As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Arcade - Pinny Pal Community thread

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    2 of my KI pins sets shipped

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    2 of my KI pins sets shipped

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    ericleoneericleone Connecticut, USARegistered User regular
    My KI Pinultimate shipped and now shows scheduled delivery for Friday.

• Options
    CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    edited November 2013

Jeff Kalles' Pinultimate edition. Interesting pin back.

Cowpuppy on
    Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    I received my 2 15th anniversary pins today! No sign of the scarf however. Huge pin and beautiful. I pity the fool who wears it on their lanyard.

• Options
    VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    pureval wrote: »
    I received my 2 15th anniversary pins today! No sign of the scarf however. Huge pin and beautiful. I pity the fool who wears it on their lanyard.

I am that fool. This one is going center stage on the lanyard, right over the badge. It's an amazing pin, I can't just not wear it.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • Options
    NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Got my Pinultimate in the mail today! It looks awesome. The case is a lot bigger then I would've guessed, though.

358rjnc.jpg

NowHiringHenchmen on
  • Options
    Just in case anyone is interested in how big the case actually is, I put the 360 game case against it for references sake.

2qsq5xd.jpg

• Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    Wow, that case looks almost as big as the console (in terms of the footprint when laying on its back). Does this mean that every physical retail version of the game (Pin Ultimate or otherwise) will come only with a downloadable code (no disc)?

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    Headhunter wrote: »
    Wow, that case looks almost as big as the console (in terms of the footprint when laying on its back). Does this mean that every physical retail version of the game (Pin Ultimate or otherwise) will come only with a downloadable code (no disc)?

The pinultimate is the only physical edition of the game. All other 3 are downloads from the Xbox Store.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    TheHonestHippoTheHonestHippo MicrosoftRegistered User regular
    Important reminder to KI PUE owners:

Please, please keep your 25-digit code card even after activating the game. The registration page into the pins promotion (pins for challenges) should be up shortly and you'll need the code!

Thanks all! Hope you all enjoy it.

Twitter: @HonestHippo
  • Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular

The pinultimate is the only physical edition of the game. All other 3 are downloads from the Xbox Store.

Isn't there a $40 Ultra physical version as well? If not, I'm not sure what the pre-order I placed in June from an online retailer is going to work out to...hmm...

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options

Isn't there a $40 Ultra physical version as well? If not, I'm not sure what the pre-order I placed in June from an online retailer is going to work out to...hmm...

Pretty sure the only physical version is the Pin Ultimate.

And I really don't want to puncture this box. It is so nice. They need pre-poked holes to not make me feel bad. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Jim SharkmagicJim Sharkmagic That's the Sharkmagic magic. England, UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    *Sigh* Today I lost my Fruit Fucker pin because I lent my lanyard out to my flatmate (it has my college card on it and hers stopped working, so she needed it to get back into the building.) She felt something weird on the bottom of her shoe, aaaaand it was the FF pin, stuck there. Needless to say, it was scratched as hell, so I had to throw it away. No idea how it happened but I've decided to just get a different lanyard for everyday use. Hopefully I can get some doubles soon to trade someone for a FF pin, but yeeeeah. Keep your friends close, and your pins closer.

Jim Sharkmagic on
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular

Please, please keep your 25-digit code card even after activating the game. The registration page into the pins promotion (pins for challenges) should be up shortly and you'll need the code!

Any idea if this page will be on Microsoft or penny arcade. For anyone buying a ki pack outside US, there is a better chance we can get those pins if it went through PA as they ship anywhere. MS didn't sell the packs outside US so that might be a problem...

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    InsaneloonInsaneloon Jefferson City, MissouriRegistered User regular
    Got my KI edition today, and like everyone else is saying, it's huuuuuge. Which I love! My only criticism is that the box doesn't open in any way I can discern that allows you to attach the pin backs to the pins once they've been attached to the case. If I'm wrong please let me know, but that might be a design change for future boxes. The pins are gorgeous though, and the case is very nice. I'm excited to see future projects use this design!

• Options
    Insaneloon wrote: »
    Got my KI edition today, and like everyone else is saying, it's huuuuuge. Which I love! My only criticism is that the box doesn't open in any way I can discern that allows you to attach the pin backs to the pins once they've been attached to the case. If I'm wrong please let me know, but that might be a design change for future boxes. The pins are gorgeous though, and the case is very nice. I'm excited to see future projects use this design!

Once you put them in they should be fine. I don't believe you can add the pin back.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    God, this book is gorgeous. I 100% support more of this kind of endeavor. I will fill my shelves with Pin Ultimate editions. I will surround myself with them and stare at them until I fall asleep each night. Thankfully, my fiancée seems amused by this behavior, rather than annoyed. Though this affliction is likely still in its early stages. PAX East will probably exacerbate it. The brain squirrels are well and truly ingrained in my brain.

How I wish this was hyperbole.

Pins! Pins everywhere!

• Options
    I think a good thing for the future is possibly a smaller Pin Ultimate edition. Or at least different sized ones. I know they want to make profit and all that good stuff, but variety is the spice of life.

Maybe one that is in-between the current Pin Ultimate book and a game case. Or what about a Pin Ultimate that can be hung on the wall? I think I kind of like that idea.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Just to let everyone know, the Pin Ultimate Edition is now SOLD OUT on the MS Store. Those who I had arrangements with, codes are coming out to you.

KEEP THE CODE CARD. You need it to get the game, but then you need it again to get the Achievement Pins.

• Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    Well, this is a problem. My Pin Ultimate Edition was halted due to a problem with my payment info. As soon as I updated the information, the order got cancelled entirely.... and now I'm on hold (actually, they said they'll call back) with MS Store Support with a wait time of three hours.

Depending on how this turns out, guess I'm going to be begging Pin Pals for any extras.

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    Ugh. Hope everything works out for you man.

• Options
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I think a good thing for the future is possibly a smaller Pin Ultimate edition. Or at least different sized ones. I know they want to make profit and all that good stuff, but variety is the spice of life.

Maybe one that is in-between the current Pin Ultimate book and a game case. Or what about a Pin Ultimate that can be hung on the wall? I think I kind of like that idea.
    Agreed; 16 pins is a LOT of pins, and makes for a rather large book. Not that I mind, but if the regular sets come in different sizes (Lookouts vs. every other set), then I'd imagine Pin Ultimate editions could, too. And some games might not work as well as KI as far as engagement events, so would only need to house character pins. (Just had visions of a set of Monaco pins with a smaller display book).

A wall one would be nice. Whatever they've got in the KI book behind the pins seems to hold them securely, and I imagine would do so just as easily on a wall as on a shelf.

And all of this doesn't necessarily need to be released with a game. I'd be interested to see regular Pinny Arcade-themed ones, too. Any kind of storage/display, really. People have bought/made some really slick display boards and shadow boxes, but I'm curious to see what Mike and the team have up their sleeves with regard to binders and the like, just because I'm so impressed by the quality of the KI PUE.

Pins! Pins everywhere!

• Options
    The funny thing is I have never been a fan of, or interested in Achievements or trophies in games. The Pin ultimate is essentially the same thing, do things in game and recieve physical versions of a 'gamerscore'. I am so excited for getting pins for playing. And i really hope more games go this rout in the future.

As soon as I hook up my xbox and start playing, ill let you know what the goals are for each pin if that information is made available.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    ericleoneericleone Connecticut, USARegistered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »

Any idea if this page will be on Microsoft or penny arcade. For anyone buying a ki pack outside US, there is a better chance we can get those pins if it went through PA as they ship anywhere. MS didn't sell the packs outside US so that might be a problem...

There is an option in the game to do the registration. It loads up IE on Xbox One. I'll check in a bit to see if I can grab the URL.

• Options
    Registration site seems to be up! Found it on the in-game news menu, led me to here:

http://msstudiosuserresearch.datstathost.com/Collector/Survey.ashx?Name=KI_PinULTIMATE

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Offer good only in the United States only for customers who have purchased Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition. Offer good only for 60 days after applicable conditions. Limit one gift per person. This offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer. This offer ends on August 30, 2014 or while supplies last, and is not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Any gift returned as non-deliverable will not be re-sent. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, change, or suspend this offer at any time without notice.

Ok....We have a problem...

Any suggestions for a work around?

Edit: Actually....maybe theres a way...Higher up on that page says for each pin earned, you get a discount code redeemable in the PA store, that brings the price of these pins down to 0... So MAYBE, non US can still participate, if a US gamertag is not required.

Ayefkay on

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Offer good only in the United States only for customers who have purchased Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition. Offer good only for 60 days after applicable conditions. Limit one gift per person. This offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer. This offer ends on August 30, 2014 or while supplies last, and is not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Any gift returned as non-deliverable will not be re-sent. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, change, or suspend this offer at any time without notice.

Ok....We have a problem...

Any suggestions for a work around?

Edit: Actually....maybe theres a way...Higher up on that page says for each pin earned, you get a discount code redeemable in the PA store, that brings the price of these pins down to 0... So MAYBE, non US can still participate, if a US gamertag is not required.

If they give you a discount to get the store price down to $0, then doesn't that mean all the pins will be on the store? So..even if some people can't get them due to not having a US connect or something, they aren't unattainable!

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I'm going to break the "one FAQ a month" rue and ask Mike about this. Hopefully we have some idea before December starts. As before, I will try and find a workaround if needed.

PedroAsani on
  • Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    Well, after multiple hours on the phone and on their live chat system, no progress has been made towards getting my Pin Ultimate Edition order reinstated. Will continue trying throughout the weekend, but barring that... does anyone have any extras left? :/

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    vid wrote: »
    Well, after multiple hours on the phone and on their live chat system, no progress has been made towards getting my Pin Ultimate Edition order reinstated. Will continue trying throughout the weekend, but barring that... does anyone have any extras left? :/

What happened to yours?

• Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Would anyone be interested in a podcast about Pinny Arcade? Discussing news, questions from listeners, opinions, rumors etc? I do not know much about the technical end of things (where to put it up so people can download it, etc.) and have not edited audio in years. What do you guys think? Anyone want to help out?

• Options
    grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    pureval wrote: »
    Would anyone be interested in a podcast about Pinny Arcade? Discussing news, questions from listeners, opinions, rumors etc? I do not know much about the technical end of things (where to put it up so people can download it, etc.) and have not edited audio in years. What do you guys think? Anyone want to help out?

You can put it up at PinnyPals.com no problems :) That website is not exclusive, it's for all of us, if you have an idea and are prepared to do the work, that's all there is to it, hop on board. Otherwise you can still feel free to PM me and I can help you setup your own thing :)

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Well now I feel stupid not buying the Pin Ultimate edition, honestly I didn't even think it'd sell out, but I don't even have/want an Xbone so I guess it's for the best.

Good luck with this everyone, hopefully the next Pin Ultimate set isn't Xbone exclusive :(

• Options
    To both @grgemonkey and @pureval , I would love to help out with that as well! Wouldn't mind being on it also. Maybe we can get a group chat sort of thing happening?

• Options
    Good luck with this everyone, hopefully the next Pin Ultimate set isn't Xbone exclusive :(

Being a console exclusive shouldn't deter you from getting a Pin Ultimate if you like the game/characters/pins.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Agreed. After seeing the quality of the case and the pins, I've resigned myself to purchasing every Pin Ultimate edition Mike and Jerry can come up with.

@PedroAsani If you're sending off a Pin Ultimate specific FAQ, could you ask how they're going to handle the rest of the pins? Somewhere on MS's site it said the future pins would be limited, but does that mean they'll only be available for a limited time, or that only a limited number will be made? Are we talking infinite pins during a thirty day period, or only 5000 of each pin?

• Options
    I'll wind up just buying all the pins. I don't think 360 fightpads/fightsticks work on the Xbox One, so that will deter me from getting one in the next month or two I think to compete for the pin discounts.

I really am excited for the pins to be available though.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    I skipped this because I have no intention of picking up a One, but it does look really nice. I hope the number of Pin Ultimates is kept low enough for Mike to draw all the pins, because that's what makes these so appealing to me compared to say, Rayman, which I could have easily gotten but skipped without any squirrepercussions.

That Jago pin calls to me, but I suppose that shipped has sailed.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
This discussion has been closed.