As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ROCK BAND - mods close this please

1596061626365»

• anableanable North TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Lunker wrote: »
    I know Cake's radio singles, and while I love them and think it'd be fun to play the instrument parts, most of the vocals are pretty monotonal/almost spoken word, aren't they?

The radio singles are. Most of their other songs aren't. Cake would be an awesome addition.
    Stick Shifts and Safety Belts would be a good addition I think. Though there are a number of points in the song where the Guitar player is just going to be kinda standing around.

Walk on by might actual be a song worth putting in. edit: Actually, after listing to walk on by again, I would welcome this song in as part of the game.

I donno, its kinda hard to say what Cake song would be good in video game form. I mean, I love cake, but trying to find a song that doesn't seem repetitive for guitar, base, and drums, seems kinda hard.

You can listen to one of the songs I mentioned (Let Me Go) at Amazon.

I can't imagine that being boring for any instrument or the singer even.

Edit: I agree with Stickshift and Safetybelts as well.

anable on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I haven't seen it posted here yet, but a thread has popped up on the official page saying that the display boxes that are up in Canada have two new songs listed on them. There hasn't been any kind of official word on it yet, and for some reason they can't seem to get a pic of it, but at least two seperate sources have caimed to see the same thing...the songs are:

"Next to You" by The Police
    "Foreplay/Long Time" by Boston

Not a big fan of the first one, but Foreplay/Long Time?!?! Damn near fucking epic right there.

I know it might all end up being one big hoax or some shit...but for what it's worth, the HMX community dude, Sean, posted in the thread and didn't discredit the whole thing, but also did not confirm anything, so...take it all with one large grain of salt.

Thread is here.

I've seen that thread, and it has a pretty good chance of being legit, I'd say. Then again, I might be looking for an excuse to believe that there will be Boston in RB. Oh man, I loves me some Boston.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I would be willing to shell out the $170 so easily if there was a tad bit more metal on the track list. It has a fine list on its own but compared to GH3's it is just so much less interesting. Even more so considering they have all instruments instead of just a guitar, pull out Run to the Hills or Four Horsemen (I am vehemently against Enter Sandman considering they had three great albums full of pure awesome for every instrument and yet they chose that?).

It really tears me up because I don't really like the Les Paul compared to the Strat.

Typhus733 on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It's funny, because it's the almost pure metal stance of GH3 that is turning me away.
    Glad to see that the series can coexist together though, serving different musical tastes.

Kyougu on
  • FaceballMcDougalFaceballMcDougal Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Well I just dropped $170 for RB and $60 for GH3

and since wireless technology is stuff of the future I picked up a USB extender cable from Radio Shack

FaceballMcDougal on
    xbl/psn/steam: jabbertrack
  • Vampire_GoldfishVampire_Goldfish Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Nile - The Burning Pits of the Duat needs to be in this game:lol:

I'd kill for some mid-paced thrash in this game though, the drumming would be quite fun.

I'd kill for some Nile and good thrash like Testament.

Vampire_Goldfish on
    signatureseh.jpg
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I kinda hope they some really hard rock in the last couple songs, either metal or just something, well, hard.

I've been formulating some ideas. Some Pantera might be good, and "Walk," as repetitive as it is, would be a neat song to have in there. The vocals would be hard to pull off, but the way I figure it, they need a couple songs on the vocal front for the hard endgame songs.

Tool would be really great, but like I've said, I think they're more suited to having full album DLC.

Aside from that, I also still really want some Offspring or Rage Against the Machine.

I'm a demanding person. :wink:

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • DtotheGDtotheG Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    AC/DC
    Blink 182
    Run DMC

Needs these.

DtotheG on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    DtotheG wrote: »
    Run DMC

Explain how.

Also, this is "Rock Band" not "Rap Group".

UnbreakableVow on
  • DtotheGDtotheG Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Run DMC

Explain how.

"Rock Box" and "King Of Rock" (the original versions) have some neat little solos peppered in there. Like Sabotage with harder guitar.

DtotheG on
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

I'd kill for some mid-paced thrash in this game though, the drumming would be quite fun.

Or anything from the Unholy Trinity *drools*

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

3 Inches of Blood, just to cause vocal pain, anger and frustration

YardGnome on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Run DMC

Explain how.

"Rock Box" and "King Of Rock" (the original versions) have some neat little solos peppered in there. Like Sabotage with harder guitar.

Walk This Way.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    edited October 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Run DMC

Explain how.

Walk This Way.

Aerosmith is already in this game though, and if they were to put in that version instead of the original, there would be murders to be done. By me.

EDIT: Aerosmith is actually only in GH3 at the moment, but I don't doubt we'll see them in Rock Band.

UnbreakableVow on
  • the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Well I just dropped $170 for RB and $60 for GH3

and since wireless technology is stuff of the future I picked up a USB extender cable from Radio Shack

You do know that the 360 bundle comes w/ a USB hub, right? Unless you bought non-360 gear, but that wouldn't make sense because the ps3 bundle comes w/ wireless guitar...

edit: nevermind...extender cable...ok, that makes sense now.

the Togfather on
    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    bruin wrote: »
    If you guys want I could just copy/paste the current OP for a new thead, if nobody wants to make a long, detailed OP with pics and all the info and shit (currently it's just news stories mostly).

Bruin, I'm sorry we're all ignoring your pleas for assistance here. I'm fine w/ whatever you want to do...I personally will not be up to making a whole new, detailed thread. Just somewhere new to talk will be fine I think, especially since we're facing a full week of IGN coverage...

the Togfather on
    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
    edited October 2007
    Give me a few minutes, I'll make a new thread. I post in here enough anyway.

UnbreakableVow on
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    YardGnome wrote: »

3 Inches of Blood, just to cause vocal pain, anger and frustration

Deadly SinnaaAAAHZ :lol:

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Run DMC

Explain how.

Walk This Way.

Aerosmith is already in this game though, and if they were to put in that version instead of the original, there would be murders to be done. By me.

EDIT: Aerosmith is actually only in GH3 at the moment, but I don't doubt we'll see them in Rock Band.

Agreed, the original version of Walk This Way is just better damnit, though personally I'd like to see Kings and Queens in Rock Band.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    "Kings of Rock" would be a kickass RB soong, as it has some good guitar, drums, and bass to go along with the lyrics.

Plus it'd give me a chance to bust out some Run DMC and not be afraid of getting my white ass kicked by the brothers.

Inglorious Coyote on