As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help me pick a wireless router for my father-in-law.

DoctorArchDoctorArch CurmudgeonRegistered User regular
My father-in-law's wireless router has kicked the bucket. Normally, I would pick up a Linksys WRT54GL, load up DD-WRT, customize the heck out of it, secure it, and call it good. Unfortunately, he lives thousands of miles away so that isn't really an option. So I am open to recommendations because when I look on Amazon there are a lot of names I don't recognize and I am concerned that they may be a bear for my father-in-law to set up.

Bullet points:
Preferably on Amazon (I get free shipping).
Between 50-60 dollars.
His old router was a Wireless-N router, but if there are no reliable N routers in this price range G will suffice.
Easy to setup and secure.
Reliability is a plus.

So anyone have any recommendations for me? Thanks a lot.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Assuming he isn't too demanding and doesn't want anything fancy like a USB port for sharing, Gigabit Ethernet, or Dual-band, any wireless N router in that price range would be fine. I think Linksys and Netgear generally have friendlier installs.