Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WOW] I guess there's an Expansion coming out this year ? Maybe ?

1636466686999

Posts

  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Smasher wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I need 3 more [Spirits]; then I have to grind rep and VP on my DK. Then Runestones because I hate myself.

    I still have to do change of command and with a rather dead server this seems impossible

    I really do hope their plan to have flying back in warlords does not have so many roadblocks or other BS
    They nerfed Change of Command a lot, so a tank can solo it and a dps plus healer shouldn't have any issues

    It's also cross-realmable, unless you're unlucky enough to be on an oceanic server with barely anyone to do it with.

    3DS: 1118-0244-2697
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    You guys are talking about the legendary stuff, yeah? I haven't actually done that on any of my characters yet...is there a cohesive guide to what all I need to do?

  • MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    It's really just a giant quest chain; so get started and just slowly work on it. If you don't have a quest for it in your quest log, go to the Tavern in the Mists and talk to the Prince there (I think).

  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Got pulled into a set of arenas on my paladin as ret, it was hilarious.

    Too damn much CC going on though.

  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I think I got that far...so there's nothing to do but roll through LFR over and over until I have the required number of symbols or sigils or whatever?

  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Smasher wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I need 3 more [Spirits]; then I have to grind rep and VP on my DK. Then Runestones because I hate myself.

    I still have to do change of command and with a rather dead server this seems impossible

    I really do hope their plan to have flying back in warlords does not have so many roadblocks or other BS
    They nerfed Change of Command a lot, so a tank can solo it and a dps plus healer shouldn't have any issues

    Cough cough Windrunner's horde is dead
    Getting Darrowmere only slightly improves this problem it seems

    I am kind of sad I made a tourist on Darrowmere and it seem they have a understanding between each other much like how the horde was on Windrunner back in Wrath

    A.jpg
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think I got that far...so there's nothing to do but roll through LFR over and over until I have the required number of symbols or sigils or whatever?


    Yeah, but since they can drop from all the LFR, you have a decent chance of getting them all in a week now. I ended up running out of steam, so I got it in two. MSV, Heart of Fear, Terrace of Endless Spring, ToT, and SoO are a lot of raids to run.

    steam_sig.png
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    So, as far as I understand it, the new secondary stats in WoD are going to be pretty restricted on what slots they roll for, right?

    I mean, I'd love to build some goofy cleaving discipline priest or cooldown reduction enh shaman or something, but I doubt Blizzard is going to allow me to do that.

    camo_sig2.png
    Like building space ships? Like space dogfighting? Want to play a make-your-own-ship dogfighter where you try to take out an enemy carrier while protecting your own? Then help Greenlight GoD Factory
  • DibbyDibby Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Dac wrote: »
    So, as far as I understand it, the new secondary stats in WoD are going to be pretty restricted on what slots they roll for, right?

    I mean, I'd love to build some goofy cleaving discipline priest or cooldown reduction enh shaman or something, but I doubt Blizzard is going to allow me to do that.

    So the way it works, there's 3 new secondary stats: Multistrike, Amplify, and Readiness. These 3 new stats work just like Haste, Mastery, and Crit in that they can appear on any slot, predetermined. They're not random, so you might have something like Bracers of Smelly Socks that have Readiness/Multistrike. Again, just like today, but add 3 new stats that can be put on gear.

    And then there's Tertiary stats. Things like Cleave, Avoidance, Movespeed, etc. These can randomly appear on gear when it drops (and is seperate from the stat budget, so it won't replace a secondary), not unlike getting a Warforged drop today. So you might get those same Bracers of Smelly Socks that have Readiness/Multistrike, but it's now rolled up Cleave on it as a bonus.

    The idea though is that Tertiary stats should be fairly rare, and building a "set" is almost impossible. It's totally possible to assemble gear with Readiness on it and have crazy cooldown reduction, seeing as that's a secondary. Well, it depends on how Blizz wants to itemize their drops. If there's an entire Raid Tier and only like 1-2 pieces have Readiness on them, welp.

    Dibby on
    Dac
  • PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    While not necessary, I still felt it compulsory to add that completing all 20 sigils (10 wisdom/10 power) in one week will require not only ridiculous time investment (11 raid wings, something like 36? bosses) but hefty amounts of luck too. Assuming a 50% sigil drop rate (which, working on this segment on 4 or 5 characters now, seems optimistic) I don't quite think you have enough bosses to get all the sigils in one week. Now, this is probably just pessimism on my part, but the drop rates seem to decline once you complete one of the sets too. What I like to fantasize is happening is that-even though I have all 10 power sigils-RNG is still rolling for the power sigil on a boss and if that's the result I just get nothing.

    In any case, it is possible. You should be able to get all 20 sigils in one week with how many bosses can drop them. Just don't expect it to happen, even though you fight'em all. I mean, hell, theoretically you can get all 12 titan stones in one week. There are 14 bosses that can drop them, with Lei Shen being a 100% drop. I just, well....did all fourteen this week and am sitting on 3 runestones....so, well, ya know?

    “There are no happy endings, for nothing ends.”
    FFXIV | Lyr Deren
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Thanks for clearing that up, Dibby <3

    camo_sig2.png
    Like building space ships? Like space dogfighting? Want to play a make-your-own-ship dogfighter where you try to take out an enemy carrier while protecting your own? Then help Greenlight GoD Factory
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    When some noob whispers me asking where I got my [link to my legendary cloak], I just groan. If you actually have to ask that, you're not going to be getting it.

    Patch 5.4 wrote:
    First win of the day now awards 150 Conquest Points (up from 100).
    Subsequent wins now awards 75 Conquest Points (up from 50).
    YES! I AM INVINCIBLE!
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Tip: don't try to teleport ambush a mob with just its head poking out of the ground. It will not, in fact, pop up to fight you. You will dumbly port under the ground to go meet it and so far fall a little, get disconnected, log back in dead and be disconnected again....try 3...same thing. Lets try disabling addons, but this is looking like a ticket in the making...

    Xeddicus on
    "For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Even better, you'll probably have to spirit rez to get your corpse back.

    Patch 5.4 wrote:
    First win of the day now awards 150 Conquest Points (up from 100).
    Subsequent wins now awards 75 Conquest Points (up from 50).
    YES! I AM INVINCIBLE!
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I wish I could, but I can't even release to do that...

    "For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
  • PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    I had that happen once. I don't know what fixed it, but I came back to the character half a day later and I was finally able to log on to that toon without getting stuck forever in the loading screen. And yeah, I was a spirit having to walk back to the general area of my corpse.

    “There are no happy endings, for nothing ends.”
    FFXIV | Lyr Deren
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I hope mine fixes itself somehow and I don't have to wait over a day for this ticket. Edit: I R Dumb, was in Holy Spec...

    Xeddicus on
    "For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
  • PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    hahaha, its been so long since I died in open world that I forgot what spirit rez technically meant lol. my bad.
    On the ?plus?, if it comes to that you might find yourself automatically resurrected at the graveyard or a hearth.

    “There are no happy endings, for nothing ends.”
    FFXIV | Lyr Deren
  • MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    Papagander wrote: »
    While not necessary, I still felt it compulsory to add that completing all 20 sigils (10 wisdom/10 power) in one week will require not only ridiculous time investment (11 raid wings, something like 36? bosses) but hefty amounts of luck too. Assuming a 50% sigil drop rate (which, working on this segment on 4 or 5 characters now, seems optimistic) I don't quite think you have enough bosses to get all the sigils in one week. Now, this is probably just pessimism on my part, but the drop rates seem to decline once you complete one of the sets too. What I like to fantasize is happening is that-even though I have all 10 power sigils-RNG is still rolling for the power sigil on a boss and if that's the result I just get nothing.

    In any case, it is possible. You should be able to get all 20 sigils in one week with how many bosses can drop them. Just don't expect it to happen, even though you fight'em all. I mean, hell, theoretically you can get all 12 titan stones in one week. There are 14 bosses that can drop them, with Lei Shen being a 100% drop. I just, well....did all fourteen this week and am sitting on 3 runestones....so, well, ya know?

    I actually got all my sigils in one week on my hunter. Ran every raid to do it, but i did succeed. I then re-ran the raid for the Sha of Fear even though I had already looted it and got nothing, just so I could complete the essence of fear and start the Valor grind since it takes a bare minimum of 3 weeks. I'm on week 2 of that now.

    3DS (Animal Crossing) = 0817-3961-0910
    XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    Steam = http://steamcommunity.com/id/masterofpupets54
    TF2 Backpack = http://www.tf2items.com/id/masterofpupets54 (first page is for trade)
    Papagander
  • PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    Lol, well sir. While I am happy for you in spirit, I must hate you forever for your good luck. ;P Thanks for the tidbit about the Sha of Fear, I was curious if you could still 'loot' it off the body if you're already gotten loot from the creature that week. Not that it's likely to come up but its good to know.

    “There are no happy endings, for nothing ends.”
    FFXIV | Lyr Deren
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    The same thing applies with killing Lei Shen for his Macguffin the same week you looted your last Titan Runestone from him.

    Patch 5.4 wrote:
    First win of the day now awards 150 Conquest Points (up from 100).
    Subsequent wins now awards 75 Conquest Points (up from 50).
    YES! I AM INVINCIBLE!
  • AegisAegis Registered User regular
    I'm just happy I got all the legendary stuff done after they made it a guaranteed runestone drop from Lei Shen, and not before.

    I've heard the horror stories.

  • DacDac Registered User regular
    All this talk of corpse res problems reminds me of the Dark Ages in EQ when your corpse would de-pop after a certain amount of time, and if you hadn't recovered your gear from it yet, you lost everything.

    camo_sig2.png
    Like building space ships? Like space dogfighting? Want to play a make-your-own-ship dogfighter where you try to take out an enemy carrier while protecting your own? Then help Greenlight GoD Factory
    Kid Presentable
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    All this talk of corpse res problems reminds me of the Dark Ages in EQ when your corpse would de-pop after a certain amount of time, and if you hadn't recovered your gear from it yet, you lost everything.

    Couple this with terrain features like the Hole in Paineel. Nice big hole in the ground in one of the starter cities, no safety railing of any sort, and it's a long way down. For good measure let's make people walk past it using a narrow trail to get to other parts of the city just to increase the odds of someone falling in. No, the developers were not sadistic at all.

  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    I'm just happy I got all the legendary stuff done after they made it a guaranteed runestone drop from Lei Shen, and not before.

    I've heard the horror stories.

    I was getting super lucky with my runestones, one of the first people on the server to start the quest. I had 10 runestones in something like 3 weeks (which was superb then). I did not get a single runestone for another 3 weeks.

    3DS: 1118-0244-2697
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    So I am in a debate I am going to create another warlock to grind out my bank guild to two so I can change the name on it
    But what would be a good choice for a warlock? a dwarf? or worgen?
    Worgen have goofy looking casting animations
    And I don't think I can get my dwarf to look like a dark iron dwarf?

    A.jpg
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I'll be curious to see how big the tertiary stat bonuses actually are
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    I'm just happy I got all the legendary stuff done after they made it a guaranteed runestone drop from Lei Shen, and not before.

    I've heard the horror stories.

    I was getting super lucky with my runestones, one of the first people on the server to start the quest. I had 10 runestones in something like 3 weeks (which was superb then). I did not get a single runestone for another 3 weeks.

    it was especially annoying because they actually reduced the drop rate on them after a week or two; a couple of our raiders who got really lucky early on got their cloaks almost immediately, and then everybody else took forever.

    It wasn't that bad when the content was actually current though, since we were running ToT every week anyway. Like a lot of stuff in MoP, it's just catching up that really becomes a chore (although less so now with the timeless isle epics.)

    gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    stand up! It was the smallest on the list but
    pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    I am now at the PvP part of the legendary. The temple battleground is horribly unfun and the whole PvP component is miserable. The matchmaking also sucks. Teams of well geared PvP players versus teams with no healers and in 0 PvP gear. Repeatedly. They are not doing PvP a favor when for many the two battlegrounds in the legendary are theirintro to pvp.

    steam_sig.png
  • PMAversPMAvers You wouldn't have heard of it, anyway...Registered User regular
    It's funny, I actually like both battlegrounds (other than the massive Horde bias the mines has), it's just that they'd play better in a different game.

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU!
    Smrtnik
  • PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    I like both dungeons too, I just get the feeling that geared pvp premades are all the more problem here because prolly half the entreants are just there to get the stupid quest done. My experiences with these have been largely facerolled after facerolled with a less than quarter chance of hitting a skills based even-power map or being in a practical premade to do the facerolling.

    “There are no happy endings, for nothing ends.”
    FFXIV | Lyr Deren
  • PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    Sry, meant I like both pvp modes, not dungeons lol.

    “There are no happy endings, for nothing ends.”
    FFXIV | Lyr Deren
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Speaking of BGs, since I finished the Timeless Isle rep I thought about possibly doing AG and/or WSG rep as those are the last two I haven't finished. Then I did a round of each which reminded me why I haven't bothered finishing them: a tiny amount of rep being tied to flag caps/specific score milestones means it'd take fucking forever to get to exalted with those reps.

  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    warsong rep is soooo awful

    at least with AB you get a decent amount for actually playing the game

    gkcmatch_zps97480250.jpg
    stand up! It was the smallest on the list but
    pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    Got lucky and had Kovok drop for me in LFR. Bitch went straight to the AH. Made an easy 15k gold, so now I actually have a little gold in the bank.

    3DS (Animal Crossing) = 0817-3961-0910
    XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    Steam = http://steamcommunity.com/id/masterofpupets54
    TF2 Backpack = http://www.tf2items.com/id/masterofpupets54 (first page is for trade)
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Got lucky and had Kovok drop for me in LFR. Bitch went straight to the AH. Made an easy 15k gold, so now I actually have a little gold in the bank.

    This is why I hate the fact battle pets drop in raids
    As some people like the battle pet system I do not like the fact people can massively profit from them

    A.jpg
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    That makes no sense. It's not like you can't pet battle without the raid drops. And people don't have to spend that much money.

    Emporium
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    But some of the better pets are the raid ones and some of the really hard pets to find to catch

    A.jpg
  • FairchildFairchild Neutralizing hostiles. Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    So I am in a debate I am going to create another warlock to grind out my bank guild to two so I can change the name on it
    But what would be a good choice for a warlock? a dwarf? or worgen?
    Worgen have goofy looking casting animations
    And I don't think I can get my dwarf to look like a dark iron dwarf?

    I just had that same inner debate and went with Dwarf, because I've never leveled a Dwarf to max and I'd like to see what their backstory is like. I think you can create a Dark Iron Dwarf but only if you go with the random appearance choices, which will eventually provide you with a dark-skinned, red-eyed model. You can't build one yourself, which is kinda strange.

  • AegisAegis Registered User regular
    That makes no sense. It's not like you can't pet battle without the raid drops. And people don't have to spend that much money.

    And yet...people spend ridiculous amount of gold on the shit for some inexplicable reason. I took a moment last week to go through and cage a few random pets that were either duplicates or who I didn't care about. Easiest 7k gold I ever made.

  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    I have a bunch of Lumpys from last year if anyone wants to trade them or such

    A.jpg
This discussion has been closed.