As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Phallington Horror: A [Mini-Phalla]: Phallington is Devoured!

167891012»

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Zombie Hero.

To address a couple of points you were talking about, I would say that a way you could vastly improve the haunting experience would be to allow ghost players decide who they vig after they die. As it was, the mafia had a lot of control over the village vig, and people could easily send in an order at the start of the day and just ignore everything else. Additionally, ghost players are allowed to talk after narration, but that power was never really utilized, being functionally useless other than to inform everyone who was dying an hour early.

If players chose their targets after they were dead, they could have some discussion with the village first, which would not only help activity, but make the game less likely to swing in mafia favour. Just make sure that the ghosts aren't allowed to carry on secret conversations (PMs or ProBoards) and you would probably have a pretty good system.

Personally, having a day with no vote sort of breaks immersion for me. I didn't pay as much attention to the game after Saturday's break, but I also recognize that lots of people find it difficult to play on Saturday, do we might have to discuss that further.

At the end of the game, after I had made some pretty poor decisions, I figured that the RNG had almost as good a chance of finding a mafia member as I did, which is why I didn't send in haunting orders the last die.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Sir Fab, RNG was probably still the wrong decision. Even if it's only a slight better chance if you pick, if everyone picked, that increases our chances a decent amount.

I kind of like 2-day weekends. But it's not important either way.

And my main problem with this game, and even moreso with Sir Fab's proposed changes, is that it requires participation at a specific time during the day. That makes things a lot more difficult for many players. The flipside, of course, is that it opens up new mechanics that we don't see often. But that's the main reason we don't see them often :P

I enjoyed it, so thanks for running, ZH :)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    @Gizzy , why did you say mikeycts was at the top of my list when he was just one of several people I asked your opinion about? I didn't rank them :|

Also @Zombie Hero , even though we talked about this in pm. Proofread the pm next time to make sure there aren't any inconsistencies ;-)

I would say its downfall was more ambiguity rather than inconsistent. The problem I had was that the rule thing was actually part of your suspicion on a player, and I was afraid to swoop in and correct it right away because i didn't want to backhand clear a person. It was tough to go down and I was hoping that someone would simply ask the clarification but no dice.

Anyways, I have some thoughts on this game, and some of the decisions that i made the second time around, that I will type up later. It seems that if you deny the village the possibility of a strong network, village activity takes a significant hit.

I think my main issue would be the word "must", that kinda states you HAVE to use it
    Each night, you must specify a player that you would like to haunt.

I'd say that part is inconsistent with the fact that you could submit no target

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Fair point.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    @ObiFett Sorry about that ghost post - I never had you as my target. I just felt like screwing with you after you threatened to grudge me.

yeah no apologies to me . killing one of the most active players in the game, you should be ashamed kitty cat. ALSO BREAKING THE RULES . You were only allowed to mention your hauntee target , bitch.

item_14815_1381109895.jpg

bitch is a BB reference if that wasn't made abundantly clear

@Zombie Hero , yeah it did seem like people understood it was optional though. I'm not sure if that's because of the previous game so not sure how problematic it actually was but as a newcomer the language confused me.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Perhaps instead of RNG'ing a target, you could RNG' amongst the villagers who entered valid orders and pick one of theirs. That way it's still "the village vig" that fires off. Thematically this might be weird to put into narration though.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Hmm. Nope, I don't feel bad about that one.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    Perhaps instead of RNG'ing a target, you could RNG' amongst the villagers who entered valid orders and pick one of theirs. That way it's still "the village vig" that fires off. Thematically this might be weird to put into narration though.

Actually a better idea. And I should have let folks choose their death target if they were around. That would make a lot more sense. It's kind of amazing the problems that popped up in this one when it was so similar to the previous one. Sometimes a game just has deep flaws that are totally avoided on one run through with some luck.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453