Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Secret World - Waiting for the Next Big Thing(TM)

1535455565759»

• ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, there's nothing else out there, officially. The official forums are somewhere between "wait and see" and "OMG it's gonna turn into another SWTOR!"

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    More proof that Funcom's marketing team is terrible. Those slides might be good for investors, but they should be accompanied by something targeted at customers.

Commander Zoom
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Look out, here I come! Registered User regular
    The only time I ever hear mention of Funcom's marketing team is when they are mentioned as telling the devs that they can't talk about something yet.

I hope that the devs can convince marketing to give more details about this very soon because the vague wording of this, combined with the very long silence preceding it, is leading people to conclude the worst.

playingalonesig.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    ringswraith
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Man, if they actually do some sort of Combat Upgrade to TSW I may actually come back to try it. The lore and atmosphere of the game is amazing, but the extremely limiting combat is what eventually drove me from the game.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, I feel I should warn you: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
    Transporter
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Look, it can't possibly turn out any worse than Star Wars: Galaxies, amirite?

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    My wife and I got a copy of this from a humble bundle a while ago but haven't had the time to actually use the code yet. Still don't, really.

However...

I was wondering if there was any indication yet whether there was a good reason to activate and make an account before any of this happens?
    There's probably not enough info yet to tell, but I got curious since even though there's little chance of it right now we do still plan on trying it out eventually.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Look out, here I come! Registered User regular
    I mean, they are extremely unlikely to do anything that will get rid of any progress you make.

playingalonesig.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    Spoit
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    Look, it can't possibly turn out any worse than Star Wars: Galaxies, amirite?

Actually the Combat Upgrade to SWG did a good job of balancing classes, opening up options, and allowing a more varied playfield not dominated by TK/Pikeman/Doctors wielding Mind-Fire Dot Nightsister Lances.

It was the NGE that was shit.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, I feel I should warn you: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
    BasilDarkPrimusGennenalyse Ruebenarakis99
    Yeah, that is how it went, innit? I heard good things before the hammer dropped.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    Looks like Golden Week is upon us, until 3/8/17.

• SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    Looks like Golden Week is upon us, until 3/8/17.
    Come onnnnnnnnnnnn golden eyes.

So in case y'all haven't gone out yet, the golems do not have a cooldown, but do have that participation ranking system in place. I don't see any new rewards this time around.

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I got bored and decided to dress up as an edgelord gothic punk antihero in Pangaea.

db4kpt2368gf.jpg

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    ringswraithBasilDarkPrimusarakis99
    Been running around as a healer for Golden Week.

861d406e037d33150aa695cdc3379a43.png

KayBasilDarkPrimusCommander ZoomElvenshae
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    That is certainly one way to get the message across.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    BasilDarkPrimus
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    I just made a build that would allow me to solo the golems and just always use that

steam_sig.png
    Seems like we have a new community manager.

Are they a spider?

9KmX8eN.jpg
    No, but they are a dinosaur.

BasilDarkPrimus
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    That's good too.

kagg_banner.png
    Basil