As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Indiecade: International Festival of Independent Games, Oct 3-6, LA

World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious peopleRegistered User regular
edited September 2013 in Social Entropy++
logo_wide_fest_2013_half.png

What is IndieCade?

The IndieCade Festival is the biggest independent game celebration in the nation. This premiere event is held each October in the Los Angeles Area and is open to the industry and to the public.

Events October 3rd - 6th, 2013 include a professional conference track, business networking, social events, tournaments and entertainment, as well as family-focused activities, meet-and-greets with game creators, hands-on gameplay with more than 150 top independent games.

IndieCade offers a unique opportunity to play and preview the latest innovative indie games of all types and rub shoulders with the creators of the newest games, as well as legends from across the industry.

2013 Festival Nominees
Night Games!!

and mooooore

Are you going? I'M GOING

Going:
me
orikae

kQwcZLJ.png
World as Myth on

• OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    it does. I am super jazzed about it, I'm friends with about a dozen indie devs now and they are some of the most interesting, opinionated, cynical, fascinating people

gimme a whole convention of that

kQwcZLJ.png
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Man, this whole thing sounds pretty incredible. I'd be into going were I not hella unemployed and on the other side of the country.

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    sounds like a dork fest

full of dorks

dorkin it up

(wish i could go)

it does. I am super jazzed about it, I'm friends with about a dozen indie devs now and they are some of the most interesting, opinionated, cynical, fascinating people

gimme a whole convention of that

yeah, this is what I'm looking forward to! Plus maybe developing connections.

I get real disillusioned working in Vancouver. There's not a whole lot of money to go around. But I think this will get me excited about working in games again.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I'll be wandering around playing games and chatting, but the hell I can afford any of the panels and whatnot. $20 wristband for this guy.

• World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    same here. between $20 and like $150 and up, I'll go with $20

unless you're an indie pro I think the $20 ticket is adequate

kQwcZLJ.png
    next year you're all on my press team

• DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    So Indiecade was pretty great! Just as fun as last year's festival

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    maaan for some reason i thought it was a week later and i'm gonna be out of town, so i put this outta my head

i live and work literally 30 minutes away from this, woulda been a piece of cake to get up there

nuts

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Houk wrote: »
    maaan for some reason i thought it was a week later and i'm gonna be out of town, so i put this outta my head

i live and work literally 30 minutes away from this, woulda been a piece of cake to get up there

nuts
    Same, I completely forgot about it. :(

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    my passport was expired so i got a credit for my airfare and gave my hotel away

it sounded like a lot of fun though

• QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    We told Greg Kasavin that we'd watch him do a 24 hour livestream of Samurai Showdown and the first thing he said after that was, "I probably could play it for 24 hours."

Favorite moment right there.

this was amazing! I met so many incredible people and saw THE qmark and drian

and sweated my balls off

fuck you LA

kQwcZLJ.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Where are you from that LA in October is hot? Because I envy you.

it was 91! boooo

kQwcZLJ.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    it was 91! boooo

91, with no humidity! That's the trick!

(I guess it is really just what you grow up in too. I can do 90-100 no humdity wearing pants with a smile. Throw some humidity at me and I sweat like I am dying wearing shorts and a tank top.)