As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    I finished issue 11! The final bossfight(s) took forever but it was pretty cool story-wise.
    And Daimon Kiyota is now the new Dragon handler? That's a cool twist.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    I finished issue 11! The final bossfight(s) took forever but it was pretty cool story-wise.
    It's actually an expected one, given the events of the previous issues. I'm wondering what the future of the Dragon will be, seeing as Kiyota-san is a bit more, shall we say, hands-on than Bong Cha.

• Options
    It's actually an expected one, given the events of the previous issues. I'm wondering what the future of the Dragon will be, seeing as Kiyota-san is a bit more, shall we say, hands-on than Bong Cha.
    I half expect him to wear the child's head as a hat and take his place at some point

• Options
    So, interesting tidbit for those who've finished Issue 11...
    ...AND did not use the coupons for the barbershop and plastic surgeon (possibly).

Funcom sneaked an update in- apparently yesterday- and those who finished i11 without changing their appearance are now being hunted.

By Bounty Hunters.

hIKrP3b.png

They have AEGIS shields/controllers, but not much is known about them other than they appear to drop blue signets when defeated. Not even sure if they're Mitsubachi or not.

Most of the reports have come from people out and about in Egypt, but I'm guessing this can happen in any questing zone (so none of the faction hubs or Agartha).

I just think this is pretty cool.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    So, interesting tidbit for those who've finished Issue 11...
    ...AND did not use the coupons for the barbershop and plastic surgeon (possibly).

Funcom sneaked an update in- apparently yesterday- and those who finished i11 without changing their appearance are now being hunted.

By Bounty Hunters.

hIKrP3b.png

They have AEGIS shields/controllers, but not much is known about them other than they appear to drop blue signets when defeated. Not even sure if they're Mitsubachi or not.

Most of the reports have come from people out and about in Egypt, but I'm guessing this can happen in any questing zone (so none of the faction hubs or Agartha).

I just think this is pretty cool.

I'm keeping an eye out for this but I've a feeling it's probably something that doesn't happen very frequently. I should probably spend some time out of Tokyo working on the Unseen achievements anyway.

• Options
    So, update supposedly hitting next week(TM).

Coming up...

TL;DR: Penthouse mini-dungeon, "mounts."

• Options
    I saw that post, hard to believe it's going to be next week, so soon after Issue 11.

More group content: awesome.
    Achievement vendor: awesome.
    Mounts: awesomeness TBD
    But more sprint: awesome.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Now if they'd finally fix the "dropping out of sprint randomly" thing, maybe I would stop getting the initial filth circle and screwing up the buff timers on the initial engage against the lurker

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So I play this pretty off an on, and am just getting into Tokyo. I never touched the augment stuff, so I don't have any, how important are they to doing the newer content? Not a huge fan of the AEGIS system, feels like it would work better if it was just one that affected both weapons. But I almost have 2 sets, so I can have one of each on both weapons. When do I get my own shield? I kind of regret putting a point in there to increase my shield effect by 50, since I still don't have one.

I made it through the first area of Tokyo, I am up to where;
    You leave the first walled area to chase after the rabbit guy, and found the detective in the rabbit suit.

The difficulty spiked rapidly after I got out of the wall, so I am a bit leery of moving on yet.

I'm running ele/blood that seems to handle most all the other content with no real issue, so I am guessing my build is fine (but am open to improvements), just my gear that is lacking. (4 epics, 2 rares, 3 uncommons).

Open Vein, Bloodshot, Blaze, Electrical Storm, Anima Charge, Expulsion, Blood Shield
    Aidelon, Vessel Walls, Gross Anatomy, Lick your Wounds, Bloodsport, Circulation, Molecular Exploitation

• Options
    The non-story mission you can get from that guy you met will get you AEGIS shields, which will help mitigate some of the damage the enemies beyond the wall deal.

Augments are totally optional. They can help, but they are very incremental. I would sink SP into improving your AEGIS over improving your Augments, personally.

• Options
    Yeah- the mobs beyond the wall all deal AEGIS damage, so without a shield you're going to have a tough time at first. Which is intentional.

You do get all your shield controllers once you finish the mission, though, so there is that.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    So it is.

It is also gated behind beating a red con boss who summons swarms of red con minions.
    Who use demonic energy, which is the one element I don't have both weapons with yet.

This isn't something I can beat, so guess i'm done playing again for awhile.

Thanks for the info guys.

e:
    Or he could just fall over dead for no reason while at 75% life.

I guess I'll take it.

Morkath on
  • Options
    I'd do tokyo, but I forgot how to play solo

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Morkath wrote: »
    So it is.

It is also gated behind beating a red con boss who summons swarms of red con minions.
    Who use demonic energy, which is the one element I don't have both weapons with yet.

e:

I guess I'll take it.

I had a mostly blood build for the longest time while playing in Kaidan- it's possible to run around using one weapon (and thus, one controller) to solo there.

Possible, but not all that efficient. :) The core of the build was Bloodline + Finish the Movement (so you built two blood resources per Bloodline) and Bloodshot as your spammable consumer.

Mind, issue 9 was out for a while before 10 was released, so most folks already had two controllers per type (some upgraded a few times) by the time AEGIS shields were introduced.

Don't be afraid to ask for help, either. #sanctuary is a good place to ask for help.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    They also added 3 elite pre-made decks that are intended for use while soloing Kaidan. I'm also happy to help you out in Kaidan too. I strongly advise against following my solo build lead because leech heals don't work against AEGIS shields and 99% of my solo build healing comes from leech healing. I just have a stupid nigh-indestructible build.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I can speak to the effectiveness of the elite Desperado deck (pistol/shotgun with a focus on hinder). You do need to follow the gearing suggestions given in their descriptions, but I used this deck after the previous blood build I mentioned had trouble keeping up with dual/triple-shielded mobs.

• Options
    I'm always down for assisting somebody in Tokyo - got to get those sequins so I can get everything up to 1.9 :P

• Options
    Morkath wrote: »
    So it is.

e:

I guess I'll take it.

I had a mostly blood build for the longest time while playing in Kaidan- it's possible to run around using one weapon (and thus, one controller) to solo there.

Possible, but not all that efficient. :) The core of the build was Bloodline + Finish the Movement (so you built two blood resources per Bloodline) and Bloodshot as your spammable consumer.

Mind, issue 9 was out for a while before 10 was released, so most folks already had two controllers per type (some upgraded a few times) by the time AEGIS shields were introduced.

Don't be afraid to ask for help, either. #sanctuary is a good place to ask for help.

Yeah, I was using that blood combo for awhile in Trans, I switched over to vessel walls and open veins for the extra shielding to make soloing a little easier/safer.

Is the PA channel still used?

• Options
    If you want I'll put up that blood build here later tonight. It did fine against most of Kaidan.

And I'm not sure about #PA- the last few times I've been in it, I've been the only one there. Granted, I typically get online much later than any of you, so that's normal for me.

• Options
    The few of us who play TSW regularly seem to play it at different times of day. I tend to hang out in #Sanctuary since that's always active and mostly friendly/helpful.

• Options
    I sitll have myself set to auto-login to the PA channel, but nobody is ever there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Uta fight is bugged out on TestLive. Got a peak into the loot table.

http://i.imgur.com/X490Lyk.png
    CALLED IT.

http://i.imgur.com/S5thVtH.png
    Didn't call that one though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    New skins for the weapons, I wonder?

• Options
    Oh God not more AEGIS

Please

• Options
    edited May 2015
    WHOA.

EDIT: Any more pics? Or images of how the items actually look?

ringswraith on
  • Options
    So apparently, aside from their baseball team, the Orochi Group has a (non-United States) football team:

1433167057_Makidai-2015-06-01-06-56-35.png

• Options
    Servers are going down for an update early tomorrow morning, estimated completion @ 730am Pacific.

This will launch the new Sprint system/mounts, the DLC pack for the motorcycle, and the NM Penthouse mini-dungeon.

• Options
    Patch notes for today's update (1.11.3) are up.

Link here.
    Update 1.11.3 - June 3rd 2015
    NEW!!
    Custom Sprints
    Further customize your character with all new custom sprint effects! A new collection UI houses all of your custom sprint options, and you’ll be able to select which you’d like to use primarily or let the game choose a random sprint effect upon use. Additionally, Sprint VI will be purchasable through your Faction's Advanced Faction Fixer, providing a 150% boost. The custom sprints that will debut with this feature are the Franken-Chopper motorbike, The Athlete, Fleet of Flame, and Dead Fast.

http://l3cdn.funcom.com/tsw/uploads/Sprints_Preview.png
    The Penthouse
    A new mission is available to those that own or purchase Issue #11. Pick up “The Penthouse” mission from Kaidan and the Orochi tower lobby. Experience the penthouse encounters like never before and collect unique rewards in this Nightmare difficulty! This won’t be for the faint of heart and will be extremely difficult: you’ve been warned.

GENERAL
    Fixed a very specific case where an incorrect Ultimate ability was awarded at the end of Confrontations and Revelations. This affected a very small percentage of characters.

Tilty says...
    We came across an issue where a small amount of players received the Ophanim of the Celestial(ie. the gold wings) instead of Ophanim of the Unchained (ie. The blue wings).
    This only affects players that:
    • Rejected the gift in the first Dreaming Prison
    • Confronted the effigy in the second Dreaming Prison
    • Attacked the prison in the third Dreaming Prison
    If your character was affected by this issue, you will automatically receive one Continuity Re-Evaluator as part of your Delivered Items.
    This item will allow you to update your ultimate ability one time and receive the correct one. You can choose whether or not you want to use the item.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Added a new hotkey for casting the default Sprint (Ctrl + X).
    A new vendor has appeared in each of the Hub cities offering an assortment of goods to players based on their achievement score.

Tilty says...
    The mysterious figure of Doctor Caligari has manifested in London, New York, and Seoul. He offers a variety of rewards ranging from titles, clothing, gadgets, and pets -- goods available to anyone who has acquired a specific amount of Achievement points.
    The Doctor uses your Achievement score to determine which trinkets you deserve. The Achievement points themselves are not consumed upon purchase.
    In future update notes, we’ll announce when Doctor Caligari's stash will update.

Fixed an issue with the invert simple ground targeting option where it would not take effect until the first time you hit ctrl after loading the client.

GUI
    Added lockout for Orochi Tower Penthouse (Nightmare) to the lockout UI.
    Added a sprint toggle button to the TopBar menu.
    Added effects and notifications for unlocking new mounts.
    Added a new GUI option for disabling mount unlock notifications.
    Fixed a case where some icons in the pet UI were misshapen or misaligned.
    Made the Pet UI slightly larger vertically.

ACHIEVEMENTS
    Oh Hi Mark! will no longer fail to award to players who died after putting on their clothing.
    Added a new achievement to Transylvania: Speedhax 2. Good luck and godspeed!

COMBAT
    General
    Ophanim abilities can now actually critically hit.

MISSIONS
    The Besieged Farmlands
    Deathless - Leaving the area during Tier 2 will now properly return the player to the previous step.
    Breached - Updated the computer report to use localized text.

Kaidan
    Pirating the Signal - The scanner can now be turned off by using it a second time.
    Message to Hell - Fixed an issue which could prevent the mission from solving and the camp from respawning properly.
    The Tenebrous Sky - Adjusted the map marker for the tagging rifle.

Orochi Tower
    Characters should no longer incorrectly be ejected to Kaidan on dying inside some Orochi Tower instances.
    Added maps for all floors of the Orochi Tower.
    The Eight-Headed Serpent - Updated Anansi Alpha and Omega floors with minor fixes when teams are split up.
    The Eight-Headed Serpent - Barrier damage and AIMEE's Telekinesis can no longer hurt people outside the centre room.
    The Eight-Headed Serpent - Fixed an issue where the Faust Omega riddles were not displaying properly in French and German.
    The Eight-Headed Serpent - Added the interaction UI to the Beta Security Keycard on Vali Alpha.
    The Eight-Headed Serpent - Fixed a situation in which the elevator button and card reader for the Orochi Tower could become unusable.
    Confrontations and Revelations - The entrance elevator door has had a stern talking to, and should no longer lock people inside.
    Portability - The Portable Anima Wells in the final encounter now can be scanned while active.

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I did most of the missions in the first Tokyo pack, but really didn't care for this whole Aegis system. But, I do have like $30 of Funbux just sitting around. Is it worth reinstalling just to get the Tokyo storyline finished, considering I almost certainly won't play beyond that?

Simpsonia on
  • Options
    Apparently the mission you get for the bike isn't repeatable? At least that's what people are saying according to their Mission Logs.

I can confirm that it's pretty light as far as a mission goes, but also that there are no restrictions on it so I was able to take my new alt and do the mission and end up with Sprint VI.

• Options
    iymbbxcpdbgv.png

There's no point to repeating the mission- the rewards are one-time and character-bound. However, buying the pack unlocks it for all your characters. So if you have a lot of alts, that can help a lot.

@Simpsonia: I'm biased. I love this game, even with my griping about end-game. We don't know where it's going after Tokyo (yet(TM)) so can't really tell you much other than I really love what's happened so far.

AEGIS does look like it'll be here to stay, though.

• Options
    Have they fixed the 'randomly leaving sprint' thing with that patch? It's annoying to randomly lose the sprint and get the filth circle when engaging the lurker (and end up missing the buffs on your first EF cycle)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Tried out the Penthouse with some random people and gave up pretty quickly. Suuuuuper hard.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Have they fixed the 'randomly leaving sprint' thing with that patch? It's annoying to randomly lose the sprint and get the filth circle when engaging the lurker (and end up missing the buffs on your first EF cycle)

In the few times I've raided, I've never had this happen. Not sure what's going on, there.

And yes, the Penthouse is being touted as super hard. Apparently it's not so much a gear check, as it is a mechanics check.

• Options
    It happens all the time, and not just in New York. Even the game having a frame-rate hitch can cause your sprint to drop. Frequently happens to me at Polaris 5 and Facility 4 too. I just re-apply sprint during the tank's countdown to get around it happening.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well new york is all I do anymore

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    20 real bucks for a motorcycle seems fairly extreme

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular

Isn't it also available from the mission? Or is the $20 for the mission to unlock it?

At any rate, it's only cosmetic.

• Options

Isn't it also available from the mission? Or is the $20 for the mission to unlock it?

At any rate, it's only cosmetic.

The $20 gets you the mission to unlock the motorcycle.

It also gives you Sprint V (which would cost you 2M Pax) and then Sprint VI (10M).

It is an account-wide thing. You have to do the mission on each character to unlock the bike and the sprints, but it's also not limited by your faction rank.

So your lowbie alts can end up with Sprint VI (and a cool bike) right out of Kingsmouth. Figure saving 12M per alt, and if you have a lot of them (like say, Ante) that adds up.

The bike also makes the Speedhax achievements trivial. Which nets you another sprint animation.

Someone also datamined an item called Pagan's Steed.

1433390728_BlackTess-2015-06-03-21-03-49.png

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I'm tempted to get back into this.

e: What do they hook up lifetime founders with these days?

e2: Fuck it, downloading now. I bet all my builds are worthless.

e3: The sad thing is, what I loved most about the game was the story and now I don't remember most of it. :(

Handgimp on
    PwH4Ipj.jpg