As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [MLB] Offseason

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    John Axford out due to son being bit twice by a rattlesnake

Ugh. Starting to feel a little cursed. Hopefully his son recovers with his foot intact or maybe missing just a toe at most. But damn it he was one of the bullpen moves we made this year that could be okay.

*sigh*

I have heard of a team being snake bit, I have never heard of a team being literally snake bit not even diamond backs.

I am as a fan worried about the King this year he's had a terrible spring and his last start he got rocked for 7 runs. He blamed some new leg work out but jesus Felix. At this point I'd want them to start Walker over you to kick the season off...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    King Felix has been abnormally healthy during his abnormally long career as an abnormally good pitcher.

Maybe it's finally catching up to him?

King Felix has been abnormally healthy during his abnormally long career as an abnormally good pitcher.

Or he just doesn't try as hard in spring training, looking it up he pitched like shit in spring training last year too. Lloyd's not worried and I guess I shouldn't.

It is crazy that Felix has been very good, for very long and having to pitch a ton because the mariners sucked the entire time he was throwing for them. Like he has more innings pitched than any other pitcher in the same time frame by a large freaking margin.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Or he just doesn't try as hard in spring training, looking it up he pitched like shit in spring training last year too. Lloyd's not worried and I guess I shouldn't.

It is crazy that Felix has been very good, for very long and having to pitch a ton because the mariners sucked the entire time he was throwing for them. Like he has more innings pitched than any other pitcher in the same time frame by a large freaking margin.

He's also still under 30. Which is ridiculous when you think about it.

And he's not exactly a Jamie Moyer type off speed pitcher. He's not as fast as he used to be, but he can still bring heat.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    A little tongue and cheek as we move up to opening day.

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/04/01/115680786/heres-how-your-favorite-team-will-win-the-2015-world-series

The Rockies one was a bit too close to the truth with the call up.
    Rockies: Treading water at midseason, the Rockies call up 88-year-old Lew Dunlap from Fantasy Camp to Coors Field. Dunlap's pinch-hitting and mound-charging ways give the team the boost they need. With pitchers afraid to incur Dunlap's wrath, they sweep their way to a World Series.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    A little tongue and cheek as we move up to opening day.

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/04/01/115680786/heres-how-your-favorite-team-will-win-the-2015-world-series

The Rockies one was a bit too close to the truth with the call up.
    Rockies: Treading water at midseason, the Rockies call up 88-year-old Lew Dunlap from Fantasy Camp to Coors Field. Dunlap's pinch-hitting and mound-charging ways give the team the boost they need. With pitchers afraid to incur Dunlap's wrath, they sweep their way to a World Series.

Oh the Twins one is good too. *sigh* we aren't getting better this year...

I like the mariners one, if only because it highlights the horrendous fashion choices of some of the team. At least miller cut his god damn hair.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Outside the Boston contingent and maybe the like 2 yankees fans and the cardinal folks do we have anyone in the thread that roots for a team with a chance?

u7stthr17eud.png
    Outside the Boston contingent and maybe the like 2 yankees fans and the cardinal folks do we have anyone in the thread that roots for a team with a chance?

Mariners are rated a number 3 team this year in the league by Bleacher report I believe and picked to win the AL! No one in Seattle believes that but...

Also we have some Angel fans here and they are a perennial play off team much to my utter hatred.

pleasepaypreacher.net

Mariners are rated a number 3 team this year in the league by Bleacher report I believe and picked to win the AL! No one in Seattle believes that but...

Also we have some Angel fans here and they are a perennial play off team much to my utter hatred.

And a perennial playoff failure much to your delight.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Well there is that, but they did win the world series recently, where the mariners have never even been let alone won.

I also think we have some Oakland fans and I know Gooey is a Rangers fan, but I'm hoping neither of those teams are worth a damn this year. Oakland so the cult of Billy Beane shuts the fuck up, and Texas because fuck the rangers, fuck the rangers long and hard.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Braves: Andrelton Simmons' range begins growing uncontrollably, engulfing baseballs from MLB games in other cities. The entire season must be played out in Atlanta and home field advantage powers the Braves to a World Series title.

This checks out.

Keith O had Lloyd McClendon on the worst persons in the sports world for getting thrown out of a spring training game and having to do a walk of shame which is total bullshit! I'd say its practice for the 50+ games Lloyd is going to get tossed out of this year.

I had to laugh though Lloyd got tossed for shouting from the dug out and he's such a soft spoken guy the idea of him shouting anything is foreign to me.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Oakland Represent

In Billy We Trust

Oakland Represent

In Billy We Trust to get us to an early play off exit

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Really? Trash talk from a Mariners fan? About Billy Beane?

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Billy's magic ends in September. He has no power in October.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Braves: Andrelton Simmons' range begins growing uncontrollably, engulfing baseballs from MLB games in other cities. The entire season must be played out in Atlanta and home field advantage powers the Braves to a World Series title.

snrk

Really? Trash talk from a Mariners fan? About Billy Beane?

I can't stand how your garbage teams consistently beat the mariners even though the m's have sucked consistently for like a decade. They have never money balled they just cheaped out like the Astros up until the cano thing.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    http://deadspin.com/the-angels-dont-want-josh-hamilton-back-1695524055

Hamilton will face no punishment as what he did didn't violate league rules.

The angels are confused as to how that happened and don't want him back.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

Yeah they are mad they can't get him out of that contract.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

Even with the prospect of another mediocre Rangers season looming, this puts a giant shit-eating grin on my face.

Pins!
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015

Yeah, if Hamilton wasn't untradeable before, after this offseason he sure as hell is now. Angels are stuck paying him for three more years of coke, surgery, and possibly some mediocre baseball somewhere in there.

Also, Woot, Opening Day and such. The only reason I wish I had cable right now is baseball since anything else on TV ends up somewhere online eventually, whether it is Netflix, Amazon Prime, or other sources. I don't feel a need to watch them right when they air. But I also don't feel like paying for cable just for baseball. Should be a good game tomorrow to open the Mariners and Angels seasons. Always fun to see Weaver and Hernandez on the hill in the same game.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited April 2015
    Going to it Eelek! And then on saturday I believe, seeing a lot of m's games this year.

Cubs are not looking good, then again thats the cubs, they have left like 3 or 4 opening doubles stranded, its like watching the mariners already! Although bathroom wait times are apparently an hour in waiting at the game though, which is not like Safeco so uhh good renovations cubbies!

There was even a Phil Coke sighting! He had two on and he struck out two to end the inning with no runs scored, so maybe it wasn't Phil.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CauldCauld Registered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »

Yeah, if Hamilton wasn't untradeable before, after this offseason he sure as hell is now. Angels are stuck paying him for three more years of coke, surgery, and possibly some mediocre baseball somewhere in there.

Also, Woot, Opening Day and such. The only reason I wish I had cable right now is baseball since anything else on TV ends up somewhere online eventually, whether it is Netflix, Amazon Prime, or other sources. I don't feel a need to watch them right when they air. But I also don't feel like paying for cable just for baseball. Should be a good game tomorrow to open the Mariners and Angels seasons. Always fun to see Weaver and Hernandez on the hill in the same game.

Not sure if you care, but in past years MLB.TV had 1 free game a day. If you're only keeping cable for baseball, but 1 random game/day is enough for you, that might work

Opening Day! Will your team be projected to go 0-162? Find out today!

Yankees using Star Wars music but not Imperial March during player introductions is just wrong.

Did anyone else see that attempted throwing of the home run ball back into the field? Is everyone okay that was in the path of that toss?

Anyone else watching this Yankees blue jays game? It's the only one on my tv.

edited April 2015
    Trout won the first match up vs Felix. Time to call it in Ms fans! :) Man and Jackson almost got that as it was going over the fence.

Jubal77 on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So amusing to see Felix Hernandez with a 27.00 ERA.

(She/Her)
    edited April 2015
    9ERA with 3Ks 1inn pitched.... so Felix.

Edit: 7in 2 hits 1BB 10ks... SO Felix.

Jubal77 on
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    God it's good to have Baseball back. Also nice to see Clay pitch well... granted it was against the Phillies.

Rockies rocked the Brewers today. 10-0 and Kendrick wasn't a complete waste.

I will take it.

Now we just need the rest to get back healthy and maybe we can go .500 this year!

I set my expectations low.

u7stthr17eud.png
    I had a guest today telling me how he was hoping the Phillies had a good year.

I... I just felt so bad for him. Poor deluded soul.

Sonny Gray is up to something in Oakland folks. Might want to take a peak

edited April 2015
    Not sure if this game or losing Darvish is hurting more...

(and right as I post that the Rangers put up a hit...SLUMPBUSTED...but we're still getting our asses handed to us)

orthancstone on
    Pins!
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Sonny Gray is up to something in Oakland folks. Might want to take a peak

The jinx lives.

Lh96QHG.png
This discussion has been closed.