As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Renting] Thread

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    we are in the early stages of renovating our kitchen - choosing appliances and stuff, joy of joys - but we are totally stuck on what colors to put in our kitchen

bleh

Wood benchtops!

nah

wouldn't match the rest of the living area, plus we've had them before and I didn't like how high-maintenance they are

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    WOOD EVERYTHING

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Post pics of the interior of your living room and the kitchen!

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    If you go with Pyrolave (a glazed volcanic rock you can get it in any color.

pyrolavecounters.png

• Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Thats some bold ass color.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    the kitchen ceiling in the house I'm buying is covered in campbell's soup wallpaper

I'm not sure if I love it or if it's insane

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    not necessarily mutually exclusive

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Concrete benchtops.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I bought some MALMs after living years too long with insufficient / plastic furniture

poo
  • Options
    YxxsIsFl.jpg

Do I put
    6 drawer MALM chest of drawers

In spot A or B?

poo
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    My vote is B. Having the drawers by your bed makes it easier to put on your night clothes when you're about to go to sleep and pick your day clothes as soon as you wake up.

e: Also, having a chest of drawers right in your face as soon as you open the door isn't aesthetically pleasing.

Kaplar on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    as long as it doesn't end up being so close to the desk that you're constantly bumping your chair into it when you get up B is def the better spot

A is a prime kick your shit off when you walk in the room location

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah that narrowness was my concern with B
    A would mean I have a nice open space near my bed which could be nice, but having a chest of drawers right by the entrance is also eh

I'll finish building and play around
    A would also mean I need some extension cords but nbd

Sigh, 7' wide bedroom....

poo
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I had a Malm. Never move with it, it will fall to pieces.

• Options
    captaink wrote: »
    I had a Malm. Never move with it, it will fall to pieces.

that is why i was reluctant to get them
    but i shoulda bought furniture for this room like, years ago, i was using fucking plastic drawers from college
    for like... 4 years
    as, ostensibly, an adult

but, even if these just last for the time i live here it is fine. though i of course regret not getting them years ago since i've stayed in the same apartment that whole time....

poo
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Weird, our Malm is still in perfect condition after our move.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I woke the building manager up at 5am this morning and lit a fire under his ass because this was the 3rd time we've been woken up with nasty shower run-off from upstairs leaking through our ceiling all over our food prep and cooking area. Maintenance guys from the owning company and some plumbers were here for, haha, an unrelated issue this morning and a lit a fire under them too. I've got an email history about this problem to both the manager and the parent company tenant support address. One more chance.

This happens one more time and I've got a nice form submission or telephone contact for the city of Seattle department of planning and zoning that handles code enforcement and tenant complaints and I know every last dirty bit of everything about this building.

edit: People looking to move to Seattle? Never go to a Northwest Apartments building.

Weaver on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    so apparently I have collected an insane amount of shit in the 5 years I lived in this apartment.

in other news, I am moving into an actual house with my girlfriend. this house has 30 years of accumulation, so it's been a bit fun!

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Set building on fire.

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Let's not forget the water damage, and the fact that OUR WALL IS LITERALLY SAGGING AWAY FROM US.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    We've gotta try to save up money for a new deposit plus whatever first/last rent a new place will require by the summer and then move in the summer of the period of time with the highest rent increases in history.

Yay.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I'd call that a selling point!

Really helps open up the room.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Weaver's been shutting off the water upstairs and then leaving a sign, which enrages the 5th floor. I've been taking the mop and holding up pots to catch the flow.

By the way this all falls onto our surge protector because we have one outlet but live in the 21st century.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    nuka wrote: »
    Weaver's been shutting off the water upstairs and then leaving a sign, which enrages the 5th floor. I've been taking the mop and holding up pots to catch the flow.

By the way this all falls onto our surge protector because we have one outlet but live in the 21st century.

Whoa

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Mysst wrote: »
    so apparently I have collected an insane amount of shit in the 5 years I lived in this apartment.

in other news, I am moving into an actual house with my girlfriend. this house has 30 years of accumulation, so it's been a bit fun!

so

self help books can be silly but i read this book this week along with decluttering and building my ikea shit
    http://www.amazon.com/Its-All-Too-Much-Living/dp/0743292650

it... has been so absurdly helpful i can't even say
    like... honestly it was almost emotional reading that shit

poo
  • Options
    also of course i finish building my malm, but one plastic locking nut short....

poo
  • Options
    My room is 100x more livable now
    I need some more Skubbs tho

And some art

What do you guys do about art and decor

poo
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    My room is 100x more livable now
    I need some more Skubbs tho

And some art

What do you guys do about art and decor

Dude, you're in NYC, go find some artist collectives or street art.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Hello shelter of humans thread.

Our house has just had the first of the insulation completed, our wall insulation. And already it seems to be making a huge amount of difference.
    Also, we just bought a new washing machine and installed it. Yay!

And I bought a ton of artwork to go on walls while we were on holiday.

And and, I'm setting down to do some drafting/room designs for when our 2nd bedroom will eventually become a nursery (not yet though!)

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I move into a townhouse tomorrow with two of my buddies. One of them was my previous roommate, Elliot, which left the other roommate, Zach, feeling a bit betrayed (I've only known Elliot for two years, while I've known Zach for twenty...).

It is $1550 plus utilities for around 1700 square feet. The rooms are big, so big...

My other roommate, Tristan, & I ended up having to flip a coin to decide who got the room with the walk-in closet.

Well, tails never fails...

I have a walk-in closet!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    But aren't you out of the closet? What do you need a walk-in for?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    SHUT UP RON!!!!

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »

Well, it's Zonugal, so he probably needs it to store all his amazing color-coordinated suit combos.

• Options
    Sheesh, saaaawww-ree!

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Well, it's Zonugal, so he probably needs it to store all his amazing color-coordinated suit combos.

I'd say 40% of my wardrobe is just costuming.

It's pretty bad...

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

It's pretty bad...

Is it really costuming if you could wear it "normally"?

I mean sure, you'll probably get some looks, but that's because it's loud, not because it's inappropriate.

• Options
    edited February 2015

It's pretty bad...

I mean sure, you'll probably get some looks, but that's because it's loud, not because it's inappropriate.

Listen, this is not "casual-wear"!!!

10451785_10152977290651095_7557666232979748457_n.jpg?oh=f559670ce92ec9b233250c8849db8366&oe=5563D009&__gda__=1432079088_f9eb782376b975e8b75681c0f6046fbb

Zonugal on
  • Options
    It's certainly not formal

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular

It's pretty bad...

Listen, this is not "casual-wear"!!!
    10451785_10152977290651095_7557666232979748457_n.jpg?oh=f559670ce92ec9b233250c8849db8366&oe=5563D009&__gda__=1432079088_f9eb782376b975e8b75681c0f6046fbb

No, but it is fabulous

This discussion has been closed.