As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[AGoT; tCG] A Game of Thrones: TCG #2 Restart - Game Over - Stark Wins With Big Dogs

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    No

• Options
    robinlambertrobinlambert Registered User regular
    NO

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular

I catch pox and have take to bed and TARGARYEN finally decides to rush in!?

Just......dammit. I could've saved the kingdom from the Wolf. You fools don't deserve my benevolent rule.

I retire to Casterly Rock, and await Winter's assault.

I literally have no plays left. I am so disappointed with how this game went.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    In-Play Cards

Stark - Phyphor
    med_gallery_11_140249.jpg
    med_gallery_11_329823.jpg
    med_gallery_1_6_139074.jpgffg_gallery_1_6_31573.jpgffg_gallery_11_102744.jpgffg_gallery_1_6_239694.jpg
    med_gallery_1_6_25230.jpg
    med_gallery_11_237302.jpg
    med_gallery_6_278672.jpgmed_gallery_11_247787.jpgmed_gallery_11_247787.jpgmed_gallery_11_9810.jpg

Standing

CHARACTER - Eddard Stark - Unique - Cost: 4 - STR: 3 - Icon: Military, Power - Lord. - Stalwart. Renown. Deadly. - Eddard Stark claims 1 power when he comes into play. - Crest: Noble

CHARACTER - House Tully Septon - Cost: 2 - STR: 3 - Icon: Intrigue - Septon. House Tully. - House Tully Septon cannot attack, and does not kneel to defend. - Crest: Holy
    ATTACHMENT - Grey Wind - Unique - Cost: 1 - Creature. Direwolf. - Any phase: Kneel Grey Wind to choose and kill 1 character with STR 1 or lower. (STR 2 or lower if attached character is Robb Stark.)
    ATTACHMENT - Nymeria - Unique - Cost: 2 - Creature. Direwolf. - House Stark character only. - Response: Kneel Nymeria to save attached character from being killed. If attached character is Arya Stark, she also gets +1 STR and gains stealth.
    ATTACHMENT - Shaggydog - Unique - Cost: 1 - Creature. Direwolf. - After you win a challenge in which attached character participated, stand Shaggydog. Challenges: Kneel a Direwolf card to choose 1 attacking character. Until the end of the phase, that character gets -2 STR.

CHARACTER - Bran Stark - Unique - Cost: 2 - STR: 2 - Icon: Power - Lord. - No attachments except Direwolf. After you lose an Intrigue challenge, kill Bran Stark (cannot be saved). Response: After you win an Intrigue challenge as the defender, Bran Stark claims 5 power.

CHARACTER - Kennel Master - Cost: 2 - STR: 2 - Icon: Military - Ally. - Kennel Master gets +1 STR for each Direwolf in play. While you control 3 or more Direwolf cards, Kennel Master gains: "Response: Save Kennel Master from being killed or discarded, and return him to his owner's hand."

LOCATION - Frozen Outpost - Cost: 2 - Winterfell. Stronghold. - Challenges: Kneel Frozen Outpost to choose and stand 1 defending character. Until the end of the challenge, that character gets +2 STR (+4 STR instead if it is a War character).

LOCATION - Godswood - Cost: 2 - Winterfell. - Limited. - Marshalling: Kneel Godswood to lower the cost of the next House Stark character you play this phase by 2.

LOCATION - Godswood - Cost: 2 - Winterfell. - Limited. - Marshalling: Kneel Godswood to lower the cost of the next House Stark character you play this phase by 2.

LOCATION - Winterfell Kennels - Cost: 2 - Winterfell. - Any Phase: Kneel Winterfell Kennels and pay 1 gold to search your deck for a Direwolf card, reveal that card to all players, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your deck.

Kneeling

gallery_11_347050.jpg
    PLOT - Building Season - Inc: 4 Init: 1 Claim: 1 - When revealed, choose an opponent. Then, you and that opponent must each search your decks for a location, reveal it, and put it into your hands. Then, shuffle your decks.

House Power = 7
    Eddard Stark Power = 2
    Bran Stark Power = 5
    Gold Pool = 0
    Cards in Hand = 5

Baratheon - jdarksun
    med_gallery_11_304322.jpgffg_gallery_11_195836.jpg
    med_gallery_11_309854.jpg
    med_gallery_65_303244.jpg
    med_gallery_11_83604.jpg
    med_gallery_11_95831.jpgmed_gallery_65_348299.jpgmed_gallery_65_33588.jpg

Standing

HOUSE ATTACHED LOCATION - King Robert's Chambers - Unique - Cost: 1 - King's Landing. - You may choose to play King Robert's Chambers as an attachment to your House card. - +1 Gold. 1 Influence.

CHARACTER - Knight of the Rainwood - Cost: 2 - STR: 2 - Icon: Military, Power - Knight. - No attachments except Weapon. Knight of the Rainwood cannot be discarded from play.

CHARACTER - Veteran Knight - Cost: 2 - STR: 2 - Icon: Military - Knight. - No attachments except Weapon. While Veteran Knight is attacking or defending, opponent's participating characters lose all War crests. - Crest: War

CHARACTER - Dothraki Honor Guard - Cost: 4 - STR: 4 - Icon: Military, Power - Army. Dothraki. - No attachments. Challenges: You may put Dothraki Honor Guard into play from your hand, under the control of any opponent. After that opponent wins a challenge in which Dothraki Honor Guard participated, take control of Dothraki Honor Guard.

LOCATION - Aegon's Garden - Cost: 0 - Dragonstone. - Limited. - +1 Gold.

LOCATION - The Roseroad - Cost: 0 - Westeros. - Limited. - +1 Gold.

LOCATION - The Stormlands - Unique - Cost: 2 - Kingdom. - Your revealed plot card gains the Power Struggle trait. If it has the printed Power Struggle trait, raise your claim value by 1 during Power challenges.

Kneeling

gallery_65_50563.jpg
    PLOT - The King's Law - Inc: 3 Init: 9 Claim: 1 - At the end of the marshalling phase, discard all cards in Shadows.

House Power = 6
    Gold Pool = 0
    Cards in Hand = 1

Targaryen - robinlambert
    med_gallery_11_80409.jpg
    med_gallery_11_17180.jpgmed_shade-of-the-evening-qod.jpg
    med_blue-lipped-warlock-qod.jpg
    med_gallery_11_358153.jpgmed_gallery_11_220898.jpgmed_kingsroad-fiefdom-qod.jpgmed_myrish-villa-qod.jpgmed_plaza-of-pride-qod.jpg

Standing

CHARACTER - Brown Ben Plumm - Unique - Cost: 0 - STR: 2 - Icon: Military - Mercenary.
    ATTACHMENT - Shade of the Evening - Cost: 2 - Item. - Attached character gains a Military, an Intrigue, and a Power icon. Response: After you win a challenge in which attached character participated, look at the top 3 cards of your deck (5 if it is Summer), put 1 into your hand, then return the others to the top of your deck, in any order.

CHARACTER - Blue-Lipped Warlock - Cost: 2 - STR: 1 - Icon: Intrigue - Ally. Qartheen. - Blue-Lipped Warlock does not kneel to attack. Dominance: Return Blue-Lipped Warlock from your dead pile to your hand. Use this ability only if there are at least 3 characters in your dead pile.

LOCATION - Eastern Fiefdoms - Cost: 1 - Free Cities. - Limited. - Marshalling: Kneel Eastern Fiefdoms to lower the cost of the next House Targaryen card you play this phase by 1. - 1 Influence.

LOCATION - Great Pyramid - Cost: 2 - Free Cities. - Limited. - Marshalling: Kneel Great Pyramid to lower the cost of the next House Targaryen character you play this phase by 2.

LOCATION - Kingsroad Fiefdom - Cost: 2 - Westeros. - 2 Influence. +2 Initiative.

LOCATION - Myrish Villa - Cost: 1 - Free Cities. - Any Phase: Kneel 1 influence to put Myrish Villa into play from your hand. Marshalling: Kneel Myrish Villa to lower the cost of the next Targaryen card you play this phase by 1 (by 2 instead if it is Summer).

LOCATION - Plaza of Pride - Unique - Cost: 2 - The East. - Challenges: Kneel Plaza of Pride to give an attacking Targaryen Army character you control either Stealth or Deadly until the end of the phase.

Kneeling

waste-their-time-qod.jpg
    PLOT - Waste Their Time - Inc: 2 Init: 1 Claim: 1 - Power Struggle. When revealed, look at each opponent's hand. Then choose 1 card from each of those hands and shuffle it into its owner's deck.

House Power = 1
    Gold Pool = 0
    Cards in Hand = 1

Lannister - Matev
    med_gallery_11_302160.jpg
    med_darkened-hallways-lotr.jpgmed_street-of-silk-lotr.jpgmed_gallery_11_394280.jpg

Standing

LOCATION - Darkened Hallways - Cost: 0 - Lannisport. - Response: After you win an Intrigue challenge, kneel Darkened Hallways to look at the top 2 cards of any player's deck. Put one of those cards on top of the deck and the other on the bottom.

LOCATION - The Goldroad - Cost: 0 - Westeros. - Limited. - +1 Gold.

LOCATION - Street of Silk - Unique - Cost: 0 - King's Landing. - Limt 1 per deck. - After you play Street of Silk, choose and discard one of your locations from play (cannot be saved). Marshalling: Kneel Street of Silk to lower the cost of the next unique character you play this phase by 2.

Kneeling

all-the-gold-in-casterly-rock-lotr.jpg
    PLOT - All the Gold in Casterly Rock - Inc: 3 Init: 3 Claim: 1 - Each Lannister location you control adds +1 to your income.

House Power = 1
    Gold Pool = 0
    Cards in Hand = 1

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    1. Plot
    Step 1: Choose and Reveal Plot Cards
    Each player chooses and reveals one plot card from his plot deck.
    The player with the highest total initiative (sum of your plot card’s initiative and any initiative bonuses on cards you control) wins initiative and chooses who will be the first player. He may choose himself. The first player then decides in which order the plot cards effect's are resolved.

Please select a Plot card and GIVE that card to me and we will resolve Initiative.

• Options
    Not quite. I'm at 14

• Options
    card given.

• Options
    Round 6 Plot Cards

Stark - Phyphor
    gallery_6_126608.jpg
    PLOT - Calm Before the Storm - Inc: 4 Init: 2 Claim: 1 - Characters and locations are immune to events this round.

Baratheon - jdarksun
    gallery_11_255047.jpg
    PLOT - Mutual Cause - Inc: 3 Init: 3 Claim: 2 - When revealed, if you have more than one opponent, choose an opponent. You and that opponent cannot declare Power challenges against one another this round.

Targaryen - robinlambert
    burning-bridges-qod.jpg
    PLOT - Burning Bridges - Inc: 5 Init: 0 Claim: 1 - Intrigue Gambit. Players cannot trigger abilities on character, location, and attachment cards in play.

Lannister - Matev
    gallery_11_393413.jpg
    PLOT - Wildfire Assault - Inc: 3 Init: 4 Claim: 1 - When revealed, each player chooses up to 3 of his or her characters. All characters not chosen are killed (cannot be saved).

Lannister - Matev wins the initiative and chooses who will be the first player. He may choose himself. He will get to choose a Title card first, but will also have to do Marshallling & Challenges first, (when defenses are still fresh), so it's kind of a mixed bag. The turn order will then proceed down the seating list, (i.e. If Targaryen is the first player, Lannister would go second, Stark would go third & Baratheon last.)

The first player will decide in which order the Plot cards effect's are resolved, which is the upcoming step.

@Matev, who's First Player?

• Options
    Sigh. You're going to make me do this the hard way aren't you?

• Options
    Does targ's plot means bran survives intrigue failures, since I cannot trigger that ability?

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Does targ's plot means bran survives intrigue failures, since I cannot trigger that ability?

Yes, Sir.
    Umm, no.

stever777 on

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Apparently yes
    (3.7) Card Abilities
    "Card abilities" (i.e. "Character ability,", "Location ability," or "Attachment ability") refers to anything in a card's text box, except for traits, keywords, and flavor text. "Card abilities" also refers to any abilities (again, keywords and traits are excluded) gained by card effects

This also wipes everyone's +gold locations too. Woo!

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Sigh. You're going to make me do this the hard way aren't you?

I haven't been able to to much else this game so I might as well do that.

• Options

Seriously, Targaryen, there's a reason we don't invite you to these games anymore....

Stark can go first. Maybe they'll grace us with a nice throw.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Well actually it turns a guaranteed win for me this turn into a probable next turn win by neutralizing all of my abilities and halving my marshalling, so it really is a good move. Should have been played last turn though

Anyway, the Kennel Master dies. @jdarksun to resolve his plot. I'll take regent (of course)

• Options
    @robinlambert @Matev What titles do you want here? My only card is worthless, but most of my cards are fairly expensive, so I'm torn between Master of Laws and Master of Coin. We need to burn as many of his cards as we can, which probably means somebody taking Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

I had intended to target Stark with my Plot Power, but I'm not sure that's the best course anymore.

• Options
    Should have been played last turn though.

I am trying to learn.

• Options
  • Options
    Yeah, I've only played one and a half games myself

• Options
    I'm card starved, so I'd like Laws if I can get it

Hail Hydra
  • Options
  • Options
    That's okay I have all characters. We can share!

• Options
    If only

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    I'll... send some over!

• Options
    Oh you......

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Besides, they're not intriguey enough for Lannister. All brute force

• Options
    @jdarksun to resolve his plot.

• Options
  • Options
    They probably won't know that until they draw their cards

• Options
    Pretty much

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Step 2: Select Titles
    Starting with the first player and proceeding clockwise, each player selects a title from the Small Council Chamber.

Stark - Phyphor
    Baratheon - @jdarksun
    Targaryen - @robinlambert
    Lannister - @Matev

pic1077525_lg.jpg
    pic1158227_lg.jpg

I'll take regent (of course)

• Options
    Law

@Matev

• Options
    Kingsguard.

@Stever777

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Lannister Kingsguard? What is this realm coming to?

Anyway, I summon The Blackfish... And that's that because of that Targaryen jerk

• Options
    In-Play Cards

Stark - Phyphor
    med_gallery_11_140249.jpg
    med_gallery_11_329823.jpg
    med_gallery_1_6_139074.jpgffg_gallery_1_6_31573.jpgffg_gallery_11_102744.jpgffg_gallery_1_6_239694.jpg
    med_gallery_1_6_25230.jpg
    med_gallery_11_237302.jpg
    med_gallery_6_278672.jpgmed_gallery_11_247787.jpgmed_gallery_11_247787.jpgmed_gallery_11_9810.jpg
    agotcr.jpg
    Crown Regent
    Add 3 to your side’s total STR in any Power challenge in which you have at least one participating character.
    Special ability: Once per round, after a player initiates a challenge and declares a target and attackers, you may make that player choose a new legal target. If there are no other legal targets, the attack goes through against the original target. Players can never choose to attack themselves.

Standing

CHARACTER - Eddard Stark - Unique - Cost: 4 - STR: 3 - Icon: Military, Power - Lord. - Stalwart. Renown. Deadly. - Eddard Stark claims 1 power when he comes into play. - Crest: Noble

CHARACTER - House Tully Septon - Cost: 2 - STR: 3 - Icon: Intrigue - Septon. House Tully. - House Tully Septon cannot attack, and does not kneel to defend. - Crest: Holy
    ATTACHMENT - Grey Wind - Unique - Cost: 1 - Creature. Direwolf. - Any phase: Kneel Grey Wind to choose and kill 1 character with STR 1 or lower. (STR 2 or lower if attached character is Robb Stark.)
    ATTACHMENT - Nymeria - Unique - Cost: 2 - Creature. Direwolf. - House Stark character only. - Response: Kneel Nymeria to save attached character from being killed. If attached character is Arya Stark, she also gets +1 STR and gains stealth.
    ATTACHMENT - Shaggydog - Unique - Cost: 1 - Creature. Direwolf. - After you win a challenge in which attached character participated, stand Shaggydog. Challenges: Kneel a Direwolf card to choose 1 attacking character. Until the end of the phase, that character gets -2 STR.

CHARACTER - Bran Stark - Unique - Cost: 2 - STR: 2 - Icon: Power - Lord. - No attachments except Direwolf. After you lose an Intrigue challenge, kill Bran Stark (cannot be saved). Response: After you win an Intrigue challenge as the defender, Bran Stark claims 5 power.

CHARACTER - Kennel Master - Cost: 2 - STR: 2 - Icon: Military - Ally. - Kennel Master gets +1 STR for each Direwolf in play. While you control 3 or more Direwolf cards, Kennel Master gains: "Response: Save Kennel Master from being killed or discarded, and return him to his owner's hand."

LOCATION - Frozen Outpost - Cost: 2 - Winterfell. Stronghold. - Challenges: Kneel Frozen Outpost to choose and stand 1 defending character. Until the end of the challenge, that character gets +2 STR (+4 STR instead if it is a War character).

LOCATION - Winterfell Kennels - Cost: 2 - Winterfell. - Any Phase: Kneel Winterfell Kennels and pay 1 gold to search your deck for a Direwolf card, reveal that card to all players, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your deck.

Kneeling

gallery_6_126608.jpg
    PLOT - Calm Before the Storm - Inc: 4 Init: 2 Claim: 1 - Characters and locations are immune to events this round.

House Power = 7
    Eddard Stark Power = 2
    Bran Stark Power = 5
    Gold Pool = 0
    Cards in Hand = 5

Baratheon - jdarksun
    med_gallery_11_304322.jpgffg_gallery_11_195836.jpg
    med_gallery_11_309854.jpg
    med_gallery_65_303244.jpg
    med_gallery_11_83604.jpg
    med_gallery_11_95831.jpgmed_gallery_65_348299.jpgmed_gallery_65_33588.jpg
    agotmc.jpg
    Master of Coin
    When you count income during the Marshalling phase, add 2 to your total income.
    Supports Master of Laws.
    Opposes Hand of the King.

Standing

HOUSE ATTACHED LOCATION - King Robert's Chambers - Unique - Cost: 1 - King's Landing. - You may choose to play King Robert's Chambers as an attachment to your House card. - +1 Gold. 1 Influence.

CHARACTER - Knight of the Rainwood - Cost: 2 - STR: 2 - Icon: Military, Power - Knight. - No attachments except Weapon. Knight of the Rainwood cannot be discarded from play.

CHARACTER - Veteran Knight - Cost: 2 - STR: 2 - Icon: Military - Knight. - No attachments except Weapon. While Veteran Knight is attacking or defending, opponent's participating characters lose all War crests. - Crest: War

CHARACTER - Dothraki Honor Guard - Cost: 4 - STR: 4 - Icon: Military, Power - Army. Dothraki. - No attachments. Challenges: You may put Dothraki Honor Guard into play from your hand, under the control of any opponent. After that opponent wins a challenge in which Dothraki Honor Guard participated, take control of Dothraki Honor Guard.

LOCATION - Aegon's Garden - Cost: 0 - Dragonstone. - Limited. - +1 Gold.

LOCATION - The Roseroad - Cost: 0 - Westeros. - Limited. - +1 Gold.

LOCATION - The Stormlands - Unique - Cost: 2 - Kingdom. - Your revealed plot card gains the Power Struggle trait. If it has the printed Power Struggle trait, raise your claim value by 1 during Power challenges.

Kneeling

gallery_11_255047.jpg
    PLOT - Mutual Cause - Inc: 3 Init: 3 Claim: 2 - When revealed, if you have more than one opponent, choose an opponent. You and that opponent cannot declare Power challenges against one another this round.

House Power = 6
    Gold Pool = 0
    Cards in Hand = 1

Targaryen - robinlambert
    med_gallery_11_80409.jpg
    med_gallery_11_17180.jpgmed_shade-of-the-evening-qod.jpg
    med_blue-lipped-warlock-qod.jpg
    med_gallery_11_358153.jpgmed_gallery_11_220898.jpgmed_kingsroad-fiefdom-qod.jpgmed_myrish-villa-qod.jpgmed_plaza-of-pride-qod.jpg
    agotml.jpg
    Master of Laws
    Draw an additional card when you draw cards during the draw phase. This does not count towards your draw cap for the round.
    Supports Hand of the King.
    Opposes Master of Whispers.

Standing

CHARACTER - Brown Ben Plumm - Unique - Cost: 0 - STR: 2 - Icon: Military - Mercenary.
    ATTACHMENT - Shade of the Evening - Cost: 2 - Item. - Attached character gains a Military, an Intrigue, and a Power icon. Response: After you win a challenge in which attached character participated, look at the top 3 cards of your deck (5 if it is Summer), put 1 into your hand, then return the others to the top of your deck, in any order.

CHARACTER - Blue-Lipped Warlock - Cost: 2 - STR: 1 - Icon: Intrigue - Ally. Qartheen. - Blue-Lipped Warlock does not kneel to attack. Dominance: Return Blue-Lipped Warlock from your dead pile to your hand. Use this ability only if there are at least 3 characters in your dead pile.

LOCATION - Eastern Fiefdoms - Cost: 1 - Free Cities. - Limited. - Marshalling: Kneel Eastern Fiefdoms to lower the cost of the next House Targaryen card you play this phase by 1. - 1 Influence.

LOCATION - Great Pyramid - Cost: 2 - Free Cities. - Limited. - Marshalling: Kneel Great Pyramid to lower the cost of the next House Targaryen character you play this phase by 2.

LOCATION - Kingsroad Fiefdom - Cost: 2 - Westeros. - 2 Influence. +2 Initiative.

LOCATION - Myrish Villa - Cost: 1 - Free Cities. - Any Phase: Kneel 1 influence to put Myrish Villa into play from your hand. Marshalling: Kneel Myrish Villa to lower the cost of the next Targaryen card you play this phase by 1 (by 2 instead if it is Summer).

LOCATION - Plaza of Pride - Unique - Cost: 2 - The East. - Challenges: Kneel Plaza of Pride to give an attacking Targaryen Army character you control either Stealth or Deadly until the end of the phase.

Kneeling

burning-bridges-qod.jpg
    PLOT - Burning Bridges - Inc: 5 Init: 0 Claim: 1 - Intrigue Gambit. Players cannot trigger abilities on character, location, and attachment cards in play.

House Power = 1
    Gold Pool = 0
    Cards in Hand = 1

Lannister - Matev
    med_gallery_11_302160.jpg
    med_darkened-hallways-lotr.jpgmed_street-of-silk-lotr.jpgmed_gallery_11_394280.jpg
    agotlc.jpg
    Lord Commander of the Kingsguard
    Add 3 to your side’s total STR in any Military challenge in which you have at least one participating character.
    Special ability: Once per round, when an opponent is attacked by Military challenge by another opponent and decides not to declare any defenders, you can make yourself the target of the attack. The attacker cannot back out of the challenge; any characters he declared as attackers now attack you. If you win, you move 1 power from the attacker’s House to your own. If you lose, you must satisfy the attacker’s claim. You cannot use this ability if you are not a legal target for the declared attack.

Standing

LOCATION - Darkened Hallways - Cost: 0 - Lannisport. - Response: After you win an Intrigue challenge, kneel Darkened Hallways to look at the top 2 cards of any player's deck. Put one of those cards on top of the deck and the other on the bottom.

LOCATION - The Goldroad - Cost: 0 - Westeros. - Limited. - +1 Gold.

LOCATION - Street of Silk - Unique - Cost: 0 - King's Landing. - Limt 1 per deck. - After you play Street of Silk, choose and discard one of your locations from play (cannot be saved). Marshalling: Kneel Street of Silk to lower the cost of the next unique character you play this phase by 2.

Kneeling

gallery_11_393413.jpg
    PLOT - Wildfire Assault - Inc: 3 Init: 4 Claim: 1 - When revealed, each player chooses up to 3 of his or her characters. All characters not chosen are killed (cannot be saved).

House Power = 1
    Gold Pool = 0
    Cards in Hand = 1