As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I spent the oreos and BB, but I give up on trying to convert the other stuff. Just going to take the pittance of PAX

You could always spend your sequins on Bags of Ethereal Gambit. You could get more pax than the conversion, a chance at signets...

And tacos!

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Hopefully I end up with enough to get some glyph upgrade kits.

If not I can farm Polaris non-stop :(

Can signets be removed from an item without destroying it?

• PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »

I think there's a Signet Extractor in the cash shop?

• ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular

I think there's a Signet Extractor in the cash shop?

That is correct. And it's the only way to do so. (I've heard rumors of Signet Extractors dropping in the world- like from the final boss of a dungeon- but I have no idea how true they are.)

Also, Issue 12 is up. CE has a nice little pet:

c9qqdfwkzb09.jpg

I'm kinda hoping it runs up to other pets and stings them. 8-)

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Man, I havn't been in to check things out in ages. Controllers are kinda neat, but weird.

And apparently I'm now capped on BB. I should probably spend them on something.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I just finished issue 11, the way the building works is interesting...but at the end it was far to "gamey" and what happened to one of the characters was completely out of no where.

It was also filled with a lot of endurance fights...there was some genuinely interesting moments and great atmosphere that were just ruined imo.

EnclaveofGnomes on
  • StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    I'm tempted to try my main again with the improved LFG system. Of course, now that I kind of like The Illuminati character, I'm not sure what to do. =P

• StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Also, holy crap how hard is it to pick a nickname nowadays! It took me like 30 minutes, and it's just gibberish consonants.

They're working on an actual LFG tool too aren't they? seem to remember reading that somewhere.

About time, the ability to jump between anima wells was a huge bonus too.

Also, holy crap how hard is it to pick a nickname nowadays! It took me like 30 minutes, and it's just gibberish consonants.

Be glad you don't need to have a unique first and last name, too. :D

Man, nothing feels worse than hitting a mob with a shield and seeing strings of 0's. Sort of wish the controllers were major/minor instead of working on a specific weapon slot. Like, say, the major would convert more damage to AEGIS damage than the one you have in the minor slot. And would probably be less annoying to deal with early on when you just have one of each.

Also, any good early Kaiden soloing builds?

persona4celestia.jpg
    I have a lot of success with a tinkered version of one of the elite decks, the blood and assault rifle one. Chains/heal passives and some affliction applying/exploiting stuff.

PMAvers wrote: »
    Man, nothing feels worse than hitting a mob with a shield and seeing strings of 0's. Sort of wish the controllers were major/minor instead of working on a specific weapon slot. Like, say, the major would convert more damage to AEGIS damage than the one you have in the minor slot. And would probably be less annoying to deal with early on when you just have one of each.

I think it's good as-is, for the purpose it was designed. Yes, it's a bit of a pain when you're starting out, but Kaidan is supposed to be tough and they didn't want people who were NM-geared or better to just breeze through it.

As far as soloing builds, I started out with a mostly-blood build that abused Bloodline, Finish the Movement, and Bloodshot. Later I graduated to the pistol/shotgun elite deck (Desperado, I think it's called). Hinder-based build, works lovely for ranged folk. At the moment, I'm going with a deck I built, which is AR/shotgun.

edited August 2015
    Fair enough. Dug out a old Fists/Chaos regen build and that carried me through Right of Way.

And now I just met Inbeda.

Oh my goodness, this may be my new favorite character.

Never really did anything with augments, though. Are they worth the cost?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Worry about getting your AEGIS up and filling out your ability wheel before getting augments.

edited August 2015
    Oh, hey, I was wondering if they were ever going to start disabling the headlamp for missions that are in the dark and supposed to be spoopy.

This carpark.

EDIT:
    Thank goodness that these little fuckers don't cause durability damage when they kill you.

Because EFF puzzles that involve the direction your character is facing.

EDIT 2:

*insert stream of profanity here*
    I may have jumped a little in my chair when I turned around after using the printer and banged my knee on the bottom of my desk's keyboard tray. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

I think it's good as-is, for the purpose it was designed. Yes, it's a bit of a pain when you're starting out, but Kaidan is supposed to be tough and they didn't want people who were NM-geared or better to just breeze through it.

As far as soloing builds, I started out with a mostly-blood build that abused Bloodline, Finish the Movement, and Bloodshot. Later I graduated to the pistol/shotgun elite deck (Desperado, I think it's called). Hinder-based build, works lovely for ranged folk. At the moment, I'm going with a deck I built, which is AR/shotgun.

It's really not. The difficulty is completely set in monotony and grinding, there is no game play challenge to overcome.

Fair enough. Dug out a old Fists/Chaos regen build and that carried me through Right of Way.

And now I just met Inbeda.

Oh my goodness, this may be my new favorite character.

The mask really completes the character, wouldn't be nearly the same if he was just subtitled.

Morkath wrote: »
    It's really not. The difficulty is completely set in monotony and grinding, there is no game play challenge to overcome.

Could say the same about the rest of the game, really. Or most any other game.

It's a fiddly system that served only to give extra health to mobs, it's leveled by grinding exp for it and currency to buy it's upgrades.

It seems like a waste of time at best to me, they could have simply given the extra health to mobs and spent there time elsewhere and I wouldn't need to cycle through equips just to do damage.

It's called horizontal progression, and no, just giving them more health wouldn't have had the same result.

The Manufactory is designed around tactics and mechanics that are based around the AEGIS system, and it's really, really impressed me.

It definitely feels like it gets easier once you start getting some of those upgrades... the totally-not-talisman things. Condensers? Forget what they're called. And also when you can double-down on a specific damage type by having two controllers of the same type. One hell of a speed bump, though, if you're coming into Tokyo straight from the previous issue.

I've got a feeling I made the right call of nope.avi 'ing right the math out of the No Fear Foundation when I arrived there at 3 AM.

persona4celestia.jpg
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    It's called horizontal progression, and no, just giving them more health wouldn't have had the same result.

The Manufactory is designed around tactics and mechanics that are based around the AEGIS system, and it's really, really impressed me.

I've yet to see anything beyond having more health...certainly nothing that wouldn't have been achieved by giving them a second health bar and cutting out the need for fiddling with controllers and shields.

Seems like they took a hammer to an ant problem, it's a clumsy mess.

The mechanic is pretty simplistic for most of the content, but it was just implemented, and honestly having an entire zone where you're leveling up the AEGIS with basic tactics seems like a good idea, since future story content will all have AEGIS in it as well.

The Manufactory is showing the real potential of AEGIS allowing for more complex and involved boss and mission design. Instead of DPS just standing there pressing their rotations on the boss non-stop until they do an ability that they need to activate SoH on, the fights involve every single member of the party having distinct things to do and keep an eye on for the entire fight. Obviously, dungeons =/= single-player content, but I'm sufficiently impressed by what they've delivered that I'm confident more of these creative fight designs will carry over to future issues.

That really doesn't sound like aegis is adding anything, unless there's more then one kind of mob attack type that requires some people to use a certain shield. Even that isn't mind blowing.

Everything else is just more switching through controllers to dps...that doesn't exactly blow my socks off and make me think "depth" it makes me think "busy work" and "fiddly"

Except I just said it's way more than having to cycle through controllers but fine, you've make it clear you wish to hear no differing opinions on the matter.

Quick question, fastest way to gain AP?

I run issue 6 when it's not on CD, I don't have the others yet, and it's definitely solid for time/AP. Other than that, just running missions?

In what way?

It's way more then just cycling controllers in what way?

I can say all sorts of things without giving any examples whatsoever too if you'd prefer.

I run issue 6 when it's not on CD, I don't have the others yet, and it's definitely solid for time/AP. Other than that, just running missions?

Scenarios give a ton of experience, especially if you're a subscriber and have an XP milkshake.

In what way?

I can say all sorts of things without giving any examples whatsoever too if you'd prefer.

The second boss requires each of the 3 DPS to focus on one of three shielding turrets, while the tank tanks the Tank and deals with its attacks, and the healer has to make sure to grab cybernetic bombs in addition to healing the tank and DPS. Each person is dodging different AoEs and is wearing a different shield. Only the Tank boss itself has multiple AEGIS shields.

There is another boss later on that has adds with different shields: again, before the fight starts, the group has to coordinate about who will handle which kinds of enemies, and those players have to move around the battlefield to intercept these enemies before they hit people who are wearing a different kind of shield.

I'm not giving a write-up about every tactic of every one of the boss because then I might as well just link to a dungeon guide, but everyone I've been trying Manufactory with so far is impressed with the more involved tactics of each of the encounters.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

I remember the big 3 for easy exp were the investigation mission in the orochi camp in blue mountain, the roman mission in london, and....cost of magic in the last transylvanian area?

steam_sig.png
    Technically the fastest way to get AP is AP Transfusion shots on the store.

<_<

Oh, by playing.

I really need to remember to use my milkshake, always forget the damn thing is there.

persona4celestia.jpg
    @DarkPrimus once I have the issues I'll dig more into scenarios, I only have the default one right now. Doing it for the story mission felt quite tedious.

@Spoit thanks, I'll try and do those next time I can log in and see how fast I can get them done.

Really, you should repeat any mission you can do quickly. I would do side mission circuits of Shadowy Forest, for example, and missions like The Castle in Carpathian Fangs (mostly because I needed the lore in there).

@ringswraith yea, that's what I figured, just making sure I wasn't missing a well know method.

When I was trying to fill my Ability Wheel, I'd get the AP boosters- the ones that gave you 1 more AP whenever you earned AP, not the one that just flat out gives you X AP. Still took a while since most missions are on long cooldowns, but it helped.

• amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    All of the AEGIS shield mechanics could theoretically just be handled by the tank. I've completed Manufactory three times and the shields don't seem to actually contribute anything to the fight because of where the numbers are balanced.

Maybe when nightmare mode rolls around.

steam_sig.png
    Still haven't tried Manufactory- been really into Marvel Heroes lately.

I don't know that my gear's even sufficient for it.

• MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Scenarios give a ton of experience, especially if you're a subscriber and have an XP milkshake.

In what way?

The second boss requires each of the 3 DPS to focus on one of three shielding turrets, while the tank tanks the Tank and deals with its attacks, and the healer has to make sure to grab cybernetic bombs in addition to healing the tank and DPS. Each person is dodging different AoEs and is wearing a different shield. Only the Tank boss itself has multiple AEGIS shields.

There is another boss later on that has adds with different shields: again, before the fight starts, the group has to coordinate about who will handle which kinds of enemies, and those players have to move around the battlefield to intercept these enemies before they hit people who are wearing a different kind of shield.

I'm not giving a write-up about every tactic of every one of the boss because then I might as well just link to a dungeon guide, but everyone I've been trying Manufactory with so far is impressed with the more involved tactics of each of the encounters.

None of that has anything to do with the aegis shields. You could remove the shield and they would behave exactly the same, just with less grinding and monotony on the players part.

Um... He just explained two fights that utilize the AEGIS shields, and you say they have nothing to do with the AEGIS shields?

We get it, you don't like the system. But now you're apparently flat-out ignoring examples that you asked for, so I'm not sure there's anything anyone can do to satisfy you.