As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This [GTAV] Thread is old and busted, go find the new one.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    "We regret to inform you that we will have to delay the launch of GTA V until June 14, 2015. Sorry for the inconvenience"

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if I want to go from asian business lady, to strong black female who don't need no man, or not.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I want to go from asian business lady, to strong black female who don't need no man, or not.

Perhaps you can be bold and mix your stereotypes up; a black business lady who is in desperate need of a man. or something.

• Options

Perhaps you can be bold and mix your stereotypes up; a black business lady who is in desperate need of a man. or something.

I wasn't even going for a stereotype, classy lady is just a default for me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    here's a thought from the console.

Try and use in game voip- the reason? Your chars lips move when you talk!

And you will see it often as the lobbys all start with good looks at them.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »

The static from peoples mics and the lips moving from it used to freak me out on PS3.

• Options
    Campy wrote: »

The static from peoples mics and the lips moving from it used to freak me out on PS3.

The characters in GTA:O were very good at making the mouth noises of eating too. Finding and killing the eaters was an odd compulsion.

And I was just busting your chops, Dianno. :P

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Campy wrote: »

After playing a ton of Minecraft, I'd likely freak out and shoot the person uncontrollably, thinking that he/she is Creeper and is about to explode next to me.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options

It's a super awesome feature.

But to be fair, in game chat is always the worst. Every talk to random people? uhg. Gang + friend voice chat only. Then you talk to someone and can't tell if they are on system level chat and can't even hear you if they wanted to.

Quality never stands up even on consoles to the system level chats it seems(at least on PSN).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015

It's a super awesome feature.

But to be fair, in game chat is always the worst. Every talk to random people? uhg. Gang + friend voice chat only. Then you talk to someone and can't tell if they are on system level chat and can't even hear you if they wanted to.

Quality never stands up even on consoles to the system level chats it seems(at least on PSN).

Just because 90% of the time its crap doesn't mean we should rob ourselves of a company trying to do something cool.

Im cristmass eve levels of hype.

edit : first movie made by non rockstar folks in directer sweet poooooooop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ITAnNzj-zg

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    2 hours 15 minutes guys

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
  • Options
    downerdowner Registered User regular
    30 minutes until launch!

31 minutes until our dreams (and the servers) are crushed!

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    downer wrote: »
    30 minutes until launch!

31 minutes until our dreams (and the servers) are crushed!

If the server hamsters start dying en mass, I will take the opportunity to install my shiny new OS SSD and reinstall GTA5 on that glorious drive.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Probably should get the new thread going before it so explodes.

• Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    Just remember these guys are in Scotland. So if y'all break the servers, it ain't gonna get fixed till tomorrow!

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Got my 360 controller. Got my gaming headphones. Got my pants not on. This shit has been too long.

Got my radio station. Ain't need no Playstation. Done with the preload. Ain't no more download!

Steam killer. Better you than me.
    Steam killer. Your server's going to it's knees!
    Steam killer. My family bout to be grieving (fuck em).
    Steam killer, cause tonight I get even.
    I was just typing out what I had ready to go then I realized it sounded like alt lyrics to Cop Killer.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    send me friend invites

We re private lobbying pretty fast!

Mojojoeo is the name on RSC

• Options
    Invite sent mojo, pablocampy on rockstar and everywhere for anyone else!

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Damn you all and your supercomputers!

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Aw nuts, mine downloaded something and is now crashing.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I had 70GB free after preload. It's just started decrypting and I currently have 40GB free.

Edit: 36GB now. So much for only needing 65GB. Good thing I played it safe.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Wait wait what

It downloaded something and now it's still saying encrypted.

Edit: Restarting Steam fixed it.

Edit 2: It ate 40GB. Time to move some files around.

Edit 3: And another download. My poor SSD. :(

Suriko on
  • Options
    Restart Steam

• Options
    edited April 2015
    So possibly foolishly I went immediately for GTA Online. Steam is now doing... something.

Edit: Yeah, there's some big ol' files sloshing around on my SSD. I only have GTA on that drive and it's taking up 110GB at the moment...

Campy on
  • Options
    Probably decrypting. 12 minutes in and down to 22GB. I guess that's my timer. When I hit 5GB free, done!

• Options
    Well whatever it's doing it's smashing my processor at 100% and it's half way done. Ca'meeeeeeen!

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I thiiiiink I'm at about 95%. Getting hype.

Edit: Decrypting done, I think. Downloading something now.

Edit 2: Steam's servers are taking a beating.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    Steam is having a fit, apparently. Steam update, decrypting, another steam update, rebooting again. Good lord.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    It looks like their DRM strategy was to encrypt, like, every single file of the 64GB preload install. :\

• Options
    Oh hey, AMD has a GTA V optimized driver out. Guess I'll install that while I wait.

• Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Nice.

Just had the decryption process fill up my SSD. Guess now I'm expected to uninstall any other game on my 250GB SSD just so I can gain access to my $59.99 purchase.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Dammit Rockstar, you were specifically asked about Steam unpacking and you told us, "nah dog it's cool."

Well it ain't.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    ughhhh....My SSD just freaking failed and now I am redownloading on another one. That was a bit of a buzz kill

Regret Edit: Also I shouldn't have waited until game day to link my xbox account

Dixon on
  • Options
    Haven't you learned by now to not believe Rockstar? :P

• Options
    Ugh. I'm in the same shitty no room on my SSD boat.

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Here lies Cities Skylines and Dead or Alive 5, sacrificed in service to GTA V.

Suriko on
  • Options
    So I think I've managed to massage it into working. I deleted (actually moved to another HDD, but same thing) two 271593_depotcache_1 files, one of which was about 16GB large. They were in the folder G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\depotcache.

Hopefully helps someone else out!

This discussion has been closed.