As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MAHVEL] at the new MCU thread, this one's done!

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    So, Guardians of the Galaxy animated series on Disney XD.

Somehow, I don't think we'll be getting "BLAM. I murdered you!"

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »

I'm 100% okay with that.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    James Gunn to Jeph Loeb, what could go wrong?

Are Man of Action at least overseeing it?

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    InkSplat wrote: »

Well they've already guest starred on the current animated shows so it's not a big stretch.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I don't have any problem with Scarlet Witch's look for AoU. It doesn't look like a costume, it just looks like street clothes. Which is fine.

Quicksilver is sketchy, but not super-awful, and I'm not going to judge until I see it in motion.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I don't have any problem with Scarlet Witch's look for AoU. It doesn't look like a costume, it just looks like street clothes. Which is fine.

Quicksilver is sketchy, but not super-awful, and I'm not going to judge until I see it in motion.

Blink and you'll miss

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Eh. They're too silly looking for street clothes but too cheap for superhero costumes or
    HYDRA uniforms.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    It would be cool if they used Strange as a chance to actually have a non white dude lead.

His background is ambiguous enough you could easily pick up a middle eastern or indian actor to play him.

If they do(and they will) go white guy my vote would be for John Hamm

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Hellbore wrote: »
    Here's a preview of the released Age of Ultron teasers linked together

Still missing Thor and Hulk

the full version has been on marvel.com all day.

edit: oh its already on the last page, i didnt know we were spoiler tagging posters. meh sorry.

Deaderinred on
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »

Loeb will be its show runner, like the rest of his cartoons. :(

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    It would be cool if they used Strange as a chance to actually have a non white dude lead.

His background is ambiguous enough you could easily pick up a middle eastern or indian actor to play him.

If they do(and they will) go white guy my vote would be for John Hamm

You, uh, might want to read the last page of this thread (97). Or not!

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Eh. They're too silly looking for street clothes but too cheap for superhero costumes or
    HYDRA uniforms.

Quicksilver's doesn't look like street clothes, but I could absolutely see Scarlet Witch's outfit there on someone walking around in reality.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The thing is they're completely normal clothes in a sea of fantastical costumes. Which ironically makes them stand out as weird.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I have a sneaking suspicion that Ant-Man is going to be Marvel's first non - runaway success.

• edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    The footage sounded quite good, but it has a hill to climb.

It still sounds like a heist film, so that's nice.

edzepp on
    edzepp wrote: »
    The footage sounded quite good, but it has a hill to climb.

So long as the dialog doesn't drone on, I'm confident the workers will get a great movie together.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Full Age of Ultron poster
    u47G52O.jpg

I like to think Hawkeye is getting swarmed because the robutts are all "Ok fucking seriously these arrows aren't doing anything to us but fawk this is getting annoying, sic 'im!"

*edited for clarity*

HappylilElf on
    I don't know, he had arrows that exploded, arrows that shot bullets, and arrows that melted whatever metal the chitauri were using for their chariots. I'd wager any of those would do some damage to some robutts.

• FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    Hopefully there will be some more variety to Hawkeye's trick arrows in Age of Ultron. Most of the ones he had in the first movie were just straight up damage-dealers. I'd love to see him display more versatility.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I figured out what bothers me about Scarlet Witch in the posters. She is the only one looking at the camera. Everyone else concentrating on the matter at hand.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I don't know, he had arrows that exploded, arrows that shot bullets, and arrows that melted whatever metal the chitauri were using for their chariots. I'd wager any of those would do some damage to some robutts.

Oh I'm sure he will be effective in the movie

I'm just talking about the poster specifically

robutts with arrows sticking out of them all swarming the guy

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I figured out what bothers me about Scarlet Witch in the posters. She is the only one looking at the camera. Everyone else concentrating on the matter at hand.

She has reality altering powers, she knows she's in a movie poster.

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Fakefaux wrote: »
    Hopefully there will be some more variety to Hawkeye's trick arrows in Age of Ultron. Most of the ones he had in the first movie were just straight up damage-dealers. I'd love to see him display more versatility.

Boxing glove arrows (did Hawkeye ever try those or is that just a Green Arrow thing)? I can see Stark walking in with a quiver full and handing them over.

Black Widow becomes Deadpool?

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I have a sneaking suspicion that Ant-Man is going to be Marvel's first non - runaway success.

There have already been more than a few which weren't successful. All of the Hulk movies, for example.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

There have already been more than a few which weren't successful. All of the Hulk movies, for example.

Only the Edward Norton The Incredible Hulk is an actual Marvel Studios production. It's also the only Marvel Studios production that could remotely be classified as not successful, and it still grossed $263 million on a budget of $150 million.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

Incredible Hulk?

EDIT: Read the thread, dummy.

Undead Scottsman on
  • FCDFCD Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »

Loeb will be its show runner, like the rest of his cartoons. :(

From what I've heard, Loeb is focused more on the live-action TV division, and is letting others run the animation side. So maybe it'll turn out good?

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Bald guy from House of Cards is an interesting pick for a villain, but yus I am tentatively unhype or Ant-man. It's too early to yell doooooom, but it's a pet project taken off it's loving creator and handed off to a new guy. Does that ever bode well?

Oh brilliant
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Bald guy from House of Cards is an interesting pick for a villain, but yus I am tentatively unhype or Ant-man. It's too early to yell doooooom, but it's a pet project taken off it's loving creator and handed off to a new guy. Does that ever bode well?

... Empire Strikes Back?

it's not perfectly equivalent, of course.

Tamin on
    And yet by the looks of things, it takes a lot from the Edgar Wright version, so one has to wonder what the exact sticking point was.

edited July 2014
    Km6v4x3.jpg

The only good thing to come out of the marvel panel. Other than the awesome sounding ultron trailer of course.

Deaderinred on
    edited July 2014
    If they didn't have anything else to show from anything coming out in phase 3, then there's no real point talking about anything besides what's coming in 2015. I mean, most of the movies on their phase 3 slates would probably just be logos at this point anyway, so they would still end up mostly talking about Avengers 2 anyway.

Guardians 2 is just riding hype on Guardians 1 coming out.

edzepp on
    He just wont take it off! someone better cast adam warlock fast.

xKT1YIZ.jpg

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Can't find the Ultron trailer anywhere. The description for it is p.crazy though!
    The three to four minute preview kicks off with all the Avengers together. They’re having a party. Everyone is drinking. Iron Man is trying to lift Thor’s hammer and he can’t. He grabs Iron Man’s hand and still can’t pull it up. Thor is enjoying watching all the Avengers try. Hulk can’t do it either… but he’s not angry. Captain America is almost able to pull it up and it scares Thor.

Thor says they’re all not worthy of holding his hammer, but then the party gets disrupted by the film’s villain: Ultron.

We transition to a montage of war clips. “This is the end. The end of the path,” Iron Man says. Iron Man is wearing the Hulkbuster armor in one scene. There is lots of battle footage in snow-covered areas.

“There are no strings on me,” Ultron says at the end. Then we see Iron Man looking at Captain America, Thor, and a ton of other people dead on the ground.

They uh. They wouldn't kill those guys off in a trailer, would they? D:

Oh brilliant
    Probably not. It's probably a dream or something.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    He just wont take it off! someone better cast adam warlock fast.

xKT1YIZ.jpg

Who is who in this photo? I got 3 out of the lot...not including the guy with the Infinity Gauntlet. Google to the rescue on that one. But everyone but Thor, Sam Jackson and RDJ (I think) and Thanos is?

Xeddicus on
This discussion has been closed.