Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Camp NaNoWriMo] again? If you insist...

1151617181921»

• KCWiseKCWise Barefoot in my Husband's KitchenRegistered User regular
    Meadowlark II is in the books! 4 acts written, edited and posted each week for a month! BOOM, ya'll! My second year of NaNo Rebellion is complete! I'm also ONE post away from my blogging goal of no-fail posts for the WHOLE month!
    Real word total for Meadowlark was 24,000 words, plus another 15,000 for blogging so far. Yes, less than 50k, but I still put myself in the winner's circle because I hit my challenge mark. ;)

tapeslingerbigrickcookMadicanQuoth
  • bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    Ended up with 32k words before I hit a patch of time where I couldn't get back to the novel (just about the last week really) but now I've got time to work on my novel, and a good chunk of novel done so that I can keep going with it, so still feel like a winner.

I can finally mix my time between my audio projects, my writings, my game design, and every now and then I guess hang out with my daughters, which should be nice.

Quothbigrickcook
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    So I've missed Nano for the beginning of my journey writing, but I think it's worth redoing it myself through December. How do you guys normally plan for such an intense burst of writing? Do you brainstorm anything ahead of time, or just put metaphorical pen to paper and go?

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Sprints are great for getting those words down. They're held most every night in the Writers Block IRC channel too.

camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
  • bigrickcookbigrickcook Dord of Lance? OklahomaRegistered User regular
    One note about sprints: they're not nearly as common outside of NaNo months.

http://panningforclouds.com
    Panning For Clouds, a writing blog dedicated to my fiction and writing columns! Updates at least twice a week.
    tapeslingerKCWisechiasaur11
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Yeah. I'm trying to keep writing every night but I don't think I'll be running sprints.

• bigrickcookbigrickcook Dord of Lance? OklahomaRegistered User regular
    I'll likely be around in IRC later in the evenings, usually around 9 to 12 CST and often running sprints, at least for the rest of this month. I didn't NaNo this year, but I am still writing a bananas amount each day and sprints have really been the only way for me to reliably do them.

http://panningforclouds.com
    Panning For Clouds, a writing blog dedicated to my fiction and writing columns! Updates at least twice a week.
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Interesting note from the Nano folks:
    How do I determine my word count for my Camp NaNoWriMo non-novel project?

Camp NaNoWriMo's variable word-count goals allow writers to edit past works or take on non-noveling projects, such as scripts. To track your "word count" in a more effective way, we've devised a few guidelines for those projects.

For editing and research: One hour of active editing equals 1,000 words.

For scripts and graphic novels: One page equals 150-200 words.

To validate that project at the end of the month, you'll use a random-text generator to create the number of words that fit with the amount of time you've spent working. Then, submit those words to our word-count validator.