Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Good night [chat], good night air, good night [brainstorm] everywhere

1939495969799»

• AmaliaAmalia AuthorFace Registered User regular
    Today is release day for Orc Saga #2! And I broke down and paid for a facebook ad for the first time. We'll see if it actually accomplishes anything, or generates any click-throughs. I've heard they're pretty useless but I didn't really do a lot of other publicity for BLOOD outside of the promotions for HONOR -- because I feel like the best way to promote a second book in a series is just by creating new fans of book one, maybe? Thoughts?

Sometimes I blog. Other times I tweet. But I'm always writing. (and so is that other Amalia)

Give the Gift of Thor! Or maybe you'd be interested in that Orc Book I wrote.
    GethKCWiseQuothtapeslingerRonin356
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    You have to laser target Facebook ads to get the budget and reach reasonable, and half the clicks will still be folks in India trying to make a living in click farms.

MKR on
    I did friend and friends of friends (because I figure those are the people who are going to WANT to know that I have another book coming out, having probably heard of my other books at some point or other, and oh there's a free book one? Hm.) and got pretty good reach, but a pathetic amount of clicks -- which is fine. What I wanted was visibility, and I feel confident that I got that.

Sometimes I blog. Other times I tweet. But I'm always writing. (and so is that other Amalia)

• VanityPantsVanityPants Gokai Red! Registered User regular
    Aand it looks like Gollancz will have an open submissions period in January, too! http://www.gollancz.co.uk/2015/10/gollancz-direct-submissions-january-2016/

Lots of opportunities coming up!

Gokai_zpsdvyiviz0.png
    tapeslinger
  • bigrickcookbigrickcook Dord of Lance? OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Amalia wrote: »
    I did friend and friends of friends (because I figure those are the people who are going to WANT to know that I have another book coming out, having probably heard of my other books at some point or other, and oh there's a free book one? Hm.) and got pretty good reach, but a pathetic amount of clicks -- which is fine. What I wanted was visibility, and I feel confident that I got that.

I ALSO did friends and friends of friends. My relationship status is complicated.

http://panningforclouds.com
    Panning For Clouds, a writing blog dedicated to my fiction and writing columns! Updates at least twice a week.
    Amalia
    I'm having one of those comparative days of writerly woe, today.

tapeslinger
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Your writing is good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like it.

Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

I make tweet.
    AmaliatapeslingerbigrickcookKCWiseQuothRonin356
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Today is the last day of VP events, and one of my roommates has already begun her arduous trip home to Helsinki. So I am also in the bummed out camp a little bit.

AmaliaKCWiseQuoth
    Yo, Tape! I am sure there is going to be a wicked come-down after that.

tapeslinger
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Amalia wrote: »
    Yo, Tape! I am sure there is going to be a wicked come-down after that.

Indeed. It is super fucking surreal to have these people for whom I have this incredible admiration - - classmates, staff, and instructors - - who are insisting "you are our colleagues now."

I am gonna cry soooo much tonight, heh. And then tomorrow morning almost all of us are getting on the same ferry back.

Also, @Amalia ! I am probably bar-conning WFC because I now have a ton of people clamoring for me to go who aren't super interested in the con programming anyway.

Well then we will need to meet up, for sure!

tapeslinger
    Hey, @KCWise!

I think we're going to go with "Yo mama so [chat], her [brainstorm] ain't even in the same canon!" because I am low-brow and a sucker for Yo Mama jokes. Whenever you get the next chat up and running, we'll put this one to bed.

Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

I make tweet.
    KCWise
  • bigrickcookbigrickcook Dord of Lance? OklahomaRegistered User regular
    This chat is dead me.

http://panningforclouds.com
    Panning For Clouds, a writing blog dedicated to my fiction and writing columns! Updates at least twice a week.
  • KCWiseKCWise Barefoot in my Husband's KitchenRegistered User regular
    What? Really?? That's awesome!!

tapeslingerbigrickcookQuothRonin356
  • VanityPantsVanityPants Gokai Red! Registered User regular
    The chat thread is dead!

Long live the chat thread!

Gokai_zpsdvyiviz0.png
    KCWise
    From something something my bedroom, I stab at thee!

*stab stab*

I make tweet.
    Ronin356
This discussion has been closed.