As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [GTAV] Thread is old and busted, go find the new one.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
  • Options
    E-gongaE-gonga Registered User regular
    I wasn't in the least bit interested in Capture Creation... until I read that you can place AI characters. Suddenly my mind is a flurry with ideas of knife-only stealth sections, crazy AI rocket launcher getaways and impenetrable fortresses built on top of car parks.

• Options
    Aww man, you can't lock the starting weapons? I spent ages making a melee only Capture mode, tested it and my weapon wheel was blank - it was awesome. It was like the Prison Riot Deathmatch only you were also attacking two AI businessmen being protected my AI hired goons. It would have been awesome.

First time hosting in public and I get shot with a rifle. Everyone starts using guns, and everything I made was undone.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    So interesting thing about the gamespy shutting down. Older rockstar games will have things in their social club stop working for RDR and GTA4. the quick reference they stated was basically 'older the game the more missing features'(leaderboards/online tracking), but stated MP itself will be fine because it isnt using gamespy. Nothing is effected with GTA5

So, it makes me wonder if the silence about heists and other things were because they have been bum rushing to get social club ported from gamespy to another service, or in house for GTA5. I would think from a PR perspective that they would have had previews or been to media outlets showing off heists by now, since they said it would be out 'in spring'.

Also, from what I hear, RIP 'coveted'.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Finally finished the singleplayer yesterday. I enjoyed the whole thing and want to go back to finish out strangers & freaks and some other stuff, but all the way through, I felt it came short of challenging my love for Liberty City and its characters. Good game, incredible technical accomplishment, but it lacked something that I fell for back in 2008.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    I would be tempted to say the delay has been caused by the recent money glitch patch; they probably didn't anticipate the delay which is why they announced High Life prematurely. Once that's sorted and the community is sated they'll probably get to work on Heists.

Speculation is also abound that they're holding back Heists to coincide with the Watchdogs release, although that has a whiff of conspiracy theory about it.

Either which way, I'm bloody desperate for a second garage. I don't care about the new cars or customisable apartments; I just want room for a Faggio :(

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    E-gonga wrote: »
    Aww man, you can't lock the starting weapons? I spent ages making a melee only Capture mode, tested it and my weapon wheel was blank - it was awesome. It was like the Prison Riot Deathmatch only you were also attacking two AI businessmen being protected my AI hired goons. It would have been awesome.

First time hosting in public and I get shot with a rifle. Everyone starts using guns, and everything I made was undone.

Now you know how every dev for everything feels. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Double RP and Cash today and tomorrow on all activities. That's 36k per Rooftop Rumble!

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52242/Get-Double-GTA-Double-RP-Today-and-Tomorrow-in-GTA-Online

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    So interesting thing about the gamespy shutting down. Older rockstar games will have things in their social club stop working for RDR and GTA4. the quick reference they stated was basically 'older the game the more missing features'(leaderboards/online tracking), but stated MP itself will be fine because it isnt using gamespy. Nothing is effected with GTA5

So, it makes me wonder if the silence about heists and other things were because they have been bum rushing to get social club ported from gamespy to another service, or in house for GTA5. I would think from a PR perspective that they would have had previews or been to media outlets showing off heists by now, since they said it would be out 'in spring'.

Also, from what I hear, RIP 'coveted'.

I gave up on GTA:O after the first few months when a lot of promises were undelivered and they still couldn't get it stable enough to play without risk of losing progress.

• Options
    Double RP and Cash today and tomorrow on all activities. That's 36k per Rooftop Rumble!

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52242/Get-Double-GTA-Double-RP-Today-and-Tomorrow-in-GTA-Online

What level is required for RR? I'm not sure I've ever done it. Coveted is gone for sure, right? I was doing that one over and over for so long...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I think 75 is the level for RR. If you select "Random Contact Mission" at the moment there's probably a high chance of you getting into the Rumble as it'll be spammed like crazy this weekend.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I think 75 is the level for RR. If you select "Random Contact Mission" at the moment there's probably a high chance of you getting into the Rumble as it'll be spammed like crazy this weekend.

Crap I am 68... Was going to grind it with coveted. whoops. Wonder what the quickest way besides 'winning' races would be.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

Crap I am 68... Was going to grind it with coveted. whoops. Wonder what the quickest way besides 'winning' races would be.

You can still join if you're below the level requirements. A friend or crew member can invite you, although I'm not sure if selecting "Quick Mission" will work.

So many people are farming it at the moment that it may as well say "Quick Rumble". Give it a go, see what happens.

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    coveted is still accessible from the actual waypoint, just not the menu. you have to go there after midnight ingame.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options

You can still join if you're below the level requirements. A friend or crew member can invite you, although I'm not sure if selecting "Quick Mission" will work.

So many people are farming it at the moment that it may as well say "Quick Rumble". Give it a go, see what happens.

I did this, I was able to get to 75 in like 2-3 hours. Wooo!

I'll be on doing this tonight if anyone wants to play. It's much easier with 1 guy taking the guys out, and another guy running and grabbing a copter for quick escape.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fun fact I've learned tonight; it is entirely possible to take out the professionals in Rooftop Rumble without firing a single bullet.

Somebody on the GTA forums mentioned that if you approach a professional and press Circle (not sure what the Xbox equivalent would be) then you knock them out with a melee attack BUT the other professionals don't acknowledge it. This only works with non-melee weapons, apparently. I gave it a go and I can confirm it worked - I pistol-whipped my way through the entire garage without a single reaction from them.

They mentioned that it isn't 100% guaranteed, so if you see the professionals duck or react to you then take cover FAST. Still quite a cool little thing to know, though.

• Options
    http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52245/GTA-Online-The-High-Life-Update-Coming-Next-Week-Tuesday

The High Life update has been announced for next Tuesday (13/5) and some details have been revealed such as apartment locations and the classes for the new vehicles.

• Options
    Does anyone already have plans for the extra storage space?

I'm going to test drive the new vehicles in SP to see if I like them, and maybe give the Jester and Alpha another chance. The only definite vehicle I'm going to buy is the Faggio. I jacked one in free mode recently and it was actually quite fun. Nearly as slow as walking, mind you, but fun nonetheless.

• Options

I'm going to test drive the new vehicles in SP to see if I like them, and maybe give the Jester and Alpha another chance. The only definite vehicle I'm going to buy is the Faggio. I jacked one in free mode recently and it was actually quite fun. Nearly as slow as walking, mind you, but fun nonetheless.

SCOOTER BROTHERS.

forumsig.png
  • Options

Probably start with 'non min/maxed' vehicles that customize nicely. So a show garage and a functional garage. But probably mix in the two because if you are pinned in one side of the city it will be nice to have something functional in 2 places.

I want the new bike, It's so expensive I am curious if it's any better than the bati/akuma.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh, I was wondering something about the campaign: you can obviously replay missions and heists and that easily enough, but is there any way to replay a heist with a different setup? Where I chose one approach, is it possible to select one of the alternatives and try that instead?

forumsig.png
  • Options
    8 months after buying it and I'm still learning new things about this game.

Last night I decided to see what happens if you try to land a plane on water. I'd sink, obviously, but would it explode on impact? Would the wings fall off?

I quickly learned that if your vehicle - any type of vehicle - has its windows intact and the doors closed then you can actually survive underwater indefinitely. Nothing works, mind you; the radio stops and in the Buzzard the missiles won't fire, but it's still a neat touch. I also evaded a bounty by sinking a Titan to the very bottom of the deep sea and waiting for my hunters to lose interest.

Oh! And you can drink yourself to death by continuously sipping whiskey in your apartment. Your character collapses and you respawn at the nearest hospital.

...I need to get a life :P

• Options
    I'm just trying to play the stock market to earn Michael enough money to buy the golf course. I stupidly blew a couple of the assassination missions early and couldn't capitalise on them when I had enough money to do so. I'm about $20m short and it's really frustrating, because none of my attempts at boosting a company by hurting their rivals seem to be very effective.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    I think BAWSAQ is determined by the online communities actions. Try and use the other market if possible, that should be easier to manipulate.

• Options
    I think BAWSAQ is determined by the online communities actions. Try and use the other market if possible, that should be easier to manipulate.

But doctor, I am Pagliacci!

Yeah I'm using the LCN or whatever it's called :( I spent ages blowing up Clucking Bell trailers (ones at their depot up north) while holding Burger Shot shares, and it barely seemed to do anything, if it actually did anything at all. Burger Shot's price would go up, but drop right back down again seemingly regardless of how much mayhem I was causing. Tried the same thing with a semi-reliable spawn of Post-Op vans, which didn't to much at all to Go Postal's price.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Playing the other night with my friends. We got the coveted armored car spawn.Robbing it, another spawned, robbed it, another spawn. We chain spawned armored cars for 2-3 hours straight. So much money and 5 star avoidance.

It was fun, but there is something seriously wrong with how that works. They need to just have a 'daily deposit' or random spawns that don't show up till you see one, then its marked on the map. or just the current system, but much more randomized/happens more often.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah I've had that trigger a few times with my brother. No idea what was causing it, but since neither of us are particularly flush we went and farmed it for a good couple of hours.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    I find that Armoured Trucks spawn more frequently in sessions with fewer players. In fact I earned about 80k last week from one session where I was on my own and the things kept spawning right next to me.

I've also noticed that if the Armoured Truck spawns next to another player then it's not worth approaching. Not necessarily because the other player will beat you to it but sometimes the trucks appear to be 'locked' to a player. When I approach these kind of trucks they tend to either disappear or they don't drop any money.

• Options
    You know, I think I'd like for Rockstar to be able to include a wider range of policing and justice than the pretty binary 'nothing to see here' and 'MURDERSQUAD, ROLL OUT'. Yes different star ratings indicate elevated force, but a one star is almost always upgraded to a two within seconds of any misdemeanour, and at two they immediately start with lethal force. I guess I'd like to see either a kind of cautionary cooldown system or just generally more conflicts being resolved in a location without the need for police to spawn in around the corner and bust everything up.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I'd like to see the cops give you a ticket at 1 star. No getting arrested, just "Sir, here's your fine."

• Options
    edited May 2014
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I'd like to see the cops give you a ticket at 1 star. No getting arrested, just "Sir, here's your fine."

Exactly, something to say "we're not going to chase you from one end of the map to the other over this, but we're watching you and will go after you if you keep it up".

edit: I guess the problem is, whether you've got a 1* or a 5* wanted level, you run. If you do anything worthy of police attention, you run because it's always going to escalate and so your only chance is to get away as soon as possible. I'd rather a system that didn't immediately force you to run or die/be arrested, because in those instances there's no point being busted as it's a worse punishment than death, so you might as well run and try to not die or blow yourself up if necessary.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »

Exactly, something to say "we're not going to chase you from one end of the map to the other over this, but we're watching you and will go after you if you keep it up".

edit: I guess the problem is, whether you've got a 1* or a 5* wanted level, you run. If you do anything worthy of police attention, you run because it's always going to escalate and so your only chance is to get away as soon as possible. I'd rather a system that didn't immediately force you to run or die/be arrested, because in those instances there's no point being busted as it's a worse punishment than death, so you might as well run and try to not die or blow yourself up if necessary.

Clearly the solution is to allow the player character to sit on a bench to hide from the police.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    darleysam wrote: »

Clearly the solution is to allow the player character to sit on a bench to hide from the police.

Los Santos needs more hay carts, that's for sure.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    I am well and truly gutted. Men get a few re-coloured suits and women get NOTHING. Bah!

The new cars are pretty cool, and I've already bought a cheap 10-car garage to go with existing 10-car apartment. Feels good to be able to store cars again. I suddenly find myself wanting EVERY car that I see.

I went ahead and bought the new Super car, the Zentorno. I took one look at it in SP and knew I had to have it. I went for a black metallic paint job with lime green pearlescent with a white secondary. It looks like the Batmobile and Tron had an illegitimate love child. The Huntley' s pretty good for an SUV - going to test drive it some more with Trevor before buying it online. The Thrust is kind of weird. It's a big bike but has great speed, like a Bagger but with a Bati' s handling.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    They added some new musical horns too, (like Beethoven etc), including individual musical scales/notes.
    I can imagine seeing some YouTube videos in the future of people making music with a bunch of vehicles together.

Having the quick GPS/inventory in single player is pretty neat, I could have really used that before I went and finished the story.

The Bullpup isn't anything special really, even fully upgraded, it's about the same as the Carbine, with maybe a tiny bit less recoil climb.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    The Bullpup shreds vehicles. Ten bullets put behind the drivers side rear wheel takes out most cars.

Really digging the UI changes. The Quick Inventory is much easier to navigate now. Also, the new actions are great. I can see myself facepalming for a good long while.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    If you double-click R3 and L3 you can do the victory version of each taunt (the type you see at the end of Deathmatches).

I like the animation on the Bullpip. You can see the... bit... you know, the bullet bit?... it recoils and reloads, anyway.

• Options
    Yeah, so... I'm completely drunk on new car power. Every time I jack a random vehicle I find myself loving how it handles and wondering what mods are available. In two days I've bought 4 New cars, and I don't think I can stop.

I call this one Rayqueza;
    0_0.jpg

A Vapid Radius. I've always kind of liked how they look and handled. I've also considered owning a car in every class, and this was always my choice for SUV:
    0_0.jpg

And then I drove a Dubsta, liked how it handled and gawped at the sheer number of mods available to it. It was never a car I considered owning before.

0_0.jpg

Help me! I don't think I can stop myself!

• Options
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    I can imagine seeing some YouTube videos in the future of people making music with a bunch of vehicles together.
    Called it. Seven Nation Army on horns, awesomeness:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K700pARx1CQ

• Options
    So... Heists are due this Spring, and it's already June 2nd with no info released so far. That's a fun fact.

This discussion has been closed.