As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Sleepy Hollow] - Season 4 starts this Friday! Watch it!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Aww shucks. Haunted house episode.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Frank Irving, respectable. And Ichabod can not tell a lie he hella chopped the plant demon down.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    lol wow the scooby doo monster suit. So disappointing after that sandman we saw. This felt like a straight up tribute to early xfiles episodes with the "flashlight dark basement" shots.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular
    not going to lie this was poor (other than the weekly Ichabod Crane history lecture).

meh, you are going to have some on every show.

• Options
    Say what? You guys need to get off the Moloch train.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    really? I thought it was a mediocre monster-of-the-week bit with some added family drama surrounding
    the captain which felt incredibly bland, forced and formulaic to me all the way down to the terrible music during that bit and the sassy handicapped daughter with the threat of *gasp* legal action.

you can do better Sleepy Hollow. you deserve better.

scherbchen on
  • Options
    Well the captin bits kind of drug, I mean Jones did well acting in them, its just boring writing. But the monster was strong, the camera work combined with effects sold him for me.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Well of course Broyles- err... Jones- has a handicapped daughter! This wouldn't have all the same cast dynamics as Fringe without that as a character motivation!

• Options
    Ehh I don't know if that motivates Irving. Something else seems to drive him as clearly his family obligations are low on the totem poll. He's probably trying to be the winningest division 2 volleyball coach!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I think all of the less than awesome scenes with the monster were made up for when Ichabod put on his fuck you face and grabbed an axe like murdering a demon plant house invading monster was no big deal.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    He ain't a pussy son, he's been to war, he killed death. Plant creature is just a late afternoon trisket.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yeah but Mison played the "this time. It's personal" face perfectly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well it did mess up his shirt, and caused his pony tail to get loose, he was full 80's hair band at the end of the ep.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    They need to have an episode that shows Ichabod has been buying period clothing from a reanactor shop this entire time and he has like 8 of the same outfits.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    They need to have an episode that shows Ichabod has been buying period clothing from a reanactor shop this entire time and he has like 8 of the same outfits.

I wondered out loud if this was going to be the reason for his (rumored) finally acquiring some new clothes.

Alternatively, we can have a Dungeons of Dredmore-style "it is covered in the blood and ichor of the enemies you have slain!" overcoat that just becomes progressively more filthy every week.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    But the coat isn't filthy. The heiress was wearing the coat at that point, Ichabod wrapped her in it when they pulled her out of the closet. So they could throw out the blood encrusted clothes and STILL keep that dashing coat.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options

I want Ichabod at a renaissance fair going "what the fuck is wrong with you people".

• Options
    Things apparently were just made of sterner stuff back then.

I'm sure the real reason for Ichabod's not changing wardrobe was fox had no idea that the show would be successful and they probably shot a majority of episodes at the same time and so it was cheapest to just keep Ichabod in the same clothing.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I keep feeling like I missed a show. Then I realize fox hates everything they air.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Christmas time hates everything. If anything its weird Almost Human is still airing new eps.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    well its back on this coming Monday, so i'm not sure Christmas can be blamed for the lack of episode this week. also, considering how late Almost Human started it'd be crazy dumb to not keep airing new episodes or start missing random weeks here and there.... so yeah its weird Fox hasn't done that.

• Options
    Last nights episode was delightful, makes me sad that we won't see a new ep till Jan 20th and that will be a double burn off of the last two eps. I honestly think Fox was completely surprised this show was a hit and had a retarded schedule planned.

I can't see John Noble without talking about Faramir though, I'm sorry bro it happens.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    last night had some good moments, John Noble is always great to watch, but honestly i think it was the weakest episode so far. not that it was bad, just not quite on the same level as the rest of the season. pretty much the closest we've seen to filler yet. although saying that, it speaks highly of the show if this is as bad as it gets.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I cant wait for the captians wife to die so this dumb divorce subplot ends and his surprisingly delightful daughter joins the cast full time.

Weird use of a golem but hey more Sin eater.
    Whose father I suspect is someone important

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I cant wait for the captians wife to die so this dumb divorce subplot ends and his surprisingly delightful daughter joins the cast full time.

and of course the inevitable "she can suddenly walk again" storyline that they're no doubt building towards.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

and of course the inevitable "she can suddenly walk again" storyline that they're no doubt building towards.

I dunno. I forget what happens to Broyle's son in Fringe, but I didn't recall it being that sort of silly happy ending.

I am basing this on the assumption that they are maintaining all character growth to be roughly identical to their Fringe counterparts. Which means that, inevitably, Abbie (Olivia Dunham) and her sister Jenny (Peter Bishop) will start dating.

• Options
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »

I dunno. I forget what happens to Broyle's son in Fringe, but I didn't recall it being that sort of silly happy ending.

I am basing this on the assumption that they are maintaining all character growth to be roughly identical to their Fringe counterparts. Which means that, inevitably, Abbie (Olivia Dunham) and her sister Jenny (Peter Bishop) will start dating.

honestly that'd probably be more believable that Olivia and Peter hooking up which to me, just seemed forced. they really should have kept her sister around.

as for Broyles' son/Irving''s daughter,
    if i'm remembering correctly(which i may not be), i think alt-Broyles was blackmailed with a cure for to turn him against the fringe team. can definitely see a similar play being used again Cpt Irving in Sleepy Hollow. a crisis of faith met with promises of 'we can fix your daughter and make sure you live', could see him turn for at least a while before going the noble sacrifice route.

• Options
    Last nights episode was delightful, makes me sad that we won't see a new ep till Jan 20th and that will be a double burn off of the last two eps. I honestly think Fox was completely surprised this show was a hit and had a retarded schedule planned.

I can't see John Noble without talking about Faramir though, I'm sorry bro it happens.

Hm. No idea what that is.

A faramir

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Man Ichabod, stop asking Abby to wait in the car or whatever. That's two episodes in a row! Also, I totally pegged the golem as Katrina's fault but it really wasn't.

One last thing. The four witch ladies say that Ichabod's son was "immune" to their magic. Solution? Use their magic to stop his heartbeat. Whaa? What kind of useless immunity is that exactly?

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I think they meant he was immune to their 'send it to purgatory' spell, which seems to be their first reaction to just about anything.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I think they meant he was immune to their 'send it to purgatory' spell, which seems to be their first reaction to just about anything.

"She overturned the natural order, preventing you from dying, as you should have! As punishment, we sent her to Purgatory, where she will never die and... wait. Shit. We did not think this all the way through."

• Options
    Maybe the 4 of them shared a brain as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    NEW CLOTHES!
    Ohwaitno.

• Options
    The clothes bit was great, I'm sure some nuts might have had an issue with the 2nd amendment crack.

The posession thing was hella creepy though, hella creepy, especially the disfigured demon little girl.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I found the 2nd amendment thing pretty funny. It's pretty amazing how they picked the ONE GUY out of that entire time period who has few, if any, sexist or racist opinions. Totally against slavery and FOR woman memberships in traditionally male organizations. He also worries about private gun ownership. And is okay with the practice of alternative religions than Christianity. I think this must be the most supernatural element of the show, easily. :D

As far as the episode went, I found the sister subplot mostly good and the Captain's family subplot kind of meh. The possessing ghost/demon/devil was cool, I do wish he had more idiosyncratic details to him though. As it was, somewhat close to the demon in Exorcist.

• Options
    The effects on the possession were top notch, made up for scooby doo tree suit man.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    Is anyone else really bothered by the Captain's wife's lips? Whenever she gets air time its all I can stare at because they're so god damn distracting.

And with every episode coming to an inevitable end, I feel like every episode is just making the series weaker and weaker. The monster of the week premise is getting stale, the plots are cliche, and that the build up to the climax is always weak. They always beat the villain(s) in the last ten minutes of the show quickly and in an unsatisfying manner.

Overall, I'm not sure if I'll stick around for season 2. The Headless Horseman is the shit, but its hard to build an entire premise around the invincible headless Terminator. That only works for so long.

• Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    I agree with Waffen. It sucks that I'm rapidly becoming less interested in the show, but my desire to catch this thing every week is starting to gradually slip away. Ever since that stuff happened with the Headless Horseman, it's all been kind of grinding downhill for me. I don't really feel a sense of tension or danger anymore. Most of the weekly threats that pop up just don't feel very effective or important and some of the newer plot points that have been introduced lately rub me the wrong way. While there are still moments that definitely entertain me, I'm beginning to reach that point where I want to simply skim through episode reviews to see if anything happened that I actually care about.

This happened with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. almost immediately. Once Upon a Time eventually fell into the same dark hole. I still have Arrow and The Blacklist, but if I wind up dropping Sleepy Hollow, I'm going to be a damn sad panda. My love for this series burned hotter than the sun for a while. Slowly becoming more and more disappointed in something you once absolutely couldn't wait to watch is a frustrating experience. I'm determined to try and at least keep abreast of it, though. Everything has been set up so wonderfully that it would be shameful for me not to see how things pan out for a little bit.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I love this show so much. It is awesome.

• Options
    Two part finale tonight?

steam_sig.png