As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Anniversary event is go.

Edit: There's absolutely no reason to not throw green glyphs into my purples for now, is there? I can just overwrite with upgrades later correct?

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Unless it's an expensive or sought-after glyph (that you want to upgrade later), like say Violence/Vigour/Amelioration. Because once you put them in, the only way to save them is using an item from the cash shop.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Nah, just crafted greens so i get use of the slot

Polaritie on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Those are signets maki.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ...durr. Thanks Spoit. Not sure why I thought signets.

@Polaritie‌: Glyphs, sure, those don't really matter since they're easy to make. The limiting factor's the kits you get from NM dungeons, but that's for end-game gear.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    An achievement for having like nine different pets in Agartha at the same time? It's like herding cats expecting people to get the right golems out. And of course after a while/enough other people summoning and your pet despawns so the damn music starts playing right after mine goes away, which means I don't get the achivement anyway.

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Can anyone fill me in on the anniversary event? The website isn't incredibly helpful. Do I need The Black Signal?

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Wow, that is an incredibly helpful website, thanks!

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Well, I just did a 3-person Ankh and Facility NM run. We didn't even wipe during Facility, 22 minutes.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You find a new raid yet?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Maybe. Not sure. But I am going to try a 6 person NY on Sunday.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Geez.

• Options
    I'd say any of that was special, except people have duoed NM Facility and Epic Mutiny did a 5 person NY. Lag Spike is trying to do a 3 person NY, but there last attempt was kinda' exploity.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I thought Lag spike was epic mutiny, less a couple people?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'd say any of that was special, except people have duoed NM Facility and Epic Mutiny did a 5 person NY. Lag Spike is trying to do a 3 person NY, but there last attempt was kinda' exploity.

That's still leaps and bounds away from where I'm at. I doubt I'll ever get there.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I was actually the first one to spot and announce the golem in Kaidan just a bit ago. Felt kind of special, then overwhelmed since I don't have an autoMU add-on installed. :p

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I was actually the first one to spot and announce the golem in Kaidan just a bit ago. Felt kind of special, then overwhelmed since I don't have an autoMU add-on installed. :p
    Oh yeah, I should install that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Am I mistaken in this, or is it extremely difficult to find a tank before you hit elite levels?

As I said before, I re-rolled entirely and I've been going through the content from the beginning (running solo with a Chaos/Fist survival build and running a Fist/AR healing build for dungeons. I deliberately stayed away from a DPS-oriented dungeon build because it's always easy to find DPS).
    I've managed both Polaris and Hell Raised without an actual tank, but from what I remember the Darkness War and The Ankh aren't dungeons where you can go without one.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    @Fiendishrabbit‌: Try joining #sanctuary and asking. There's usually people there willing to help out with such things.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    In almost all MMOs the number of people who level as tanks is a fraction of the number who level as DPS and then change to tanking at end or near-end game.

A thought hit me last night about TSW lore, even though I don't really play anymore. According to the game lore, everything is true. Everything. Loch Ness Monster, vampires, conspiricy theories, etc. Well according to the everything is true... that means the Kim Jongs of Korea really ARE god-like beings.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Decomposey wrote: »
    In almost all MMOs the number of people who level as tanks is a fraction of the number who level as DPS and then change to tanking at end or near-end game.

A thought hit me last night about TSW lore, even though I don't really play anymore. According to the game lore, everything is true. Everything. Loch Ness Monster, vampires, conspiricy theories, etc. Well according to the everything is true... that means the Kim Jongs of Korea really ARE god-like beings.

No, I'm pretty sure propaganda doesn't count. Otherwise the secret societies wouldn't exist.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    And our video is uploaded now!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzGfh3aRRbQ

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @amnesiasoft‌ Are you using pistol/ele? Mind sharing your build?

ringswraith on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=74779

With the changes to Seal the Deal in 1.9, you should use that instead of Probability. Ignite also got changed to an instant builder at some point, so I use that instead too.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Was it changed yet again?

Actually, what the hell did the meta settle on after those changes

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I think everything is more or less the same. If you have a group that you know won't glance though, the tank can take Gore for an afflict instead though and everyone can take Gross Anatomy.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=74779

With the changes to Seal the Deal in 1.9, you should use that instead of Probability. Ignite also got changed to an instant builder at some point, so I use that instead too.

Hm, gonna give this a shot.

What's the proper rotation though? Several are mentioned in the thread but everything's from last year...

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    I just started playing this a few days ago. It is really fun but I am so confused! I'm in Kingsmouth still, I think I'm ALMOST ready to head to the Savage Coast but the last time I stumbled in there I got my ass handed to me. I confused about a few things. Where exactly do I get new weapons etc. The few vendors I have found seem to take all kinds of different currency of which I have no idea what it is or where it's coming from. Whenever I try to craft something I either am told that my materials are of too low quality (wtf?) or the result is worse than what I'm already using. Anyway, does somebody have advice for a noob? I'm currently using a straight up AR build (with secondary weapon equipped) and it works ok for me for now. I have points spread all over the place. AR, Blood, Blades, Chaos, etc. Not really sure what I'm doing there either.

I've recently been doing missions for those people on the bridge with the helicopters. They say they are hard in the mission description but I don't really have much of a problem unless I get a ton of adds. Am I almost ready for Savage Coast? I think I've done ALMOST everything here I can find.

• Options
    @Ataxrxes‌

Kingsmouth should get you gear that is up to QL (quality level) 3. You can get blue QL3 gear from the Polaris dungeon (IIRC, the mission is Into the Waters or something like that). But you won't get anything better than that, in the zone.

That is partly why you normally get your butt kicked upon moving to a new zone, since the new zone will he some QL's higher than what you have on you (assuming normal progression). You should be doing well enough in the beginning area of a new zone to get by, though, so if you're just flat-out getting killed left and right, we should start looking at other probable causes.

To answer your questions, though...

New weapons: As above, the dungeon for the zone will give you the best QL gear possible for that area. Each zone also has CoV (Council of Venice- them folk in the white uniforms and blue berets) vendors that will sell you green gear of the zone's QL. You purchase these with sequins; right now, you should be getting Sequins of Solomon Island; these count as currency used by CoV vendors, and you can use them to purchase gear in all three Solomon Island zones (Kingsmouth, Savage Coast, and Blue Mountain). The sequins themselves can be drops from any monster in the zone, or rewarded for completing missions.

Crafting: The toolkit you're using determines how good the item is. Toolkits, like all gear, have a QL rating- so you might have a green QL5 talisman toolkit, for example, which can craft green QL5 talismans. Each kit uses a specific tier of crafting material and it will say so in the tooltip when you hover over the kit.

Materials come in several tiers and can be combined (5 of one tier = 1 of next higher) or disassembled (1 of one tier = 4 of next lower tier), so that's how you'd make sure you have the right tier of materials.

As for your build, tell us what you're working with now, and we can help you better with it.

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Right now I am pure AR. I was playing around with Chaos at first because that's the only other weapon I had, then I tried blades which seemed good for when I got mobbed, then I tried a little of Blood but wasn't really digging that too much I guess. I don't know the exact names of the abilities but I basically just exploit Hindered state a lot then if I get surrounded I have two aoe's I can use. One is the skill that you jump back a bit and the other is a channeled one. It seems to be working pretty good with Anima Shot and I have that passive that starts a HoT when you Penetrate. I bought the blue AR from the CoV and I have a blue shotgun I got from a random drop but haven't messed with those at all yet. My talismans and whatnot are just random crap that I threw in with pretty much no thought whatsoever other than I needed the extra stats, no matter what they were, haha.

• Options
    What's the proper rotation though? Several are mentioned in the thread but everything's from last year...

Well, the first rotation is obvious.

2x Builder->Fire manifestation->3xBuilder->Blaze->Shootout (elemental force) (or the other way around, Shootout is the one benefitting the most from Elemental force, right?).
    The second rotation should be 3x Builder->Blaze->2xBuilder->Fire Manifestation->Shootout (elemental force)...or it's the same as the one before. Depends on how long it takes for the rotation to cycle through.

Manifestations are tricky like that due to their recharge. It's not always awesome. But the build has a free active slot. Now if you insert Anima Charge you have an extra blaze.

In which case the third cycle becomes 3xBuilder->Blaze->2xBuilder->Anima Charge->Blaze->Shootout (elemental force)
    6th cycle would be tricky though, and you might have to just insert an extra builder shot to time things right. Or using an auxiliary rocket or something, although I've heard that Elemental force and Auxiliary weapons don't always place nice with each other.

I think Lightning manifestation for the utility slot would work too? If you only use it to replace Fire manifestation every 3rd cycle there should be no problem and you'd have some AoE damage ability as well.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    You make that too complicated. It's probably more effective than what I do, but more effort.

5xIgnite, Filler, Fire Mani, Blaze, Shootout. Repeat.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You make that too complicated. It's probably more effective than what I do, but more effort.

5xIgnite, Filler, Fire Mani, Blaze, Shootout. Repeat.

Hmm. I missed that manifestations don't advance Ele force, so fire mani doesn't matter for the rotation.

It does mean that with a slightly more effective rotation you could double-blaze every other cycle, which should be worth it with Seal the Deal.

• Options
    And then sub the aux attack in for the non-2X ones?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    How uh, how front end stacked is this game?

Cause I'm at third zone of SOlomon Island and starting to get QL7 items dropping. Which is kind of worrying as I think QL10 stuff is the top tier you get from levelling. Are Egypt and Transylvania really short?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    How uh, how front end stacked is this game?

Cause I'm at third zone of SOlomon Island and starting to get QL7 items dropping. Which is kind of worrying as I think QL10 stuff is the top tier you get from levelling. Are Egypt and Transylvania really short?

Egypt is pretty short. Tedious but short. Transylvania is pretty long.

QL10.4.4 is the highest. You don't really need to worry about gear until you start running elite dungeons to start gearing up for nightmare dungeons and even then, if you know some people who can get you through all the elites and you can defeat the boss to run nightmares you can get geared pretty fast.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Egypt feels like the longest, because there can be a pretty massive difficulty spike depending on your build / how focused you spent your early points. Plus there is a lot of travel time.

Being front end stacked is actually nice in this game, since solomon is the best area imo. Trans isn't bad, its way better than Egypt.

• Options
    Dunno if it's just me, but IMHO Blue Mountain was the most tedious area in the game. Blue Mountain had highlights, sure, but in general it was pretty tedious. Especially since it contrasts with Innsmouth Academy.

Egypt features Khalid, Saïd, Nassir and gay english archeologists. The overall story arc is pretty cool too, you just can't go wrong with ancient cultists of the black sun (with Atens black-sun glaring over the final area like a Sauron-understudy).

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Problem for egypt for me was, the mythology was boring. I didn't know nor care about any of the mythological aspects, so it was just big "scary monsters".