As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Puzzle & Dragons] part of the Hello Kitty Family.

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Smoogy wrote: »
    You'd think they could at least drop as Devil Dragons, I mean Chaos Blizzard Dragon drops fully evolved.

Also, they aren't good for plus egg storage, they go up to 15.

Sure, they aren't starter dragons. I use lil' dragons because they're pretty adorable and I'm fine leaving them in my box for awhile, accumulating + eggs. Until they are viciously devoured by Valkyrie or Blue Odin.
    Pal Machine gives me a lot of trash that only goes up to level ten like slimes and carbuncles, so I use those.
    gjaustin wrote: »
    Just have no desire to finish the dungeon when I see stupid stripey egg man staring at me.
    If I had a team that could do Hera-Is in <30 minutes, I'd just throw all my leftover* stones at it.

*When doing Hera-Ur on Mythical I bought a large chunk of stones expecting to fail miserably based on previous experience with Zeus and Zeus-Dios. Of course, this time things went fairly well!

You didn't roll Kirin? I know people can clear it with Horus, not sure about mythical.

No Kirin and I never have any success with Horus.

I do have a Ra, but I'm pretty much useless with him.

Hmm. I guess you could do Ra and use the orb simulator to plan your move, but that most likely wouldn't fulfill your <30 minutes requirement. I mean you could use Goemon. Red/Blue/Green should all be able to beat it no problem, but I am a bit sour on that after last time.

I saw that you beat Is with that weird Green Goemon team. Do you think it'd be possible to go the physical route instead (Siegfried, Gigas, Bubbly, Echidna)? Do you think double Gigas would be better than Siegfried Gigas because you'll get the full fire damage from the spike?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Just have no desire to finish the dungeon when I see stupid stripey egg man staring at me.
    If I had a team that could do Hera-Is in <30 minutes, I'd just throw all my leftover* stones at it.

*When doing Hera-Ur on Mythical I bought a large chunk of stones expecting to fail miserably based on previous experience with Zeus and Zeus-Dios. Of course, this time things went fairly well!

You didn't roll Kirin? I know people can clear it with Horus, not sure about mythical.
    You can do it with horus? Is that one of the ones that requires orochi though?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

You can do it with horus? Is that one of the ones that requires orochi though?

So, he's listed, but I have to think you could kill Hera-Is on legendary in Echidna stall time. You'll have to do the math though.
    TannerMS wrote: »
    You'd think they could at least drop as Devil Dragons, I mean Chaos Blizzard Dragon drops fully evolved.

Also, they aren't good for plus egg storage, they go up to 15.

Sure, they aren't starter dragons. I use lil' dragons because they're pretty adorable and I'm fine leaving them in my box for awhile, accumulating + eggs. Until they are viciously devoured by Valkyrie or Blue Odin.
    Pal Machine gives me a lot of trash that only goes up to level ten like slimes and carbuncles, so I use those.

No Kirin and I never have any success with Horus.

I do have a Ra, but I'm pretty much useless with him.

Hmm. I guess you could do Ra and use the orb simulator to plan your move, but that most likely wouldn't fulfill your <30 minutes requirement. I mean you could use Goemon. Red/Blue/Green should all be able to beat it no problem, but I am a bit sour on that after last time.

I saw that you beat Is with that weird Green Goemon team. Do you think it'd be possible to go the physical route instead (Siegfried, Gigas, Bubbly, Echidna)? Do you think double Gigas would be better than Siegfried Gigas because you'll get the full fire damage from the spike?

Well, I would have beaten it but skyheal killed me on Mr. Stripey Egg. Its certainly possibly to go physical, mono red, blue, green probably purple or light on Legendary Hera Is. The issues you have to work out are how much recovery you need to stall to get your skills up. Awoken King Bubblie is a godsend if you have him. Having a ton of HP is also pretty important.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Framed Pengdra Village for the entire hour it was up. Came 1 Pengdra short to get Amaterasu to 99. Well enough if I use another 1 of another color to make up the 16k difference.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I'm probably going to end up blowing 5 stones today on stamina refreshes for Pengdra village, since I just realized it will be coming around 3 times for me today.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    BullhonkieBullhonkie Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Yeah you are probably right. I think I'd wake up your Chinese god first, they get pretty good awoken skills and you have one of the better ones.
    How often do you run your Byakko? She benefits a lot from every awakening (orb enhances). That's who I'm focusing on first.

I'm on the fence but somewhat leaning towards Byakko simply because she gets the most useful/synergistic awoken skills. But the part that makes me hesitate is that I only really use her for farming tougher dungeons but not quite descend-level toughness - stuff like tier 6 and legend level of any special/biweekly dungeons and she already has no problems doing that. I take Ra into all the difficult descends but I don't feel like much on the Ra team is worth awakening.

I think my other option is to put it into Valk for the light +orb enhance since it'd be useful in her own team as well boosting damage on my Ra team which is half light with Ra/Ra/Valk.

Edit: I just realized another option a lot of people seem to be prioritizing awoken skills for is Satan. Double edit: Nevermind I'm a dummy. Satan can just be farmed.

Bullhonkie on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm probably going to end up blowing 5 stones today on stamina refreshes for Pengdra village, since I just realized it will be coming around 3 times for me today.

That's... a lot of stones. How much max stamina do you have?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

That's... a lot of stones. How much max stamina do you have?

93 max stamina

But my monster box is already much larger than needed. Same with my friends list. And the only godfest monsters I could possibly want would be Chinese / Egyptian / Odin.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    IMG_01191_zpsd3e9b1f1.png

• Options
    Is he 100% drop? Also how do you survive Hera-Is bind 5? Also I hate you.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Yes. I didn't (oops). Yes, you do.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    uevo61.jpg

Artemis ultimate evolution. Wonder how she will improve skillwise.

Hmm, Gigas and Duke Vampirelord will also get ultimate evos.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    so apparently hera-is not a guarenteed drop on legendary. i has the sad

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mts wrote: »

Yep, Legendary on Descends doesn't guarantee a drop. It's why I got sick of Hera-Ur and just stoned through Mythical. I valued the hours of my Saturday afternoon more than a few dollars worth of stones.

Speaking of Hera-Ur, she's really good for farming ECO on Master.

• Options
    @TannerMS Goemon is in, let me know when you have him and what team you are using and how it goes.

@Smoogy can you put in Byakko.

@gjaustin can you put in Hera-Ur?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    uevo61.jpg

Artemis ultimate evolution. Wonder how she will improve skillwise.

Hmm, Gigas and Duke Vampirelord will also get ultimate evos.
    Oh...shit. That is awesome, glad I have an Artemis.

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    @38thDoe - Byakko is up. I didn't know you had one...or were you asking for someone else?

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    I don't, but Hera-Ur, Hera-Is, Abyss Neptune, Echidna, Persephone Byakko seems to work well.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Ahhhh, makes sense! I'll have to remember that too, to pair with Hera-Urs etc.

Why the hell is Zeus getting an ultimate evo to be light/dark? Does Dark really need another gravity user...the best in the game (albeit harder to skill up). Throw poor Green a bone for once.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Am I blind, or are you no longer able to chose evo as a filter type?
    evo got renamed to fuse.

Anyone have a maxed odin they could put in? Everyone seems to have switched to Dark Kagutsuchi, which is less than ideal for Hera-Is.

Finally, I have no idea what to use my Tamadra on... Every monster I have is in one of three categories: It is farmable, It has crappy awoken skills, or it is crappy itself.
    http://www.padherder.com/user/38thdoe/sets/
    Any ideas?

No, that's the number of fusions they've had. Granted, evo mats and trash won't have one, but neither do REM and trophies I haven't touched yet either

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Hooray, I finally have my very first maxed level 99 monster, Grodin! Now to decide if he need to be egged...

• Options
    BullhonkieBullhonkie Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I don't, but Hera-Ur, Hera-Is, Abyss Neptune, Echidna, Persephone Byakko seems to work well.

I've had a number of my RL friends run their Hera-Ur with my Byakko to some success since the subs for both teams can be really similar. You lose out on a devil but Byakko active setting up the board with Hera-Ur enhance can really do some damage. Even better if you can sub out something for King Baddie and still make it to the boss reliably.

Were you testing numbers on Hera-Ur/Hera-Ur vs Hera-Ur/Byakko?

Bullhonkie on
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    ...is there a bro fist option on here now?

t2Yu82b.jpg

• Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Why the hell is Zeus getting an ultimate evo to be light/dark? Does Dark really need another gravity user...the best in the game (albeit harder to skill up). Throw poor Green a bone for once.

629.jpg

He is pleased

• Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    I'm just surprised Zeus would get an ultimate evo vs. a new dungeon a la Zeus-dios.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    I knew my goemon and horus teams were a waste of time!

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    Woot! Just ran metal dragons twice with the spare stamina I had after late pengdras last night. The first run I didn't see any kings, which was disappointing, but was more than made up for by seeing two Tamadras and having one of them drop! The second run was slightly more frustrating, as it taunted me with three king sightings, but only one dropped, and no sightings of a Tamadra.

I still need to decide how to use my two Tamadras though, as my first impulse was to toss them on Luci, but that seems like a bit of a waste since it's just plus attack for all three. Maybe I'll fill out Padherder soon so I can ask for recommendations.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Godfest will be angels and Japanese gods. Meh.

• Options
    Good - I like it when I'm not tempted to roll at all. No regrets on saving stones for boxes and stamina refreshes.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »

Yep, Legendary on Descends doesn't guarantee a drop. It's why I got sick of Hera-Ur and just stoned through Mythical. I valued the hours of my Saturday afternoon more than a few dollars worth of stones.

Speaking of Hera-Ur, she's really good for farming ECO on Master.

the worst part is i made it up to hera with 0 stones, and didnt burn stones until i was like 1/2 her health and then i got commited into thinking i was so close. then came the storm spam or whatever its called.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TravelingMattTravelingMatt Registered User regular
    Is there a reason I am not seeing that people seem to like Byakko over Genbu (or any of the others, for that matter) across the board?

PSN: TravelingMat
    Time Zone: Eastern
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Byakko is dark. The colors are not balanced dark is everything and green is the worst possible color no gravity no delay dark has both. Also dark has Lucifer Who is probably the most overpowered unbalanced monster in the game. Genbu is additionally missing red which is easy delay in naga.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited October 2013
    That's what typically happens in Descends. All stones are spent on the boss, unless you make a mistake in the earlier rounds anyway. That's just the breaks of 40% drop, unfortunately. Luckily I got my Hera-Is on my second try, though it took 4-5 for Hera-Ur (good thing she's so easy).

Back to the Alma grind. Hoping for some of gjaustin's skillup luck...but doubtful. 4 more Yomi skill ups to go. I'm so not looking forward to farming Hera skillups once I get my Valk team ready for that. I will be playing this damn game until I'm dead...
    Is there a reason I am not seeing that people seem to like Byakko over Genbu (or any of the others, for that matter) across the board?

Byakko has access to probably the three strongest colors. The skills the team has access to are really phenomenal. Gravity = Hades, Hera-Is, Hera. Delay = Echidna, Orochi. Survivability = RK, in a pinch. Poison = SDA Neptune. Easily skilled up Orb-changers in CDK and Duke Vamp. Siegfried is Blue/Red, which makes him a great sub as well. Change the World with Yomi for huge combos. Also, Hera-Ur and Loki for color enhancing. You can even use King Baddie to make a Byakko/Devil team, though I don't think it's optimal. Also, Dark is really easy to level up and put the pieces in place (i.e. a lot of the best Byakko subs are farmable).

There's just a lot of flexibility and utility with Byakko teams that the other Chinese gods don't necessarily have.

@38thDoe, Lucifer doesn't factor at all into Byakko teams, though. You would never use him on a team because you're not trying to stall that long. I suppose you could make some pseudo-grindy Byakko team with all dark elements and a Luci friend, but that seems highly inefficient. I know you hate Lucifer, but don't hate him for Byakko ;) They are unrelated in this case.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Alright, in that case, what does the ideal Byakko team look like in terms of subs, forgoing utility (delay)?

• Options
    Alright, in that case, what does the ideal Byakko team look like in terms of subs, forgoing utility (delay)?

Her best subs are generally Hera-Ur, Hera-Is, Echidna, and then either Siegfried, a Vampire, Persephone or Hermes

• Options
    edited October 2013
    That's a difficult thing to say, because you typically never want to forego delay. Echidna should ALWAYS be in a Byakko team. Here's an example of a team you could use that has orb changers, delay, gravity. Personally, I don't use orb changers when I run Byakko and instead rely on my orb matching to get rid of light, green, and heart orbs, but adding orb changers makes farming a lot more brainless. Normally, you'd want Hera-Is in as your blue sub if you have her, but Siegfried is good when you don't need gravity. Blue Odin as a luxury pick. Regular Hera subs for Hades.

754.png201.png233.png692.png397.png

The great thing about Chinese gods are the flexibility of subs. Don't have Hades and don't need Gravity? Throw a Rainbow Keeper in if you have limited options, or maybe Duke Vamp for more heart breaking. Don't need the delay (though I think you should), maybe use Hera-Ur. Have a Loki? Use him and make your team primarily dark for a big dark enhance.

This is my ECO Heaven Sent team, with a bit of a blue focus I wouldn't normally use (granted, not everyone can put this team together): Byakko, Echidna, D/L Hades, Hera-Is, Blue Odin, Byakko

I'm happy to write up a guide to Byakko teams if anyone's interested. I feel pretty confident in my ability to both use the team and also discuss its pros and cons. Still, I haven't used her in any descends yet. I need more levels and plus eggs for that, I feel.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Personally, I fed my Byakko to my Bastet in preparation for her Ultimate evolution.

I enjoy making large numbers of combos much more than matching colors. I find making a 6 combo isn't any harder than making a 3 color combo since you don't have to worry about what type of orbs you have.

Plus, I'm trying to focus on my Wood team. At this point I'm stubborn and will make it work on a Descend! Oh, and Wood teams totally have a Delay. She just only gets a bonus from one of the two leaders, because Freyja is awesome :)

• Options
    Feeding your Byakko to Bastet makes me cringe...why would you not at least just want the option down the road??? Damn you and your gluttony of gods!

You're saying you use Echidna with Freyja as a leader because of the healer bonus? That's true I suppose! Though it's not as efficient as a true color delay, since you won't be actively seeking to match red orbs and ADK cannibalizes her attack as well.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I think I would like to begin working up a team (Byakko), and I have Hera-Ur, Neptune, Echidna. Really, of the things named I only lack a Hera-Is and a Siegfried. I guess I should begin leveling up the Hera and a Persephone.

TravelingMatt on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Persephone is good on Byakko due to the orb changing, though I don't have one so can't say from experience. If you can access it, this is a good guide from the PAD forums. I could write up something myself, but I'm lazy:

Tri-Color Chinese guide: http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=15337

At some point, you'll probably want Hera-Is as your blue Byakko sub. The good thing is, you have a Neptune! So you can get Hera-Is at some point with SDA Neptune/Green Odin (that's how I got mine). You should be able to get Sieg at some point from Two Heroes too, though he's more important on other teams than Byakko, ultimately.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

This discussion has been closed.