As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Brooklyn Nine-Nine] - The next time you see me I'm going to be all out of orgasms.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I mean I can accept that having Terry as a husband might give someone a body image issue but in her one appearance so far that doesnt seem likely.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    The car lift almost had me do a spit take.

One of the best fart jokes I've seen in a while.

Part of me was trying not to laugh too hard at a fart joke... but... something about it was just so god damn funny I couldn't help it.

The cherry on top was Gina's line.
    "Go back inside!"
    "Are you talking to us or your farts?"

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Not even going to lie, fart jokes very rarely ever make me laugh. It's just too much low hanging fruit. Like KalTorak said, the follow up line made me crack up. Plus just the visual of him exerting his starving body so much lifting the car to the point where he just couldn't control it was funny. As fart jokes go, it was about a good as it gets for me.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Not even going to lie, fart jokes very rarely ever make me laugh. It's just too low much low hanging fruit. like KalTorak said, the follow up line made me crack up. Plus just the visual of him exerting his starving body so much lifting the car to the point where he just couldn't control it was funny. As fart jokes go, it was about a good as it gets for me.

Fart jokes have been funny since Aristophanes.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Andre Braugher is the secret weapon in a show filled to the brim with secret weapons.
    20-holt-580x394.png

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    This show is probably now my favorite since Chris and Ann left Parks and Rec (it feels empty over there without them)

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    I loved the idea behind Last Resort, but now I'm glad it got cancelled because this show is much better.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Andre Braugher was killing it in tonight's episode, the opening hula hoop bit is probably the hardest I have ever laughed at this show (and that is saying a lot).
    Peralta: why are you telling me this?
    Captain: Because no one. Will ever. Believe you.
    Peralta: You sick monster

And also when he was at the dentist with Santiago
    "I can't help but think that you deserve this."

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    The cold open was amazing.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Oh right, if you didn't call the key to the case being the guy pulled the Peter Pettigrew maneuver, you were not paying attention.

• Options
    Scully and hitchcock as competent detectives was frightening

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    “Do you know I know Papa John. The Papa John.”
    “Someone is lying to you.”

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    "If I were a Unicorn I would never be angry."

• Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    "Well the real hero was the murderer, because without him, there would be no case."

I love this show.

banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    "If I were a Unicorn I would never be angry."

It's Boyle's ability to say lines like this with complete sincerity that make him one of my favorite characters on this show despite me usually hating characters like him on every other show.

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    I have loved so many episodes of this first season, but this episode, and the opening in particular, just took the cake. That was absolutely hilarious.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    The Holt cold open is one of the best examples of using character development to craft jokes

This wouldnt have worked in say episode 2.

• Options
    How many episodes are left this season?

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    useless4 wrote: »

One. Next week is the season finale.

• Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    Not enough.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

One. Next week is the season finale.

and... and season two starts the week after that, right? right? :'(

• Options
    Oh I would have been PISSED if that had been the last episode ever.
    That was a pretty decent season closer to a great first season. I hope the cast all stays on board and we have a Parks and Rec-like climb to absolute greatness for the second season.

• Options
    Oh I would have been PISSED if that had been the last episode ever.
    That was a pretty decent season closer to a great first season. I hope the cast all stays on board and we have a Parks and Rec-like climb to absolute greatness for the second season.

Parks & Rec started terrible and rose to a level of greatness few sitcoms achieve.

B99 started stellar. If they have a P&R-style rise they'll go down in history as one of the greatest sitcoms of all time.

If they can even maintain their current level I'll be impressed.

• Options
    It has established characters straight out of season 2. We know what most of the characters are and we have already seen a good start to character arcs with those characters. I just hope they keep all the cast.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I don't see why they wouldn't.

Though yeah, this season did a fantastic job to adding more depth to the characters instead of them just being "wacky cops". Can't wait for next season.

• Options
    I am specifically thinking of the show Breaking In on Fox two seasons ago. When it came back the second season it was missing two actors and lost a lead actress after four or so episodes. The actors leaving as enough to kill an already questionable quality it had.

• Options
    jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    Last episode was so great. At the end I was like say whaaaaaaaaat.

• Options
    Really? It was pretty obvious.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    "whassup?"

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    I am specifically thinking of the show Breaking In on Fox two seasons ago. When it came back the second season it was missing two actors and lost a lead actress after four or so episodes. The actors leaving as enough to kill an already questionable quality it had.

A show nobody remembers and was probably forcibly retooled by the network doesnt really compare to B99 at all

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular

A show nobody remembers and was probably forcibly retooled by the network doesnt really compare to B99 at all

People that watched it probably remember it.

I only know a single other person in real life that watches Nine Nine. Don't overestimate the show's place in history just yet. But if they can keep the cast together for next season (and presumably this is already set), they're sitting pretty well.

And yeah, wassup indeed. Such a great episode.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Generally speaking people on new series have contracts that basically keep them around forever (well, seven years).

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    In the specific case of Breaking In, the show's renewal was a surprise and extremely late, and the lead actress had already gotten a role in House. They probably could have contractually kept her on BI, but they let her go.

B99 was renewed early enough that none of cast even tried for other shows/pilots, and even if they did, Fox probably wouldn't let them go.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    I swear to god Ive never heard of this show before this thread. Given the cast that seems odd

• Options
    My fear is something like what happened to Human Target, where it was incredibly awesome, and then they introduced Poochy to "broaden their appeal" for season 2, and the show sucked.

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Japanese-speaking Terry!

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »
    My fear is something like what happened to Human Target, where it was incredibly awesome, and then they introduced Poochy to "broaden their appeal" for season 2, and the show sucked.

Parks and Rec has not done this and it has similarly bad ratings.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I remember Breaking In. It was pretty funny actually.

And now I'm sad because I remembered Human Target.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I think winning two Golden Globes in its first season is another thing that sets B99 apart.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Anybody else notice Terry was in yellow face in that flashback? Really odd choice there.

Lh96QHG.png