As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread - Playoffs for the next 4 months!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    no wants Kobe or Melo unless they are a free agent

obviously contract and then team chemistry issues

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Why on earth would anyone trade for Melo at this point?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Melo responds

"Come on, man. After all the work I did to get here and get back here? If I was to get up and want to leave now that would just make me weak, make me have a weak mind," Anthony said on Friday morning. "I've never been a person to try to run from any adversity or anything like that so I'm not going to pick today to do that."

• Options
    qwer12qwer12 PhilippinesRegistered User regular
    Wow. Sacramento doesn't seem to be doing that badly, they're doing fine considering how bad they were last year and how competitive the west is. That firing just seems rash.

steam_sig.png

PSN: jrrl_absent
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    You fire your head coach in his first season while their centerpiece has missed 9 games with meningitis?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    vivek is completely delusional so this doesn't really surprise me

the timing seems stupid unless they plan to bring in a mid-season replacement

because ty corbin is terrible

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Malone was a really good coach too. Sacramento is so dumb.

• Options
    yet another GM who didn't build roster depth has martyred a coach

• Options
    simo wrote: »

Rumor has it Vinny Del Negro is a candidate.

Lol

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    simo wrote: »

Reports are that Vivek is going to have Corbin run his crazy 4 on 5 defensive strategy. I'm guessing he tried pressuring Malone to run it, but he's not a complete imbecile, so...

• Options
    wait so a professional basketball coach encourages cherry picking

ahahahaha

• Options
    i love the idea of an owner forcing his team to employ an insane strategy because it worked for his daughter's 12 year old team

it is an asinine idea, but as a non-kings fan it is sort of great to watch an owner throw caution to the wind and just fuck around

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    This is the price of keeping the team in Sacramento I guess?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Wonder who the first team to score 200 against Sacramento will be.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Hawks look like the Spurs now and it's awesome

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jabari Parker tore his ACL. he's done for the year.

That fucking sucks

• Options
    edited December 2014
    who knew Vince Carter would end the Dubs 16-game winning streak

Xehalus on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Defense is great, but we need defense and offense," the Kings owner said. "We need to go from a rules-based organization, which was important when you had chaos, to a values-based organization -- from kind of a programmatic offense, to a read-and-respond, free-flowing offense.

"I like to use a music metaphor. We had a Sousa marching band, which was needed when there was chaos. But now we need to shift to a jazz band, where people can be individually showcased and improvised. What we need is a jazz director. I think that's the kind of leadership moving forward."

what

Xehalus on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    "SHAKA BRAH", the Kings owner said.

Maximum on
  • Options
    Cousins/Gay/Collison seem like they were being showcased to me

rest of the roster might just be role players or not there yet

• Options
    Cavaliers transition offense is looking pretty insane so far.

• Options
    Yeah, they're starting to put it all together.

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    I'm trying to not get my hopes up, but if they Mavs can seriously pull off a Rondo trade where the best rotation player they have to give up is Brandan Wright.. wow. I love Wright, and the bench certainly suffers, but Rondo basically fixes all of the Mavs biggest deficiencies in the starting unit. Rondo-Ellis-Parsons-Nowitzki-Chandler, now that's a contender.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I hate duke alumni but the bucks have been really fun so far this year. Rip jabari.

Giannis still owns tho

• Options
    qwer12qwer12 PhilippinesRegistered User regular
    Woah. That is huge. I'd like to say that Mavs become the favorites because of that, but Golden State has been really good so far too so I can't decide.

Man, every time I look at the West, it seems like they're better than what I remember.

steam_sig.png

PSN: jrrl_absent
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Grantland Basketball Hour is on again

• Options
    don't know what to think about that

it's better than the version i heard earlier today that didn't include crowder

i'm sad to see rondo go though

rooting for a mavs-wizards final now

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Rondo/Nowitzki is gonna be scary

kinda want someone besides the Spurs to win it and this helps

Xehalus on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    it's official
    Celtics are sending the All-Star point guard and forward Dwight Powell to Dallas for Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jameer Nelson and draft picks. Boston will receive a conditional first-round pick in the 2015 draft and a second-rounder in 2016, as well as a $12.9 million trade exception.

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Jesus Rondo is such a perfect point guard for the starting lineup I wanna cry. A big perimeter defender and deadly passer who doesn't care about getting points.

I am going to be very curious to see how Wright will play for the Celtics. He's really been out of this world with the Mavs (the man is shooting 75%), but Carlisle keeps him on a short leash and only plays him in situations where he knows he'll excel. Much as it would suck to watch from one perspective, I genuinely hope he stars for the Celtics.

Regardless, I think this is probably a more talented starting lineup than even the championship team. I hope they can pull a second unit together and Rondo stays healthy.

• Options
  • Options
    Being Mark Cuban seems extremely fun

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Man, the current NBA has me feeling so bad for western conference teams but the conference's utter silliness in terms of power teams is also a great fan experience

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Man, the current NBA has me feeling so bad for western conference teams but the conference's utter silliness in terms of power teams is also a great fan experience

As a Grizzlies fan, I can't help but hate the conference getting tougher. But as a fan of basketball, I love being able to see such high level basketball played outside of a few weeks in the Summer.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    OKC/GSW wa an amazing match

• Options
    I missed it. Did they play soccer?

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    This blazer game tho

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Ehhh can't be upset Spurs are taking Portland to 3 OT with as many folks as they got out

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
This discussion has been closed.