As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [MLB] Offseason

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Kyle Seager got a golden glove and Chris Young got al comeback player of the year, its so weird to have positive mariner news in the off season.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Kyle Seager got a golden glove and Chris Young got al comeback player of the year, its so weird to have positive mariner news in the off season.

Nope. Felix was robbed yet again of his deserved Cy Young. Second time this has happened.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    corey kluber was really, really, really good, and had the league's worst defense bringing down his still superb stats

but felix was still better

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Felix would have had more wins if the mariners gave him run support, not that wins matter really but come on the season he beats Tom Seaver's record and still no cy young? That's some bullshit.

But the awards have been bullshit I mean Buck Showalter for manger of the year over Ned Yost? Come the fuck on, hell McClendon finishing fourth is garbage. They did more with less than fucking Showalter.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    If the voting had included postseason play, Ned Yost would have won for sure. I may be biased but I still think Mike Scioscia should have had more vote given the Angels dealt with a lot of pitching injuries and still had the best record in baseball in a season many expected them to finish 3rd in their division.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Ned Yost is the dumbest manager in either league.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Ned Yost is the dumbest manager in either league.

On one hand Ned does a lot of things that should be bad. On the other hand he consistently has positive expected wins based on the results of those plays.

It's one thing to say that Yost is lucky. But he sure does keep getting lucky.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Trout and Kershaw are your MVPs.

• Options
    This is my shocked face.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Giancarlo Stanton getting PAID

13 years, $325 mil, no trade, opt out clauses

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Sox sign hanley 5/90 and Pablo Sandoval for 5/100

Hot stove!!

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Sandoval will hit 25 home runs against the Tigers every year. Only Nelson Cruz scares me more.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    http://blogs.seattletimes.com/mariners/2014/11/24/source-mariners-and-all-star-third-baseman-kyle-seager-agree-to-7-year-100-million-extension/

Kyle Seager is so old school he gets paid 100 million to remain a mariner. Wait shit that doesn't actually work.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    sox "close" to signing lester

hot stove!

hot stove!!

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    http://blogs.seattletimes.com/mariners/2014/11/24/source-mariners-and-all-star-third-baseman-kyle-seager-agree-to-7-year-100-million-extension/

Kyle Seager is so old school he gets paid 100 million to remain a mariner. Wait shit that doesn't actually work.

This news made me happy. Now if the Ms can find one or two other good+ hitters they can be a WC team next year.

• Options
    http://m.mariners.mlb.com/news/article/102845050/nelson-cruz-agrees-to-deal-with-mariners

M's are going in to Cruz control...

He is 34, but he's been playing really well.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    And if they can get to the playoffs, he would single handedly eliminate the Tigers.

• Options
    007ctrl_room007ctrl_room Registered User regular
    king felix and chris sale > kluber

LFGdating | In twenty years I'll still be playing Red Alert ... and Goldeneye.
  • Options
    007ctrl_room007ctrl_room Registered User regular
    http://m.mariners.mlb.com/news/article/102845050/nelson-cruz-agrees-to-deal-with-mariners

M's are going in to Cruz control...

He is 34, but he's been playing really well.

i think this puts the M's in the divisional crown conversation now, which is still maybe the best division in baseball even if oakland may fade

LFGdating | In twenty years I'll still be playing Red Alert ... and Goldeneye.
  • Options
    Eh I wouldn't start counting our chickens, Cruz is on the wrong side of 30, cano broke his toe in japan, and they are still the mariners. Still I'm happy they are trying to get hitters and more reliable bats, it was amazing what just having Cano did for the offense this year.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    king felix and chris sale > kluber

Nah kluber is (based on 2014) better than sale

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Torii Hunter back to the Twins on a one year deal.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Torii Hunter back to the Twins on a one year deal.

Twins fan here. I always follow the former twins as they carry on their careers elsewhere in search of championships and money. I don't blame them ever for chasing those things. I'm so happy when they come back.

Now we just need David Ortiz back.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Rays postseason has been a dumpster fire so far. Losing Maddon, vague threats about moving the team to Montreal, more gridlock on the Trop issue, very untested choice as manager.

Gonna be a long summer, I think.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Man, the A's are just getting rid of everyone it seems. Josh Donaldson went to the Blue Jays, Brandon Moss to the Indians, and now Jeff Samardzija is rumored to be traded to the White Sox. Maybe in a couple years all the prospects they are acquiring will pay off and get them further into the playoffs.

I just hope the Angels can find some sucker to take CJ Wilson off their hands so they can pursue better free agent pitching, or ignore the luxury tax threshold and do it whether they trade Wilson or not.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Got to meet Charlie Furbush at a signing this weekend that was cool. He was late though because he's a relief pitcher and Lloyd hadn't made the call yet... Well that and it was at Bellevue charlie doesn't strike me as a person who goes to Bellevue very often.

Mariners already have Cruz jersey's printed and in their team stores, they have a funny marketing campaign going on where they put what looks like a ticket on someones car and then put a decal of a baseball through their windshield indicating they are in the Boomstick zone. I'm going to be sad if he puts up kevin mitchell numbers.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yankees are done with Ichiro, which means the mariners could give him a griffey fair well tour, its literally the least they could do since they kind of broke him in the first place.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Are Cubs fans getting excited yet?

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Are Cubs fans getting excited yet?

I would say that it's time to put a little money on the cubbies.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    To finish under .500? Yep. To trade lester after the all star break? Probably.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Cubs finish with 99 wins. Miss playoffs.

• Options
    Back to the Future would never lie to me, son.

• Options
    I would say that if the cubs won the world series their fans would kill themselves because they wouldn't know what to do.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hoverboards!

• Options
    Hoverboards!

Did you not see the video with Tony Hawk?

BttF is still 100% accurate.

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Hoverboards!

Did you not see the video with Tony Hawk?

BttF is still 100% accurate.

Marlins to move to the AL? Winter meetings aren't over yet.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Dodgers have been busy today. Jimmy Rollins from the Phillies, Howie Kendrick from the Angels, close to a four year deal with Brandon McCarthy. Dan Haren and Dee Gordon went to the Marlins.

Best of luck to Howie Kendrick on his new team, hope the trade works out for both the Angels and the Dodgers. I wonder if the Angels will go after any notable free agents after shedding some salary on that trade. Angels ended up getting lefty pitching prospect Andrew Heaney, who changed teams twice today going from Marlins to the Dodgers to the Angels.

And then the Angels turn around and trade for Josh Rutledge from the Rockies, so probably our new second baseman.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    Rick Porcello eh? I can dig it

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    That trade is a little odd. Maybe Tigers are confident about Scherzer then?

Porcello's a good fit for Fenway, theoretically. Loooots of ground balls.

• Options
    Royals rumored to have reacquired Kendrys Morales. Mariners got a left hander from the stros a rollins.

Not sad to see Morales go, he did shit for the m's at DH.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.