As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] Featuring houses August 20th

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Thought so, just wanted confirmation

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Quick question: Say I took a keystone, then respecced the passive nodes leading to that keystone so I no longer have them, but kept the keystone. Does the keystone stay active?

That's be broken, to say the least.
    EB and Mind over Matter, together forever.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Although that's what I thought when i started. Otherwise why give so many regret orbs and passive regrets. Thankfully someone stopped me before I went all the way through blood magic to get that awesome aura node behind it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Quick question: Say I took a keystone, then respecced the passive nodes leading to that keystone so I no longer have them, but kept the keystone. Does the keystone stay active?

That's be broken, to say the least.
    EB and Mind over Matter, together forever.

Yeah, that's why I started to get giddy for a split second before I realized that would be stupidly broken.

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    My trapper is into merciless now. Doing plenty of damage with Elemental equilibrium and only 2 trap nodes

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I think my PoE playing is gonna be a bit more infrequent. My birthday's coming up and I'm getting a 3DS XL, and I still have a bunch of games I need to beat, like Persona 3 Portable....Then there's the next Wildstar beta on the 4th.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Cold Snap trap with Ele Prolif is all the CC in the world. I just chain freeze huge mobs, sometimes I kill packs before they can even move

• Options
    edited March 2014
    So I'm having problems deciding where to go with my summoning templar build on Ambush. With queen's decree and bones of ullr and the passives I have 9 zombies, 4 spectres, 11 skeletons (for 58 seconds), and currently 30 vaal skeletons (for 58 seconds) for a total of almost 45 minions. In the last couple levels I just added a raging spirit summoning totem and searing bond, while removing my ability to do any direct damage with ancestral bond (If I throw out 2 summoning totem's I can get 10 spirits, for a total of 55 minions at once). I have little problem soloing anything I've come up against except for a few bosses, just at a little slower pace than most builds.

Here is the current skill tree at level 56

And then head in a direction like this

I also feel like I should stop using the queen's decree and move to a 1hander with a shield, but that extra 1zombie/1spectre/2skeletons are just so nice and has saved my but a few times.

Any suggestions any one?

Veevee on
  • Options
    RIP PacKeepsTrappin. Level 61 :(. My logout macro wouldn't work and I died to roa charge

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    So I'm having problems deciding where to go with my summoning templar build on Ambush. With queen's decree and bones of ullr and the passives I have 9 zombies, 4 spectres, 11 skeletons (for 58 seconds), and currently 30 vaal skeletons (for 58 seconds) for a total of almost 45 minions. In the last couple levels I just added a raging spirit summoning totem and searing bond, while removing my ability to do any direct damage with ancestral bond (If I throw out 2 summoning totem's I can get 10 spirits, for a total of 55 minions at once). I have little problem soloing anything I've come up against except for a few bosses, just at a little slower pace than most builds.

I also feel like I should stop using the queen's decree and move to a 1hander with a shield, but that extra 1zombie/1spectre/2skeletons are just so nice and has saved my but a few times.

Any suggestions any one?

I'd give up the two-hander.

I assume you've made a choice about Necromantic Aegis?

I agree with your choice to skip Lord of the Dead.

You've spent three points to get to a +30 str node, but I guess you're going for the life behind it? Otherwise there's two points to save there via a closer str node.

Are you using Flesh and/or Bone Offering?

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Grislo wrote: »

Any suggestions any one?

I'd give up the two-hander.

I assume you've made a choice about Necromantic Aegis?

I agree with your choice to skip Lord of the Dead.

You've spent three points to get to a +30 str node, but I guess you're going for the life behind it? Otherwise there's two points to save there via a closer str node.

Are you using Flesh and/or Bone Offering?

I hadn't fully made up my mind about Aegis, but I'm leaning towards getting it once I can get myself to give up the 2hander and the couple extra minions it gives. Remember that because of Ancestral Bond I can't do any direct damage myself.

Anyone that would waste that many points for Lord of the Dead is an idiot.

Yeah I plan to get the life nodes behind the strength, and another set of 3 8% nodes just a bit further down as well.

I use flesh offering, but it is not important for survival and is more of a "Let's kick this party up to 11" button.

• Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    I don't like putting in a point in Minion Life Leech, but your mileage may vary. I would have spent that point on Minion Instability instead.
    I probably play my summoner badly because I don't use auras or curses. I just try to go with a bunch of guys and a bunch of hit points and mana.
    Also I like Lord of the Dead.

I'm playing a Scion summoner currently, but last season I played a witch. Queen's Decree is just a lot of fun and the extra hit points on my minions is appreciated.

• Options
    Minion life leech is one of the best nodes you can get as a summoner. The new nodes are all brilliant, and as close to must-have as you can get.

• Options
    I like the idea of keeping my minions alive, rather than having them burst when they hit a third of life left, especially when it's 150 per zombie. When I've got all my aura's going I have less mana available than the cost of the zombie.

Last night I switched from the Queen's Decree to a shield and 1hander, and started opening up with 2 raging spirit totems and then switching one to a searing bond, which also connects a bond to the spell totem.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I finally got a Cybil's Paw for my Incinerate Tank build on Invasion this morning. It's a near-perfect roll: 8 life on spell hit, 11% cast speed. Downside: it's corrupted (to no effect, as far as I can tell) and it's 3 blue linked sockets.

Which might work as a LW/Reduced Duration/FC movement slot, but that wasn't in my build plan

I am, however, nigh indestructable at level 48. I've got some gear upgrades stashed for the next 5 levels. I'll be at 50% block, upwards of 2k armor, 2500 life, 77 to all resists by the time I'm ready to take on Cruel Dominus

right now I need gem upgrades and a better shield. quality gems on Incinerate, Faster Projectiles, LMP, and Faster Casting would be huge upgrades. they aren't cheap, but I've been converting my massive stash of lesser currencies into chaos orbs so that I can buy stuff. Also I badly need at least a 5L.

current build is this at level 48 and it will look like this at 65. It'll be "complete" at 80 when it looks like this. From there it's just adding more life, block, and cast speed for added tankiness

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    I need some help with my build Trainwreck link

I got lucky with drops and bought a Bringer of Rain, capped resists with a bunch of points spent on talent point resists, 16k dps with dual strike.

I was following a guide for practically all of the tree except at the end, I wanted to go up to the templar area but I've noticed I really want the marauder stuff, I'm only at 2.8k HP atm. I'm using 2 swords atm, should I drop the two dual wielding blocks near diamond flesh and go from steelskin out left to warrior's blood or go from the bottom to the axe and sword nodes? I should probably replace the big life wheel with better life nodes elsewhere.

I have 12 refund points atm but I guess I'll need atleast 20.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I finally got a Cybil's Paw for my Incinerate Tank build on Invasion this morning. It's a near-perfect roll: 8 life on spell hit, 11% cast speed. Downside: it's corrupted (to no effect, as far as I can tell) and it's 3 blue linked sockets.

Which might work as a LW/Reduced Duration/FC movement slot, but that wasn't in my build plan

I am, however, nigh indestructable at level 48. I've got some gear upgrades stashed for the next 5 levels. I'll be at 50% block, upwards of 2k armor, 2500 life, 77 to all resists by the time I'm ready to take on Cruel Dominus

right now I need gem upgrades and a better shield. quality gems on Incinerate, Faster Projectiles, LMP, and Faster Casting would be huge upgrades. they aren't cheap, but I've been converting my massive stash of lesser currencies into chaos orbs so that I can buy stuff. Also I badly need at least a 5L.

current build is this at level 48 and it will look like this at 65. It'll be "complete" at 80 when it looks like this. From there it's just adding more life, block, and cast speed for added tankiness

Site's down right now so I can't see your build, but I'm running incinerate as well, 20% quality incinerate and 20% speed from passive tree makes my incinerate reach pretty much the whole screen so not sure you need faster projectiles. I'm running incinerate, LMP, Life Leech, Added Lit, Added Chaos.

edit: okay your build is pretty similar to mine, I'm guessing you are planning on added lit since you are grabbing static blows.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Jutranjo wrote: »

I got lucky with drops and bought a Bringer of Rain, capped resists with a bunch of points spent on talent point resists, 16k dps with dual strike.

I was following a guide for practically all of the tree except at the end, I wanted to go up to the templar area but I've noticed I really want the marauder stuff, I'm only at 2.8k HP atm. I'm using 2 swords atm, should I drop the two dual wielding blocks near diamond flesh and go from steelskin out left to warrior's blood or go from the bottom to the axe and sword nodes? I should probably replace the big life wheel with better life nodes elsewhere.

Since I'm horribly bored at work, I'm gonna look over this and see what I can come up with. My initial thoughts are that you should try to find some slightly better resist gear so you can drop the 3 Scion resist nodes as well as that 6% resist all node.

Edit:
    Okay, not sure how many respec points you'd need, but I think this is a much better path for your build. You'll get a lot more life, among other things. Things to keep in mind: If you need more mana/mana regen, then pick up Mana Flows that's in-between the split for Duelist. Seems you're running really slim on Int, so you might also consider picking up a +30 int node too. You'd probably be safe dropping a couple of the Marauder 6% armor/6% life nodes for these. I'm assuming you're in Ambush, since your health is quite low.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSubLb2Bq8VHfmVNhNluaVjbJd--p1Pf0k3v4xHVm4PAD2NwhO80k3TttkF6704qYEtbrymlBS3dDUCg_MXvTiFgnrl462egtxco2xIg3IKHdjiW3-9ei-cKSn0dyhhNz_jvenhJ035ngHByqAcDh4N8G62VZjboAedYr6cweA2ezRQgcrupbtIhUEe5zbXybEb3vmoeVw0YkaFtbqo1knJsqBjM25HOSsj-j4jxMgnyL4tPu-1N46SsajtE5_cyple8n3KpMZ7vDnzZJy_jn18_9kiMzz38

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    I like the Scion Fire/Tank. Starting from Witch and trying to get EB and MOM now seems dumb. I would love to grab a shock node and maybe increased chaos. Plan is to run incin (20), lmp, added lite, added chaos, life leech (and rarity or proj speed for 6). Right now I'm incin, lmp, added lite and proj speed but I'm heading for proj speed node so i can switch to life leech. http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMHYwelFSAZhhmKGo8c3B6UJDwmlSepKk0snC0fLUctgzGIRKtGcUlRSbJQQlVLVa5WLVcrWm1sFm0Zb55zU3i6eQN_xoIQgh6DCYPbjDaPppMnlwabtZ97oqOnXKw_rEesf7QMwFTB88M6ykrOcdsL3FffsOss9tr7CfxL

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Saldonas wrote: »

Since I'm horribly bored at work, I'm gonna look over this and see what I can come up with. My initial thoughts are that you should try to find some slightly better resist gear so you can drop the 3 Scion resist nodes as well as that 6% resist all node.

Edit:
    Okay, not sure how many respec points you'd need, but I think this is a much better path for your build. You'll get a lot more life, among other things. Things to keep in mind: If you need more mana/mana regen, then pick up Mana Flows that's in-between the split for Duelist. Seems you're running really slim on Int, so you might also consider picking up a +30 int node too. You'd probably be safe dropping a couple of the Marauder 6% armor/6% life nodes for these. I'm assuming you're in Ambush, since your health is quite low.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSubLb2Bq8VHfmVNhNluaVjbJd--p1Pf0k3v4xHVm4PAD2NwhO80k3TttkF6704qYEtbrymlBS3dDUCg_MXvTiFgnrl462egtxco2xIg3IKHdjiW3-9ei-cKSn0dyhhNz_jvenhJ035ngHByqAcDh4N8G62VZjboAedYr6cweA2ezRQgcrupbtIhUEe5zbXybEb3vmoeVw0YkaFtbqo1knJsqBjM25HOSsj-j4jxMgnyL4tPu-1N46SsajtE5_cyple8n3KpMZ7vDnzZJy_jn18_9kiMzz38

Thanks for the help! I've checked the tree and I can shuffle around my points with only 8 regrets+refund points I already have.

Yeah I'm in ambush.

I don't really get how you're supposed to have enough mana for skills, both my characters so far are/were melee and just used blood magic and life leech to regen back up. I'm at 443 mana atm, my dual strike costs 66 mana if I remove the blood magic, with an attack time of 0.15 secs. I know there's a 12.5% max of your mana pool per second limit, so for my mana pool that's 55 mana per second at the limit. I'd need a 6 times larger mana pool just to sustain my dual strike if I didn't want to use blood magic. Do auras lower the limit? I'm using grace and hatred that reserve 88% of my mana pool.

Jutranjo on
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular

Edit:

Thanks for the help! I've checked the tree and I can shuffle around my points with only 8 regrets+refund points I already have.

Yeah I'm in ambush.

I don't really get how you're supposed to have enough mana for skills, both my characters so far are/were melee and just used blood magic and life leech to regen back up. I'm at 443 mana atm, my dual strike costs 66 mana if I remove the blood magic, with an attack time of 0.15 secs. I know there's a 12.5% max of your mana pool per second limit, so for my mana pool that's 55 mana per second at the limit. I'd need a 6 times larger mana pool just to sustain my dual strike if I didn't want to use blood magic. Do auras lower the limit? I'm using grace and hatred that reserve 88% of my mana pool.

Mana leech works just fine.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Invictus wrote: »

Edit:

Yeah I'm in ambush.

Ok, I haven't tried it yet but I don't see how I wouldn't run out of mana in less than 1 second.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »

Edit:

Yeah I'm in ambush.

Ok, I haven't tried it yet but I don't see how I wouldn't run out of mana in less than 1 second.

It does depend on the details; AoE attacks and slower attacks work better with mana leech, but normally I find 3-5% will keep me going in most situations. With 5% say...oh, I see the problem now. I was not appreciating the impact of the recent nerf to leech on fast attackers.

Hm.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Fuck CI
    gnae.png

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

Site's down right now so I can't see your build, but I'm running incinerate as well, 20% quality incinerate and 20% speed from passive tree makes my incinerate reach pretty much the whole screen so not sure you need faster projectiles. I'm running incinerate, LMP, Life Leech, Added Lit, Added Chaos.

edit: okay your build is pretty similar to mine, I'm guessing you are planning on added lit since you are grabbing static blows.

since I posted that I got a 19% Incinerate (close enough!) for 4 chaos, which was a solid deal. So I'm going to ditch Faster Projectiles in favor of Mana Leech. Running into mana issues running Arctic Armor, and I just started act 3 cruel so I need to be able to run it.

I need a quality LMP and Faster Casting, as I'm starting to realize that cast speed = survivability when you have Cybil's Paw. 8 life on hit at 6 times per second x3 hits from LMP is solid, when combined with a Life Leech gem.

I need a 5link as I'd add in a quality Faster Projectiles (for more cast speed, plus damage, at a low mana multiplier)

I don't use Added Lightning Damage. Static Blows is there because that + Tempest Shield + Elemental Proliferation + Max Block = shock stacks galore from just standing there. It's better than linking it to Curse On Hit, since you can rack up 90% extra damage. I'll have CoH + Temporal Chains to swap out for bosses where I need the mitigation.

shield upgrades are tough to find. Crest of Perandus is pretty sweet for that block chance, but until I can run AA with 100% uptime I need the mitigation from that slot. I'm in a difficult place as far as survivability upgrades go. a decent glove and boot upgrade to add armor would let me swap the shield out. Stone of Lazhwar would be nice but I get 59% mana regen from my amulet and I can't give that up right now. thinking about using my respec points to ditch my projectile damage and snag some more block chance and cast speed, and get close to EB/MoM. I need some hybrid armor/ES gear before I can make that switch, though.

I'm only two levels away from where my Flameblast build got RIP'd, and it's making me nervous. Cruel act 3 on Invasion is where shit starts to get murderous

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    If you need more mana regen, look at Goldwyrm Boots (60%) and Atziri's Foible, Paua Amulet as possibilities.

• Options
    Faster Casting is a must on Incinerate builds anyway, as it lets you cycle through its stages faster.

• Options
    Fuck CI
    gnae.png

Damn that's a lot of ES.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    Faster Casting is a must on Incinerate builds anyway, as it lets you cycle through its stages faster.

It also uses up mana a lot faster. When you're relying on Arctic Armor, that's a big issue

I'm now only a point away from EB, which will help a lot. Having a leveled-up Mana Leech is making a huge difference

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    A new direction for PoE has been revealed:

Path of Exile is now Pay to Win

We're always looking for ways to improve Path of Exile's monetisation so that we can bring you more content more quickly. Thankfully, microtransaction design was a very heavily discussed topic at the Game Developers Conference in March. We asked many highly successful developers how we should improve our monetisation, and their answer was unanimous: allow players to Pay to Win.

Given that we were previously Play to Win, it took a while to come around to how games are designed under this new paradigm. We gleaned the following tips from the experts:

When players win, they need fireworks.
    Social is good. Announce the wins to everyone nearby.
    Price-wise, you should nickel and dime the players. That's why we chose a price of $0.15 per win.
    Wins should be consumable and sold in stacks so that players have to keep buying more.

With video demonstration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w19sqGjmNlY

This will surely be a glorious new direction for the game.

(Microtransaction only available today.)

Grislo on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    RIP POE's hardcore fanbase

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    hahahaha

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Grislo wrote: »

"The answer was clearly like this..."

I really like the pause after the animation finishes.

• Options
    Wait, the camera can rotate? Or is that a devmode option only?

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Dev only

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    So who's still playing? New Glacial whatever skill looks cool, it does cold AND phys damage. So you could run hatred with it for even more cold?

• Options
    Cool. Forgot it was patch day.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I started playing a ranger.

Non-hardcore feels different, and I like the difference.

• Options
    _J_ wrote: »
    I started playing a ranger.

Non-hardcore feels different, and I like the difference.

I don't think I can go back after spending a lot of time in regular leagues

I kind of like the feeling that everything is impermanent. it's the antithesis of what draws me to MMOs: that you are constantly making progress no matter what you do. which burns me out after a time.

here, I know that today may very well be the day I make the mistake that erases dozens of hours of work

it is exhilarating in its own way. and it's not for everyone, I admit

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    HC is much easier to get into if you have a lot of time. The SC XP death penalty at high levels is enough incentive for me to really try to avoid dying. I only play 4 month leagues so everything is impermanent anyway.

― Marcus Aurelius