As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This [GTAV] Thread is old and busted, go find the new one.

jdarksunjdarksun StrugglerVARegistered User regular
edited April 2015 in Games and Technology

gtav_logo.jpg~original

What is GTA5?
Grand Theft Auto 5 is the latest installment of the well known open world world series.

So what can I do in this game?
What can't you do? Bike, drive, fly, run, shoot, swim. Check it out:

Can I play with my friends?
Absolutely. The announced multiplayer portion is Grand Theft Auto Online - join our Rockstar Social Club, We Are Nice Guys, and play with us! The Rockstar Social Club is platform independent, so it doesn't matter if you're playing on Xbox or PlayStation - join up!

So what's the campaign like this time around?
Join Michael, Franklin, and Trevor as they plan and execute six large heists in Los Santos. These three lovable scamps are iconic representations of past GTA protagonists - the reluctant criminal, the gang leader, and the psychopath. All three of them participate in missions together, enabling you to switch between them for different perspectives on the action. That's a first for this series.

What's this about not installing the Play disc for 360?
Rockstar warns: don't install GTA5 Xbox 360 "play" disc - Install mandatory 8GB "install disc" only.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-360-play-disc

Rockstar has warned Xbox 360 gamers not to install the Grand Theft Auto 5 "play" disc.

On Xbox 360 the openworld game comes on two discs: one mandatory "install" disc and one "play" disc, both around 8GB in size. It's a similar situation to Forza 4, which also shipped on two discs on Xbox 360.

Prospective GTA5 owners - some of which already have the game as a result of early shipping from Amazon.co.uk - might have wanted to install both discs, but Rockstar recommends against it.

"For optimal performance, we recommend not installing that disc," tweeted Rockstar Support.

Then, "An 8GB install is required. For optimal performance, we recommend not installing the play disc."

Rockstar has promised more information soon. For now, the upshot is, with GTA5 on Xbox 360, you have to install disc one but run disc two from the drive.

Zilla360 wrote: »
For anyone confused about subs/scuba diving (this should really go in the OP as the question keeps on coming up):

Yellow water vehicles only, to put it simply.

And yes, you heard it right - WE ARE FINALLY GETTING A PC PORT! Also on next gen consoles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DBrG2YjqQA

Rockstar Social Club/We Are Nice Guys stuff:
jdarksun wrote: »
Not a member of WANG? Want to be? Here's how!
1) Fill out this form!
2) Request an invite to our Crew here!
3) If you really want to get in ASAP, send me (@jdarksun) a PM!
4) Questions? Comments? Concerns? Contact @chasm (lJesseCusterl), @Allforce, @Dusda (dusda.kisou), @jdarksun, or @Local H Jay (LocalHJay).
Current Roster (may not reflect recent changes)

Gang Attack Locations!
RAJ0MW3.jpg

Car Charts!
Pretty, but not sortable
Sortable, but not pretty
This one is pretty and pre-sorted!

* - not banned in all off Australia, just a couple stores (Target and Kmart).

Grand Theft Auto Online – Heists!

PC Specifications
Minimum specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

jdarksun on

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Whoo a new one! :D

I am ranking up so slow, sure'd be nice to make enough cash to get a real apartment. I'm at 140k right now.

Eye on the prize.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I wake up, new thread.

Life is good.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Dropping the death tax to 500 really made me want to fight people in free roam a lot more.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Wow, I've had 57 bounties placed on me. Damn those vindictive NPCs, always putting hits out on me from the afterlife.

I really need to stop stealing so many cars.

i forgot to post this earlier but apparently NPCs don't have to be anywhere near you to place a bounty. stole a crappy parked car, no one around, BANG!, $5K bounty on me. :( guess its back to just jacking any ride i want, when i want then.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    If you can steal a bike, you can steal a jumbo jet.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Just a random thought I had. Have you guys notice that there are never two or more NPCs in a car unless they want to kill you? I remember in GTA3, I would jack a ride, go batshit crazy over LC, and the passager would scream bloody murder the whole time until I stop and he jumped out.

I missed that.

In the normal game you can have the occaisional passenger in the car. It rarely happens in multiplayer, probably due to limitations.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular

I am ranking up so slow, sure'd be nice to make enough cash to get a real apartment. I'm at 140k right now.

Eye on the prize.

The first half of the stimulus ($250k) should be hitting in the next day or two, so hold out just a little longer.

I have the ~$230k Alta St Apartment, and I like the location so much, I don't feel any need to upgrade to the more expensive apartments. It's a short drive to 3 different Mod Shops, and it has easy access to all the main roads in LS.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
    Yeah I have a highrise apartment right across from a construction site. Its pretty nice, the only downside is its on a major thouroughfare so half the time when I leave my garage some ass clown slams into my god damn car.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Damn, so the Stimulus Package hasn't hit yet? I haven't had a chance to check yet, and I was hoping I'd be able to buy that 400k apartment tonight when I hopped on.

milk ducks on
    Nah we got a patch this morning to fix a bunch of money exploits, but no stimulus package. The Ted Cruz of GTA is filibustering it apparently.

I wish you didn't have to maintain speed to remain on a jet. I wanted to have a fight on the wing of a titan in mid flight!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    CarbonFire wrote: »

Eye on the prize.

The first half of the stimulus ($250k) should be hitting in the next day or two, so hold out just a little longer.

I have the ~$230k Alta St Apartment, and I like the location so much, I don't feel any need to upgrade to the more expensive apartments. It's a short drive to 3 different Mod Shops, and it has easy access to all the main roads in LS.

I bought the garage next to the airport. It's the only building I own, so I always load into it. It's nice, cause everytime I join a session, it's just a block to the nearest helicopter. Kinda makes me not want to buy anymore property.

• DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Apologies for my absence. I blame work, and Blizzard for sending me a Hearthstone invite.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
    Without an apartment you can't watch tv, smoke a bong, or sing in the shower. These are important things!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • EdgieEdgie TampaRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Without an apartment you can't watch tv, smoke a bong, or sing in the shower. These are important things!

You're forgetting green drink!

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Killing NPCs should have a small chance to make them drop clothes. Punch the hat off a dude. kick a lady so hard her shapes fly free

I would have done that to the Astronauts in the Movie Lot to get a space suit.

• EupfhoriaEupfhoria Registered User regular
    sent a crew request. I don't have a mic, but I swear I'm not a moron. Usually.

steam_sig.png
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Killing NPCs should have a small chance to make them drop clothes. Punch the hat off a dude. kick a lady so hard her shapes fly free
    lol, her shapes fly free

jdarksun on
  • TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    Never had so much work go into creating what is ultimately a disappointing shot. Can you work out what's going on here? (Full answer in spoilers)
    0_0.jpg
    That is a man in a mask standing on top of one of the big dump truck things from the quarry freefalling towards the desert after being dropped by a Cargobob from maximum height. He exploded shortly afterwards.

So you're saying you tried to take care of the contraband problem and failed.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BehumatBehumat Registered User regular
    Screwing around before work today, couple of ass clowns are circling the city in their helicopters hunting people. They landed to hunt me down in a parking garage, so I strolled up and stole one of the helicopters. I'm actually rather proud of that.

• KryhsKryhs Registered User regular
    Did lung capacity get patched too? I just swam vertically across the Alamo Sea in two breaths. It's crazy.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    lol, her shapes fly free

Shoes! Fuck you, phone

lol, her shapes fly free

Shoes! Fuck you, phone

That's actually funny because it sort of worked and I thought you were being poetic.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    mmm, dat new thread smell

I will be on in an hour or two for shoot-mans

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Should be on in about an hour or so myself and would be up for some man-shooting/golf/darts/ect.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
    mmm, dat new thread smell

I will be on in an hour or two for shoot-mans

Don't you mean explode cars?

Kryhs wrote: »
    Did lung capacity get patched too? I just swam vertically across the Alamo Sea in two breaths. It's crazy.

yea, I think they fixed lung capacity. I'm at max and I can hold my breath forever, it feels like.

• BehumatBehumat Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to my cash infusion. Getting myself some big fancy place so I can skulk about outside practicing my stealth by sneaking up on people and karate chopping them. Hi-YA!
    At least until the cops show up and I have to run back inside until they go away.

• Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    I've been absent due to family stuff happening. I probably won't be back on tonight. Maybe tomorrow? I am the worst criminal.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • hypotheticalhypothetical Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    That awkward moment when you are up 5 to 1 in tennis and the other guy comes back and kicks your ass into the ground. /sad trombone
    Good job fellow WANGer whose name I forgot.

hypothetical on
    steam_sig.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    de0md3.jpg
    no words...should have sent a poet

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I have zero chance of getting cool car mods because I suck at racing...this makes me a sad bunny.
    well aside from crew members throwing the race so I can get some :( or should that be a :D

also has anyone managed to buy car/vehicles thta are in the millions here? or up there 750k?

Egos on
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    That awkward moment when you are up 5 to 1 in tennis and the other guy comes back and kicks your ass into the ground. /sad trombone

would it be bad form to point out that that was my first time playing tennis in the game? :P

• hypotheticalhypothetical Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

would it be bad form to point out that that was my first time playing tennis in the game? :P

/wrists

Nah man you totally earned that win. Props to you! :mrgreen:

steam_sig.png
    That picture was obviously a photoshop!

• AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    I'm going to be getting my crime on in Xbox 360 land, send me an invite of whatever type if you're up for crew shenanigans.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    TPSou wrote: »
    Never had so much work go into creating what is ultimately a disappointing shot. Can you work out what's going on here? (Full answer in spoilers)
    0_0.jpg
    That is a man in a mask standing on top of one of the big dump truck things from the quarry freefalling towards the desert after being dropped by a Cargobob from maximum height. He exploded shortly afterwards.

It would be awesome if you could snatch a pic right before it exploded and you see the dude partially encased in flames. But I feel like the game instantly takes you to 3rd person view when action stuff is happening. I did manage to get some weird pics as Trevor was falling though where it didn't quite look like he was holding the camera himself. So who knows!

Not particularly cool pics, but just to give you some idea of what happens if you start self-portraiting and do shit
    0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    More WANG requested. Check cell phone for invite. 360 Only, PS3 need not apply.

This discussion has been closed.