As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

page load times

bowenbowen How you doin'?Registered User regular
I'm getting some gnarly page load times here. Upwards to 30+ seconds on some views of the page. I'm not sure it's related to my interwebs, most domestic webpages are loading fine.

Busting out the developer console in chrome shows me this when it happens:

zzjelrk.png

However, I can immediately hit stop, then refresh, and the page will load fine. Go a few pages, and it happens again. Stop, refresh, loads fine.

@spool32 is having a similar issue to this one.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I'm also getting slow load times, and it seems like most avatars aren't loading for me.

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    I'll look into this but at first glance, the cluster is healthy.
    Avatars are coming off a globally distributed CDN used by a large chunk of the internets. If they're not loading that's probably on you.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Traceroute isn't showing anything unusual either. I may take a look into this myself too, some lady did destroy the utility pole outside our office last week so it may still be related to that.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I've been having long load times and odd forum behavior too. Pages will load part way down immediately but then freeze up for a bit.

Most of it's bypassed by hitting F5.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's probably the new reaction

Adds a lot of time to the server brocessing.

YL9WnCY.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I've been having long load times and odd forum behavior too. Pages will load part way down immediately but then freeze up for a bit.

Most of it's bypassed by hitting F5.

this is exactly the situation I was having

Almost certainly not my internet either, as I've got both a set of three bonded T1s or a 50x5 business cable internet connection to choose from.

Rorus Raz wrote: »
    It's probably the new reaction

Adds a lot of time to the server brocessing.

That could be bro.

It's happening on the main forum pages and pages without reactions. I guess bros gotta bro though.

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    That screenshot you showed though Bowen... it was not a 30 second load time. You see that right? It was < 2 sec

Hmm why did I take a picture of the top

My apologies, it was a long day, I'll try to capture it from the bottom next time (which should show the load time too).

Also it seems to have disappeared roughly around 9:30 this morning.

Currently doing exactly what I mentioned... D&D chat is spinning and spinning, with the page seemingly cut off. Took about 15s or so, then gave up without loading the entire page.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm seeing, with ctrl-shift-j open and the network tab loaded. The part citcled in red is where the page stopped loading... it's part of my signature, but not all of it. There are about a dozen posts after this one, but none of them appeared.
    JfRl9G0.png?1

Here is a screenshot of what I'm seeing, with ctrl-shift-j open and the network tab loaded. The part circled in red is where the page stopped loading... it's part of my signature, but not all of it. There are about a dozen posts after this one, but none of them appeared.
    JfRl9G0.png?1

b2ZzBpo.png

Got this too, pending on a ton of PA stuff, the CDN is getting it too. Traceroute still shows up normal on my end to the forum.

Woo, it got really bad there for a bit. Took three refreshes to load this page, and sometimes icons like the inbox and reactions aren't drawing... or even more oddly, only drawing partway.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I don't know if anything's been done but this has stopped for me for the last couple of days.

Yeah yesterday was good for me, we'll see how today is!