As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yeah, it's another song identification thread

GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
edited September 2013 in Help / Advice Forum
Trying to figure out a song that was played in a theater before a movie I saw last week. This was in between usual trailers/commercials, and the theater was a local arthouse/indie type of place so the odds of it being something fairly obscure are high. SoundHound was no help despite there being very little background noise to keep it from "listening," and Googling lyric snippets has availed me nothing.

It was a somewhat folkish indie rock-sounding type of thing. Male singer, sort of a nasal voice but with a fairly sincere sound rather than the ironic "smirk" sound you get in a lot of this type of music, if you know what I mean. I would sort of compare the voice to Colin Meloy from The Decemberists, or even Doug Martsch of Built To Spill but with less whine.

The only lyrics I caught that I can remember clearly now were something about "See your smile from across the room..." (I know, I know, not exactly narrowing it down here) and something that went roughly "The things that you wanted to do and the changes that came..."

Anybody have any guesses?

Gaslight on

This discussion has been closed.