As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quentin [Chat]rantino

21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short![They/Them]Registered User regular
edited September 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse
wR3pr1E.gif

Quentin Tarantino is an American filmmaker.

His powers include:
-Filmmaking
-Telekinesis
-Making dorky music amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qsgBF7ZIsk

Quentin Tarantino directed 8 feature films:
  • Reservoir Dogs
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Jackie Brown
  • Kill Bill: Vol. 1
  • Kill Bill: Vol. 2
  • Grindhouse Segment: Death Proof
  • Inglourious Basterds
  • Django Unchained

He also directed a sequence in his good friend Robert Rodriguez' film, Sin city.

Thanks to him, we also have learned of this man

j4vJFWO.gif
(Pictured: Christoph Waltz)

His powers include:
-Capable of speaking all known languages
-Uncanny Marksmanship
-Super-Giddyness

21stCentury on

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    boobs

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    wat

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    marry me zamfir

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    This jazz band is pretty great.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    we made a chat about @syndalis ?

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    to satisfyingly drive a 120hz display- especially at higher resolutions- don't you need a redunkulously expensive gfx setup

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Now i can check two things on my bucket list.

[x]Make a [chat] thread
    [x]Make a Quentin Tarantino thread

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    12 days

I will have the broadband in 12 days.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    There is an entomologist ex-beekeeper around here who used to live in some African country. He originally went there as part of the Peace Corps. He left soon after his beekeeping business was taken away from him under one of those anti-white ethnic nationalist things. I believe the business soon fell apart due to the lack of anyone qualified to run it properly.

Keeping African bees requires balls.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

[x]Make a [chat] thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik-RsDGPI5Y

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    wR3pr1E.gif

Quentin Tarantino is an American filmmaker.

His powers include:
    -Filmmaking
    -Telekinesis
    -Making dorky music amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qsgBF7ZIsk

Best track from a Tarantino film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b1wt3-zpzQ&noredirect=1

sig.gif
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    There is an entomologist ex-beekeeper around here who used to live in some African country. He originally went there as part of the Peace Corps. He left soon after his beekeeping business was taken away from him under one of those anti-white ethnic nationalist things. I believe the business soon fell apart due to the lack of anyone qualified to run it properly.

Keeping African bees requires balls.

This reminded me that I saw a car with a 'Kony 2012' bumper sticker yesterday.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

[x]Make a [chat] thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik-RsDGPI5Y

The look one the faces in this scene always makes me grin.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    I've wanted the opening few bars from little green bag as a ringtone for years. But I'm lazy.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    redx wrote: »
    I've wanted the opening few bars from little green bag as a ringtone for years. But I'm lazy.

Mine is still Lost woods from Ocarina of time.

So far, the best ringtone I've ever had.

sig.gif
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I wanted to use a part of Terminal March from the Bastion Soundtrack as my ringtone by A) I never turn the ringer on and B) The ringtone never works because my cellphone is poop from a butt.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    mine is EXPRESS YOURSELF

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    mine is EXPRESS YOURSELF

Good choice!

sig.gif
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-aexLJKwME

0:29-0:40ish

But i never leave the ringer on, i find it too distracting.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    mine is EXPRESS YOURSELF

excellent selection -- mine used to be guile's theme and is currently wily's stage theme from megaman 2

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    TehSloth wrote: »
    mine is EXPRESS YOURSELF

excellent selection -- mine used to be guile's theme and is currently wily's stage theme from megaman 2

Both excellent choiches.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    my ,message tone is currently this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCjyiEOZP44&noredirect=1

NO REGRETS!

Edit: 21st - great choice, turn that ringer on and up!

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I use x-men and JLA cartoon theme music for my phone alarms/ringers.

• Options
    HerrCron wrote: »

NO REGRETS!

Like i said, it doesn't work.

Because i have a shitty phone.

But when i get a new one, i might change that! :D

• Options
    Dear Ms. Manners,
    I'd like to get oral pleasure from my girlfriend but she seems oblivious to my needs. Even after I've bought her flowers, taken her out to dinner, and treated her to front seats at her favorite musical, she hasn't clued in to the fact that I enjoy a little attention below my belt every now and then. How can I politely send a hint regarding my wants?
    Gus

Dear Gus,
    Tell her you want a blowjob.
    Ms. Manners

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    why do I let myself argue with nationalists

Geez, Ronya, really?
    Believe me, I am hardly going to be righteously demanding that a majority culture cease to enforce its domination on a minority culture.

It's the self-righteous preening that gets to me. The smiling insistence that this is for your own good, don't you know, that the state must most regretfully harass your businesses and your schools and prevent you from setting up any new businesses or schools because that would be colonialism, don't you want to integrate? And that anything resistance is hateful bigotry against them because, don't you know, the British brought your great-grandfathers here and no matter what, no matter whether we give you citizenship and an ID card and let you keep your schools and neighbourhoods and churches for now, you will always, and forever, be guests here in our homeland. We stand equal as citizens - as long you obey us always. And in the thoroughly unfortunate event that you defy us, well, we will come with our knives and expel you from this land forever.

Because this is Malaysia, and it is the homeland of the Malays.

But don't worry, we will definitely be thoroughly reasonable in arbitrating any disputes when we outnumber you nine to one instead of two to one.

I think you're projecting a lot about the Quebec issues.

Possibly. But, conversely, I think you're failing to be objective.

You, at least, are aware that the linguistic nationalism isn't quite as pure in thought as one would prefer - that there is some scrabbling around for excuses to harass people who, inconveniently, do speak French. Therefore: headdress laws. But I was quite stunned when notdroid whipped out "masters in our own home" and then said that it isn't based in xenophobia and racism.

Well, it's not, actually, about xenophobia in that context. have you read his post?

This was said in a time period where the high earners were anglophones and where francophones were not even allowed to get promotion and refused service for speaking french. Not for not speaking english, but for speaking French in the first place.

The French Canadians have been an underclass for a loooong-ass time since the British won the war.

i mean, i don't see what's so abhorrent about forcing public services to serve Francophones when Francophones are the majority in the province. Especially when, historically, being a Francophone was reason enough to refuse service.

aaaand?

I mean, there's a reason I invoked this marvellously analagous situation.

What can i say, i'm dense.

What is abhorrent about forcing public services to serve francophones in french and what's the optimal situation?

There is nothing abhorrent about that, actually. The obvious question is whether the minority Anglophones will served in English, and whether they will continue to be served in English in the future, after decades of demographic engineering with the deliberate end of ensuring Francophone dominance in the political process.

Even failing to do that is not necessarily problematic, conditional on some self-awareness that one is, in fact, trying to remove a minority culture because it's not part of your national identity. It is one thing to harass people into emigration via threats and hostility and a thousand cuts on your businesses and schools; it is quite another to do so while patting yourself on the back for how kind you are whilst doing so.

Sometimes the gains from cultural engineering are enormous, and it may be well worth pursuing forced assimilation just to avoid decades of simmering violence. As I said, I am hardly going to say that this is inherently vile. It's the hypocrisy that I find repellent. At the very least, the awareness that you are doing something that imposes large costs on your ethnic minority should deter you from hand-wringing about the ill-treatment your great-grandfathers got.

i am fairly sure public services in Quebec have to be offered in both French AND English. i know all federal services have to be offered in both.

The threats thing i really don't agree with (I am quite against the charter for forced secularism hiding as the charter of Quebec Values.) As far as i know, there aren't any cuts against businesses owned by ethnic groups. Hell, i'm not advocating against immigrants keeping their culture, i'm merely for immigrants learning French in order to be able to function outside their communities. And i don't think it's by forcing them but rather by giving them incentives to do so that will work.

It is for their own good to learn French, but it's not by forcing them with threats.

hope we can agree on that...

You may like to peruse this page. If you say: I don't see how any of these could impose any costs on minority businesses or minority employees, substitute "English" for "French" throughout and read it again.

It is not possible for an Anglophone to operate an Anglophone business employing fifty Anglophones without submitting to Francization, even if all of them are in western Montreal. The rights of the Francophone who may one day work there are too important.

The geography of Canada means that most of its people stay in the warmer south, and both Quebec City and Montreal have substantial Anglophone communities. Unfortunately, this means that immigrants can function outside their communities by learning English; indeed, if they could, they probably would do so. Immigration to Canada draws extensively from Anglicized societies elsewhere in the world. And because Quebec has sub-replacement fertility, we both know that a flow of immigrants adopting English instead of French would steadily erode the Francophone numerical majority. It is for this reason that your language law prevents immigrants from sending their children to English medium schools.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Hey Thai restaurant on campus.

• Options
    Should I stay and listen to the rest of the concert, or go home and drink with roommates? Next up is Frank Zappa.

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    Should I stay and listen to the rest of the concert, or go home and drink with roommates? Next up is Frank Zappa.

two-face.jpg

• Options

NO REGRETS!

Excellent.
    That said, i might change my ringtone from Lost Woods to that piece from Bastion

sig.gif
  • Options
    No quarter.

• Options

Geez, Ronya, really?
    Believe me, I am hardly going to be righteously demanding that a majority culture cease to enforce its domination on a minority culture.

It's the self-righteous preening that gets to me. The smiling insistence that this is for your own good, don't you know, that the state must most regretfully harass your businesses and your schools and prevent you from setting up any new businesses or schools because that would be colonialism, don't you want to integrate? And that anything resistance is hateful bigotry against them because, don't you know, the British brought your great-grandfathers here and no matter what, no matter whether we give you citizenship and an ID card and let you keep your schools and neighbourhoods and churches for now, you will always, and forever, be guests here in our homeland. We stand equal as citizens - as long you obey us always. And in the thoroughly unfortunate event that you defy us, well, we will come with our knives and expel you from this land forever.

But don't worry, we will definitely be thoroughly reasonable in arbitrating any disputes when we outnumber you nine to one instead of two to one.

You, at least, are aware that the linguistic nationalism isn't quite as pure in thought as one would prefer - that there is some scrabbling around for excuses to harass people who, inconveniently, do speak French. Therefore: headdress laws. But I was quite stunned when notdroid whipped out "masters in our own home" and then said that it isn't based in xenophobia and racism.

Well, it's not, actually, about xenophobia in that context. have you read his post?

This was said in a time period where the high earners were anglophones and where francophones were not even allowed to get promotion and refused service for speaking french. Not for not speaking english, but for speaking French in the first place.

The French Canadians have been an underclass for a loooong-ass time since the British won the war.

i mean, i don't see what's so abhorrent about forcing public services to serve Francophones when Francophones are the majority in the province. Especially when, historically, being a Francophone was reason enough to refuse service.

aaaand?

What is abhorrent about forcing public services to serve francophones in french and what's the optimal situation?

There is nothing abhorrent about that, actually. The obvious question is whether the minority Anglophones will served in English, and whether they will continue to be served in English in the future, after decades of demographic engineering with the deliberate end of ensuring Francophone dominance in the political process.

Even failing to do that is not necessarily problematic, conditional on some self-awareness that one is, in fact, trying to remove a minority culture because it's not part of your national identity. It is one thing to harass people into emigration via threats and hostility and a thousand cuts on your businesses and schools; it is quite another to do so while patting yourself on the back for how kind you are whilst doing so.

Sometimes the gains from cultural engineering are enormous, and it may be well worth pursuing forced assimilation just to avoid decades of simmering violence. As I said, I am hardly going to say that this is inherently vile. It's the hypocrisy that I find repellent. At the very least, the awareness that you are doing something that imposes large costs on your ethnic minority should deter you from hand-wringing about the ill-treatment your great-grandfathers got.

i am fairly sure public services in Quebec have to be offered in both French AND English. i know all federal services have to be offered in both.

The threats thing i really don't agree with (I am quite against the charter for forced secularism hiding as the charter of Quebec Values.) As far as i know, there aren't any cuts against businesses owned by ethnic groups. Hell, i'm not advocating against immigrants keeping their culture, i'm merely for immigrants learning French in order to be able to function outside their communities. And i don't think it's by forcing them but rather by giving them incentives to do so that will work.

It is for their own good to learn French, but it's not by forcing them with threats.

You may like to peruse this page. If you say: I don't see how any of these could impose any costs on minority businesses or minority employees, substitute "English" for "French" throughout and read it again.

It is not possible for an Anglophone to operate an Anglophone business employing fifty Anglophones without submitting to Francization, even if all of them are in western Montreal. The rights of the Francophone who may one day work there are too important.

The geography of Canada means that most of its people stay in the warmer south, and both Quebec City and Montreal have substantial Anglophone communities. Unfortunately, this means that immigrants can function outside their communities by learning English; indeed, if they could, they probably would do so. Immigration to Canada draws extensively from Anglicized societies elsewhere in the world. And because Quebec has sub-replacement fertility, we both know that a flow of immigrants adopting English instead of French would steadily erode the Francophone numerical majority. It is for this reason that your language law prevents immigrants from sending their children to English medium schools.

I doubt we'll see eye-to-eye on this, but i think it's important that businesses be able to serve people in French and i think it's important that Quebec keeps it's language.

The language laws are far from perfect, i know that, but language is kind of a huge part of the culture, and culture is kind of a hugely important thing to, well, most people.

• Options

NO REGRETS!

Excellent.
    That said, i might change my ringtone from Lost Woods to that piece from Bastion

it's a good one!

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013

Geez, Ronya, really?

aaaand?

I doubt we'll see eye-to-eye on this, but i think it's important that businesses be able to serve people in French and i think it's important that Quebec keeps it's language.

The language laws are far from perfect, i know that, but language is kind of a huge part of the culture, and culture is kind of a hugely important thing to, well, most people.

You've said so before.

I do trust that is obvious that if your answer to "but this is an injustice" is "but it's important Quebec keeps its language", then you are acknowledging that Anglophone Quebecers should not have a right to influence what that language is.

Like I wrote in my original snark: we stand equal as citizens, but only if you obey us always.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options

NO REGRETS!

Excellent.

it's a good one!

To be fair the bastion soundtrack is probably the best thing about that game.
    And that's saying something considering how good everything else in that game was.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, supergiant has a ringtone pack

bought

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Dis is good pad thai.

• Options
    TehSloth wrote: »
    mine is EXPRESS YOURSELF

i want to change it to the drop from this but for some reason it's only on the UK itunes

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    my message tone is currently this

http://www.youtub e.com/watch?v=lCjyiEOZP44&noredirect=1

NO REGRETS!

my text message tone is a clip from helloween's ss2 playthrough ("why do they wave; stop waving, that's creepy")

and I have
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPVb0pomFJ0

as the ringtone

been meaning to cut it down to just the fanfare, but lazy

This discussion has been closed.