got that wrong, Law didn't just stay silent, he switched with a corpse. Clever!

Hooooo boy!
    I know it's a bit cliche, but Luffy stopping the stomp got my heart pumping a bit. Things are getting ready to go down!!!!

League of Legends ID: Cloogr

3DS / Pokemon XY: 0774-5590-9276
  • Options
    My impression of chapter:
    "Watch where you step."

• Options
    Chapter 781.
    Rekt.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Chapter 781.
    Rekt.

More like:
    'bout to get rekt.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Alright Oda, I want a clean fight with Doffy

and by clean I mean hose him up royally

Been waiting almost a decade to see this guy get worked over, don't hold back now

• Options
    Chapter 782
    Law you magnificent bastard!

Pretty epic clash between Doffy and Luffy

Trebol is a Logia... or Paramecia... something? No one seems to know.

We now know he's been hiding a really thin body beneath his slimy shell. We also know that he did appearantly get his head cut off by Usopp's shurikens.

Which to me implies that he's a Logia and that even with Haki you can still only grab the "real" body of someone. So if, for example, Crocodile built a sand-castle around himself and you punched it it wouldn't have any effect. If on the other hand he turned his torso into sand and you punched it it would actually hurt him.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SuneaterSuneater Registered User regular
    Why did the little things feel it when that dude got rekt? I've every chapter but I must have missed it.

3DS FC# 3480-2551-0694
  • Options
    Suneater wrote: »
    Why did the little things feel it when that dude got rekt? I've every chapter but I must have missed it.

782 spoilers:
    He made the exact same sound (pigyah) as the Tontattas when he was stomping on them.

Awesome chapter. Also, many terrible puns came to mind re: Law's killer attack.

Also, it's a good thing Sabo's on the way to save the day, otherwise all the fire might've killed somebody!

• Options
    Chapter 782

We now know he's been hiding a really thin body beneath his slimy shell. We also know that he did appearantly get his head cut off by Usopp's shurikens.

Which to me implies that he's a Logia and that even with Haki you can still only grab the "real" body of someone. So if, for example, Crocodile built a sand-castle around himself and you punched it it wouldn't have any effect. If on the other hand he turned his torso into sand and you punched it it would actually hurt him.
    Paramecia. He mocked Luffy for the logia-thing. Anti-logia didn't work because it wasn't even a logia-body, just some meaningless wax-type stuff.

• Options
    Chapter 782

Paramecia. He mocked Luffy for the logia-thing. Anti-logia didn't work because it wasn't even a logia-body, just some meaningless wax-type stuff.
    Then what happened when Usopp cut him to pieces?

• Options
    EvilOtakuEvilOtaku Registered User regular
    Chapter 782

He was also hit with Law's Radio(?) Knife that he was supposedly not able to put himself back together.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Chapter 782

OsuWLmg.jpg

?

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Bra-vo.

Loved that clash between Luffy and Doflamingo - more of that, please.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Chapter 782

OsuWLmg.jpg
    ?

:D

In seriousness though, given that Trebol threw that line RIGHT as Luffy hit him I'm pretty sure it was supposed to just throw him off, and we can see it worked. If he hadn't said that Luffy being Luffy might've actually just continuted pounding on him, eventually landing a hit, or figuring out his trick after some time. If you look at the panel where Law uses Radio knife you can see his hand being detached as well.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    EvilOtaku wrote: »
    Chapter 782

He was also hit with Law's Radio(?) Knife that he was supposedly not able to put himself back together.
    Radio as in radiosurgery. Targetted radiation.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Chapter 782

I'm half expecting Doffy to keel over from Laws last attack, unaware of just how fucked he is from it. But I don't kniw that Law actually has radioactive attacks so much as he can slice up insides in a similar fashion.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    EvilOtakuEvilOtaku Registered User regular
    Chapter 782

Right. I just didn't know if Radio Knife and Gama Knife were the same thing translated differently

This discussion has been closed.