As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    I've heard of at least two folks who've gotten 100% on their Augment wheels
    Those people didn't grind scenarios for it though. They were the people with billions of Pax that just bought their way to completion so quickly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    I've heard of at least two folks who've gotten 100% on their Augment wheels
    Those people didn't grind scenarios for it though. They were the people with billions of Pax that just bought their way to completion so quickly.

Well the one I heard of didn't just buy them. He/she mentioned running all of them every night (sometimes more than that, using exemptions). Not saying they didn't buy any of them, but based on what I've seen of the AH, you can't get 100% wheel with just that.

• Options
    It was actually probably easier to find them on the auction house earlier since there were the people dumping them early for obscene prices specifically because of people like that. Sure, they didn't literally buy every single one of them, but they certainly did not get all of the wheel purely through grinding.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh, definitely. Not arguing that.

...wish there were a scenario build I could use with my ranged weapons.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Just had the thought that our constant bitching about the game might be scaring off potential newcomers.

No, it's okay everybody! This kind of fatigue doesn't set in until a few hundred hours!

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I might start bashing my head against this soon. I was getting back into it, hit scenarios, and got beaten black and blue repeatedly even on Hotel Normal Solo. I'm not used to sucking at games, so I did the mature thing and quit playing instead of taking the time to figure out what I was doing wrong.

• Options
    Scenarios really require crowd control-centric builds. I know one of the vets here linked me a build that's served me well in them, if it weren't so late I'd log in and transcribe it. I'll do it tomorrow if nobody gets around to giving you their personal favorite before then.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Oh, definitely. Not arguing that.

...wish there were a scenario build I could use with my ranged weapons.

I thought claretta swore by SG/blood?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Claretta does Blood/Shotgun for scenarios, I believe. Could look at that. But knowing Claretta it probably only works if you have .5.5 gear and every single raid drop glyphed 8 different ways.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It did rely on CIB pretty heavily....which I missed the rolls for the last 3 of them :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Maledict66Maledict66 Registered User regular
    I think that depends on so many variables, though. I've heard of at least two folks who've gotten 100% on their Augment wheels, and that was months ago.

I will agree that the game itself has a lot of grinding. I still find it more enjoyable than, say, FFXI's grind. That pancake be ridiculous.

We are probably thinking of the same two people - I don't think there are more than 4 tops in the entire game who have completed the aug wheel. I wouldn't be surprised if there were only two.

I'm in LoMS, and one of my teammates is a guy who plays for 5+ hours a day. He has multiple alts all geared out at 10.4.4 and 10.5.5 level, and when flappy was running he was at almost every single one for the entire time period, day or night. He hasn't been buying augs, just getting them from drops, and he does the nightmare group scenarios every day as well as group elites as well.

He isn't *close* to maxing out the aug wheel.

I used to be a hardcore raider in EQ, and Secret World has grinds that put that game to shame.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I'd be fine with the length of time required, if only they had made enough content to go along with it.

• Options
    Question for you gear heads: Should I get the DPS signet that you can only slot into the Issue 6 headpiece, or is there a "generic" signet I should put in there?

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Question for you gear heads: Should I get the DPS signet that you can only slot into the Issue 6 headpiece, or is there a "generic" signet I should put in there?

If you're talking about Signet of the Kingdom- no. There are way better ones to use, like a Laceration.

@amnesiasoft: Yes, Claretta has one, but also yes, it relies on NY raid drops and 10.5 gear.

• Options
    GD Letter for August is up. About GD time!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    GD Letter for August is up. About GD time!

It's not even a week late, that's really good for FunCom timelines!

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Hey, they're adding in something for us to spend all those SP points on, yay!

It's to improve AEGIS, yay!

It'll probably be something ridiculous like 20 point to level up one level... ehhhhhh

• Options
    I think the first one is 40 points. I think all of one (maybe both?) skills is 625 SP or something like that.

The August letter is meant to be a look back on the month of August, not to be published in August. It also needs to go through translators (and is usually rather low priority for translation).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Patch Notes for this week.

Lots of QoL changes.

Changes to most abilities that hinder/impair.

New thing to spend SP on: AEGIS. One track reduces the cooldown on your abilities when you swap controllers; one increases the amount of damage converted to AEGIS damage. Both increase the amount of SP you can store, as well. First segment is 20 SP, next is 25, there are ten segments for each line.

Three new (elite) decks have been added. These are meant to help people who have just set foot in Kaidan. Panopticons can claim their reward right away- you get leather jackets (similar styles) for them.

Also, new sidestories pack is out.

• Options
    I did a couple of the new sidestories missions last night.

Ricky Pagan seemed a bit too much to me at first, but the cutscene for his first mission helped give him some nuance.

The mission item you get from it is simultaneously incredible and amazing while also being something I can see will become annoying in the wrong hands.

• Options
    Ricky Pagan has displaced Nassir as my favorite quest giver.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ricky Pagan has displaced Nassir as my favorite quest giver.

Wow. This is a strong comment. I'll have to go see this for myself at some point- I'm currently going down memory lane in FFXI with a good friend of mine.

• Options
    I would like to say that The Bank Heist is a great mission, but it is buggy as fuuuuuuck.

All of the other missions have been quite good, however! I'd say it's the best Sidestories pack yet.

• Options
    The Bank Heist continues a long tradition of boring missions, annoying mechanics, and making me want to play anything else.

• Options
    Figured out what my particular problem with Bank Heist was, had it submitted as a bug report via petition.

• Options
    I feel like Nusquam (is that Joel?) is having a public meltdown on the forums. He's been having crazy reactions to negative threads, and then he wrote this in a thread of *positive* feedback, where nobody had said anything bad at all:
    If you feel there is something "toxic" about people sharing when they are happy with something, then I suggest taking a long hard think about how you prefer people to speak to you.

And saying we don't care... Man I pull massive overtime on days when I am positive and feeling like I am doing something awesome for the community. The days when I am being harangued, well I usually go home and stay offline and away from people for a while.

Trust me, working for free for you guys is of tangible benefit to you and the game and I sure as hell am not the only person who does it on this team. The amount of overtime Davichi put into making those Ricky Pagan cinematics *perfect* - and just hearing they were appreciated made it worth it. Saying we don't care when you *don't know* is just... wrong.

Possibly running an MMO in desperate need of bugfixes and even more desperate need of more content that's woefully underfunded and understaffed, having already lost the most talented of its developers, is stressing him a bit?

• Options
    I feel like Nusquam (is that Joel?) is having a public meltdown on the forums. He's been having crazy reactions to negative threads, and then he wrote this in a thread of *positive* feedback, where nobody had said anything bad at all:
    If you feel there is something "toxic" about people sharing when they are happy with something, then I suggest taking a long hard think about how you prefer people to speak to you.

And saying we don't care... Man I pull massive overtime on days when I am positive and feeling like I am doing something awesome for the community. The days when I am being harangued, well I usually go home and stay offline and away from people for a while.

Trust me, working for free for you guys is of tangible benefit to you and the game and I sure as hell am not the only person who does it on this team. The amount of overtime Davichi put into making those Ricky Pagan cinematics *perfect* - and just hearing they were appreciated made it worth it. Saying we don't care when you *don't know* is just... wrong.

Possibly running an MMO in desperate need of bugfixes and even more desperate need of more content that's woefully underfunded and understaffed, having already lost the most talented of its developers, is stressing him a bit?

Out of curiosity, which forum/thread is this in?

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, our lord and saviour THE PAPER is back. A Skim.

...oh dear. That's a lot of blood.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I'm really enjoying Kaidan now that it actually has content.

• Options
    I got really bored with Kaiden, but yeah, now it has a decent number of quests it's not so bad. Still not enough, but much better.
    I think right now I'm mostly looking forward to the new scenario type, since I still need a bunch of augments and it will be nice to not have to defend the damn survivors any more.

• Options
    Maybe Halloween will have something to do in Tokyo.

Probably not, though.

• Options
    Even now, if I want to just sit down and play TSW, I can only play in Kaiden for about 2 hours before I'm out of quests I like to replay, and even replaying the others only adds another hour.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    They're planning on releasing Kaidan mall as a scenario right?

• Options
    They're planning on releasing Kaidan mall as a scenario right?

That is correct.

• Options
    Sorcha RavenlockSorcha Ravenlock Registered User regular
    Does anybody still have a buddy key they could share? My PC wasn't able to play this game before, but I've recently upgraded and this game has always intrigued me so I'd love to give it a try and see what it's like.

• Options
    Does anybody still have a buddy key they could share? My PC wasn't able to play this game before, but I've recently upgraded and this game has always intrigued me so I'd love to give it a try and see what it's like.

PM your email address and I'll send you one.

• Options
    AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    Everywhere I go is really vague on this but apparently there's a way you can skip doing vr sims for years to get into tokyo somehow?

Buying tokyo just to discover I needed to grind a previous dlc...more then a little frustrating.

• Options
    Acharenus wrote: »
    Everywhere I go is really vague on this but apparently there's a way you can skip doing vr sims for years to get into tokyo somehow?

Buying tokyo just to discover I needed to grind a previous dlc...more then a little frustrating.

Question: Have you actually started grinding scenarios for the oreos (Aureus)?

If the answer is yes, you're stuck.

If the answer is no, you need 1mil PAX to buy the fake credential.

• Options
    You don't have to buy any of the previous DLC to get to Tokyo, but if you don't buy any of the scenarios then you can only do one of the scenarios, Hotel, and only on Novice, Normal or Elite.

If you can get a gold on Normal Solo you get 8 oreos. Assuming you had absolutely no other oreos that way, you'd have to spend 10 days doing it - well technically a bit less since scenarios are only timed like a side-mission.

But you will get more oreos as you kill the bosses/get them in drops.

Otherwise, if you get the Further Analysis sidestories DLC pack, one of the missions will hint at the alternate way to get a falsified certification. The thing is that you have to talk to the guy to buy the false certifications while you are on the mission, otherwise you have to wait 72 hours to try again. Haven't done the false certification route personally but that's what I've heard from others.

• Options
    TierwulfTierwulf Registered User regular
    I bought it from the guy after I completed it. Doesn't make sense that you would need to purchase it during the mission, as the item doesn't open up until it is completed.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier