As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [GTAV] Thread is old and busted, go find the new one.

• Options
    jaredburtonjaredburton Registered User regular
    This sixteen person limit is really starting to fuck with my enjoyment. Local H Jay, Tasty Spoon Veev ... Something, and myself had some pretty rocking times. Oh, and Jay is bad at golf. That's how you can beat him.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    doctors have recently proven being good at golf causes terminal ass cancer so, you're all gonna be dead in a week anyway. it's just science.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I see someone got sand in their shorts

• Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Fun times with Carb0n and mbannick tonight on PS3. I think it was Vig that was there for a brief period of time when the four of us basically were wandering around, team murdering anyone who shot at one of us (i.e. me). Fun times hunting bounties as well. Was also nice three-manning that Processed Survival game.

Thanks all, fun night.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    Fun racing on 360 tonight guys! It's amazing how fast the money rolls in even when doing 3-4 man races. By the time I put it up after maybe 3-4 hours I'd made almost 180k. Far easier and much more fun than running missions, especially with the even further gimping of payouts.

I can't decide if I like motorcycles or compact cars in the rain better. There are a couple of shortish twisty races that are ridiculous and fun as hell when everyone is in tiny underpowered fwd cars and sliding all over the place. Also that tunnel race on motorcycles can go stuff itself. There are too many bits sticking out on the edges to splat yourself on for it to be any fun.

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Sorry @marikir and @mbannick for shooting you during that challenge deathmatch. The fact that other people are around sort of defeats the purpose of one-on-one. Especially since you show up red in the world like an enemy. Not going to bother from now on if I'm grouped up.

Also that survival in the oil fields was stupid easy, easier in a lot of ways than even Boneyard. Not that I'm complaining about having another $20k in my bank account ;-)

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular

Interesting. I wonder if this has the same streaming issues as the PS3 digital version.
    You download disc two, launch that, then it grabs the contents of disc one.

• Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    If anyone wants to do any races in the next few hours let me know, playing with pubbies is boring and frutrating. Drove a dump truck all the way to the city then got one shot by an attack helicopter. :(

Edit: On 360 btw name is TPSou

TPSou on
  • Options
    naiyxesnaiyxes Registered User regular
    Bought a voltic. I wanted to be Ky Kiske and ride the lightning. I love the car, but I really hate the limited customization options.

PSN/XBL/Steam- Naraset
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Do we want to split the Crews, or do we want to try pruning inactive people? If you want to prune, I need suggestions on how.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Sorry @marikir and @mbannick for shooting you during that challenge deathmatch. The fact that other people are around sort of defeats the purpose of one-on-one. Especially since you show up red in the world like an enemy. Not going to bother from now on if I'm grouped up.

Also that survival in the oil fields was stupid easy, easier in a lot of ways than even Boneyard. Not that I'm complaining about having another $20k in my bank account ;-)

Challenge deathmatch when there's a guy in a tank running around is pretty neat.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    downerdowner Registered User regular
    naiyxes wrote: »
    Bought a voltic. I wanted to be Ky Kiske and ride the lightning. I love the car, but I really hate the limited customization options.

I bought a Vapid Bullet, and my complaint is similar. Now to save up money for all of the upgrades..

Also, sorry Arlinton and cleveralias for ignoring your party requests. Only had enough time to jump in and do some quick car sales and an armored truck.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Speaking of, what do you do for the armored trucks

I came across one yesterday and tried shooting open the door like in single player, but I got an empty clip and a 3-star wanted level for my trouble

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    Make members fight to keep thier wang status through stick fighting. Or racing/1on1dm/arm wraslin'

• Options
    darqnessdarqness KCMORegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Do we want to split the Crews, or do we want to try pruning inactive people? If you want to prune, I need suggestions on how.

Prune anyone whose username begins with a vowel.

Also anyone who has a male avatar with black spiky hair.

darqness on
  • Options
    Joolander wrote: »

I came across one yesterday and tried shooting open the door like in single player, but I got an empty clip and a 3-star wanted level for my trouble

You have to wish it open.

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    darqness wrote: »

Prune anyone whose username begins with a vowel.

Also anyone who has a male avatar with black spiky hair.

Anyone who plays as a female character when they are really men?
    trololol.gif

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    downerdowner Registered User regular
    edited October 2013

Sticky. In single player I was able to use a shotgun as well.

Edit; They're well worth it too. I haven't gotten less than 8k from one.

downer on
  • Options
    for simplicity sake we should just split them I think. WANG will become the 360 crew and y'all PS3 folk can make another penis jokecrew. also it seems like there's a decent amount of people who want the crew color changed to orange, I think we could do that as well.

• Options
    also, if @carbonfire would consider removing the background to the crew image, it might look better in-game on cars and clothing.

• Options
    downer wrote: »

Sticky. In single player I was able to use a shotgun as well.

Edit; They're well worth it too. I haven't gotten less than 8k from one.

You get eight-thousand dollars from a security truck in multi? I feel like I always got $500-$1000 in single.

• Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    I definitely want the crew colour changed just so I can tell the different between friends and crew on the minimap

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Closest distance to the hole: 0 inches.

Number of holes in ones: 0.

:|

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular

I still think keeping one Crew is best and what was intended. I can't believe that we will stay at 300 for long. New game releases, generic gaming malaise will remove some from being active.

The only thing I can think of is to make a 2nd crew for prospective members and periodically prune out inactives or defaulting members and bring in actives from the second.

As to how to prune, perhaps doing it by rank? If you are less than rank 2? Or 5? Something really small to start out with. Or playing time? Less than an hour equals gone.

Eventually the PC release will bring in even more as well. Splitting the Crew into platform specific Crews will only weaken the whole and disrupt the purpose of the cross platform Crew.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    also, if @carbonfire would consider removing the background to the crew image, it might look better in-game on cars and clothing.

I'd have to scale it so the arm and his antennae fit within the box (looks weird cut off without a background), but it's doable. I'll have a go at it later.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I agree that pruning is pointless. Battlefield 4 this month will probably cut regular players to a fraction of what we have. I know I have been on vacation and have not been able to play thanks to the "wireless" internet at my hotel. I think they have the router hooked into a dial up modem.
    Closest distance to the hole: 0 inches.

Number of holes in ones: 0.

:|

Someone find the sex joke in this. I can sense it is there.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Marikir wrote: »

I still think keeping one Crew is best and what was intended. I can't believe that we will stay at 300 for long. New game releases, generic gaming malaise will remove some from being active.

The only thing I can think of is to make a 2nd crew for prospective members and periodically prune out inactives or defaulting members and bring in actives from the second.

As to how to prune, perhaps doing it by rank? If you are less than rank 2? Or 5? Something really small to start out with. Or playing time? Less than an hour equals gone.

Eventually the PC release will bring in even more as well. Splitting the Crew into platform specific Crews will only weaken the whole and disrupt the purpose of the cross platform Crew.
    I have no way of knowing how much GTA somebody has played. :(

• Options
    well there are huge groups for sites like IGN, gamestop, and others that have groups with thousands of members. I dunno if there's an official Penny Arcade channel we could go through to maybe become an 'official' group. maybe e-mail khoo or something.

• Options
    Marikir wrote: »

I have no way of knowing how much GTA somebody has played. :(

You could....if the crew leaderboard even remotely worked.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Go to member ranking and just look at total time played.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Nosf wrote: »
    You want me to manually track play time for 300 people?

jdarksun on
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    You want me to manually track play time for 300 people?

and then kick yourself from the crew 'cause you spent all your time doing that instead of playing the game. :P

• Options
    bertinrowbertinrow aka Uberfish. the DustbowlRegistered User regular
    I'm staying on pretty regularly. I can tell you know I'm going to be taking a short break for Arkham Origins.

I floop the pig.

PSN: Bert_Bertinrow
  • Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    I'm almost finished with the Main Story and one huge thing I'm noticing while playing through
    They don't really want you to have a whole lot of money, maybe to make that final score more "rewarding", or.. they expect you to really work the stock market, which really then the Lester missions shouldn't even show up until after the story is done.. Yes I didn't know about the whole stock market thing with Lesters missions or and still don't have a good understanding of how to even use the stock market to make a profit from what little funds I do have (about 500k at the least on each character right now after the FIB took a good 6mil out of my last heist reward for that twin rotor.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    IF they do heists right , I think interest will increase 10 fold (at least for me).

Those were the best parts in singleplayer for me.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Rubycat wrote: »
    I'm almost finished with the Main Story and one huge thing I'm noticing while playing through
    They don't really want you to have a whole lot of money, maybe to make that final score more "rewarding", or.. they expect you to really work the stock market, which really then the Lester missions shouldn't even show up until after the story is done.. Yes I didn't know about the whole stock market thing with Lesters missions or and still don't have a good understanding of how to even use the stock market to make a profit from what little funds I do have (about 500k at the least on each character right now after the FIB took a good 6mil out of my last heist reward for that twin rotor.

i'm replaying without doing the L missions till the end for that reason. You can make decent money if you do it when they show up but not the $$$$$

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    its that 2nd mission you need to do right, otherwise you'll never be able to afford that golf course. i did missions 3 onwards after the main story abusing the stock market and only made around 104 mil on each character.

well there is
    if you buy all the cinemas as michael and just bide your time racking up the earnings while play gta online. all 3 cinemas give you 250odd k each week.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    What is the benefit to having people from different consoles in the same crew? We can't play with each other. We can't communicate with each other. Any get together announcment has to be preceded with which console it's on. So what is the crew benefit, and what is the individual player benefit for having a PS3 player and a 360 player in the same crew? About the only thing I can remotely think of is the crew level. But if there are so many people wanting to join, even splitting it up to 150 members per is still a lot of people contributing.

So if there's zero benefit, then you might as well split by console.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    What do crew ranks do? I ask because if they do something good, PS3 starting over would kind of suck.

BionicPenguin on
This discussion has been closed.