As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Passing on a parcel from parts across the pond [Ordering from the UK]

GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
edited September 2013 in Help / Advice Forum
For some time I have been trying to find a reproduction of a certain poster used by the Solidarity movement in Poland in the 1980's. It depicted Gary Cooper's character from the movie High Noon, but carrying a ballot instead of a gun, with a slogan encouraging people to go to the polls and vote. It looks like this:

AP1065-high-noon-solidarity-poster-1989.jpg

I live in the US and in my months of searching I can't find anybody in the US who sells these. At long last I found a vintage shop in Soho, London that sells reproductions for a reasonable price.

http://www.vinmag.com/online/prodshow/AP1065___High_Noon__Solidarity_Poster_1989__30x40cm_Art_Print_/AP1065-high-noon-solidarity-poster-1989.html

The problem is they won't ship to the US at all! I checked, because their form to ask for a shipping quote used to include every US state and territory in a dropdown BUT you couldn't actually pick the US as your country, so I emailed them and asked and they said nothing doing.

So it seems like the only way I could circumvent this is if I could find somebody in the UK who would be willing to order the item for me, have it shipped to them, and then mail it on to me (with me covering their costs for the whole process of course, plus a few bucks extra for their trouble if desired). Problem with that is, I don't know anybody in the UK who could help me out.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to find someone helpful and trustworthy to assist me with this? Are there sites or services where such package relays can be arranged?

Gaslight on

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I have a package of Pins heading to Boston soon. If you want I can throw this in there. PM me.

• Options
    TechnicalityTechnicality Registered User regular
    I live in London and am around soho quite often. As another option for you I wouldn't mind popping in there sometime, picking one up and posting it straight off.

handt.jpg tor.jpg

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I really have no idea if it's something you would be able to just buy off the shelf (so to speak) in their brick-and-mortar shop or not. I certainly appreciate the willingness to help, though. PedroAsani and I are trying to work something out but I need to call up the store, which I probably won't get to do until tomorrow. If we can't make it work I may turn to you, @Technicality. Thanks again!