As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Renting] Thread

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Housemates Who Are Dating said they would be the ones who empty the bins as their job once a week, as there is two of them. The rubbish bins are piled very high, they are not doing it. It is not my job, I clean the bathroom every week and it is making me start to twitch.

Does this mean I need to have an awkward "can you take the rubbish out?" do your job talk.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
  • Options
    But blake

nooooooooooooo!

okay.

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Or be childish, anti-productive yet satisfying and take all the bins and pile them in their room.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Or be childish, anti-productive yet satisfying and take all the bins and pile them in their room.

And leave notes lying about all over the place.

• Options
    Yes... yes... it might just work!!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Liiya, what happened to the green in your avatar?

I liked the green.

• Options
    Well Gumpy, the excellent pal he is, chatted to John Allison of Bad Machinery at a con this weekend and drew this and I love it to bits. I owe Gumpy my first born now, a fair trade!

Don't worry green is still my favourite colour!

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Liiya do the most passive-aggresive thing possible and leave the rubbish bin right in front of their door.

• Options
    Liiya do the most passive-aggresive thing possible and leave the rubbish bin right in front of their door.

And leave a note on it right?

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    I don't know. I think building a tower out of the garbage and leaving a note might up the passive-agressiveness a bit.

But seriously, don't do that. It doesn't end well, even if your roommate told you she prefers it when people "gently tease" her about not getting housework done.

• Options
    Haha don't worry I won't do that. Sadly this isn't that housemate, Useless Housemate. This is Housemates Who Are Dating, they're pretty alright so I can just mention it and it'll be fine I think!

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Housemates Who Are Dating is now my new term for ticking time bomb.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Nothing blows up a lease like a relationship gone bad.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Had an awesome purchase vindication moment last week. In the middle of my shower, power goes out - generator has it back up in less than 10 seconds. Booya.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Looks like I'm upward mobiling myself from a studio to a one bedroom next month

Like i'm living in the cool part of Sydney now and i'm moving to a less cool part of sydney, but frankly I'm not really the kind of party animal that gets much out of that kind of proximity

As long as I don't have to wake up before 7am to reasonably make it to work, and the internet isn't shit I'm good

And this way I can invite people over!

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Housemates Who Are Dating sounds like a Culture-ship

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Housemates Who Are Dating have not shown signs of things going wrong yet. But I am still very skeptical.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Housemates Who Are Dating have not shown signs of things going wrong yet. But I am still very skeptical.

Soon enough Liiya turns to evil and sabotages their relationship, cackling from atop her mountainous abode she cries down unto them "I TOLD YE!"

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »

Soon enough Liiya turns to evil and sabotages their relationship, cackling from atop her mountainous abode she cries down unto them "I TOLD YE!"

Now I'm imagining her as Maleficent at this house party and just emitting this evil laugh as she stands on top of the back of the couch.

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    I hate looking for places to live. 20 couples at a few inspections that I went to for places that were pretty bad for their asking price. I have too much goddamn stuff.

• Options
    Sassori wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »

Now I'm imagining her as Maleficent at this house party and just emitting this evil laugh as she stands on top of the back of the couch.

"well well well ".

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I want to buy this

tumblr_ne4437mo9H1r9nihco2_500.jpg

I care zip-diddly-squat about people putting their drinks on my furniture, I just think it's hilarious

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Shampooed the carpet today

moving furniture sucks a while bunch and our dog is miserable cause he can't go anywhere until it dries

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    So yesterday the circuit board for the fuse box fell of the wall mounts and is just sitting on the box, connected only by wires.

Nothing like trying to find a sparky for urgent safety work on the first national holiday since May.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Ah, you can fix it yourself.

If you only touch the wires while jumping you won't get electrocuted. My uncle's cousin is an electrician and told me that.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    So I've got a lease on an awesome apartment downtown and just got furniture for it last weekend. Got the call today that it's going to be showing up on Thursday! Which means I'll be able to fully move in by the end of the weekend!

The location is amazing and the apartment is cute and the kitchen is really nice and it's my first time living away from home and I start a new job next week too and guys can you tell how excited I am yet

I am hosting a Halloween party/predrink on Friday, so finding out that people will have furniture to sit and/or put things on is an excellent start!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Congratulations, that's really cool!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

If you only touch the wires while jumping you won't get electrocuted. My uncle's cousin is an electrician and told me that.

Well, your uncle's cousin lied.

The way to insulate yourself when doing electrical work is to fill a big metal tub with water and stand in it.

• Options

The way to insulate yourself when doing electrical work is to fill a big metal tub with water and stand in it.

No no no, you have to wear an outfit made entirely of rubber.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »

No no no, you have to wear an outfit made entirely of rubber.

Oh, hey, I have one of those.

Except it doesn't have eyeholes and I'll need to zip the mouth open to breathe.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Yea I really don't know how sparkies can work blind, it's quite impressive really.

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    They have the crotch antennae to pick up vibrations

• Options
    So our new ISP is increasing increasing their speeds for no extra charge, going from 30/60/90 to 35/75/150 for the same price points. Very psyched now. They're also going to be testsing 1gig speeds in a nearby city starting in 2015

• Options
    Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    My housemates can't tell the difference between clean and tidy. Nearly every dish in the house was left on the draining board when I got back last night after the long weekend and even though they had supposedly been washed they were still greasy and filthy.

It's getting to the point where I almost want to move out because talking to them seems to make things worse and I seem to be the only person who minds living in tidyish filth.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

Which ISP is that?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »

Which ISP is that?

Brighthouse! It's pretty great, the only downside to their model is they're regional, and only operate in 5 states.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »

Which ISP is that?

Brighthouse! It's pretty great, the only downside to their model is they're regional, and only operate in 5 states.
    I figured it was them.

Now I gotta hope the lowest tier gets an upgrade too. Us lowbies need more speed!

sig.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    My housemates can't tell the difference between clean and tidy. Nearly every dish in the house was left on the draining board when I got back last night after the long weekend and even though they had supposedly been washed they were still greasy and filthy.

It's getting to the point where I almost want to move out because talking to them seems to make things worse and I seem to be the only person who minds living in tidyish filth.

I was literally just coming in here to say this. My left tit for housemates who actually get things clean when they do the washing up.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I had that problem once and it basically turned out to be a person that had bad eyesight and lived in denial and didn't see what he was doing.

Also living on my own I am running into issues keeping my cutlery clean for some reason, it looks good while wet but when I dry it it develops stripes, I feel real dumb apparently not knowing how to clean.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
This discussion has been closed.